Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting Posts for Mod Attention

Options
  • 11-11-2010 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭

Sometimes, I see threads that should be merged as there is already one on the topic, or posted in the wrong forum, etc. Before I used to use the 'Report' function to inform the mods.

However, I saw this note in the reporting screen:

"Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts, or signatures which breach the guidelines."

Should these threads and posts still be reported this way or should we use PMs to the mods instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

No, you're fine, you can use the report post function for that kind of thing. The wording is a little outdated and maybe we need to change it, but basically you an use the Report Post button for anything you feel should be brought to a mod's attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Cheers

Advertisement