Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning product with just Laser card receipt

Options
  • 11-11-2010 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I bought a Freesat Grundig satellite receiver for the parents in April this year from Maplins in Dublin. It wasn't opened until recently when I went to install if for them, anyway it turns out some of the channels could not be picked up on the box and it is a very common issue with these boxes, they have even been taken off the market. I want to go and return this to Maplins for either a replacement or a credit note but I don't have the receipt, however I do have the laser card transaction receipt. Would this be enough to return it? It is still also under it's 12 month warranty.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There's only one way to find out, unless someone with exactly the same experience can give you a definitive answer but even then you might meet a different person on the day and get a different response.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

Is the product faulty? If so you would be entitled to a repair, replacment or refund depending on what you can agree with the retailler (once you can prove the laser reciept is for that actual product)

If it isn't faulty and it's just a feature of the product you are really entitled to nothing. Especially since you have had the product for almost 8 months.

If it was mis-sold by the sales guy (he told you it could do something it actually can't) you would be entitled to a refund only if you can prove that you were misled.

To be fair, looking for a refund eight months down the line is a bit rich

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Thanks dude, I will be going in to try and return it next week, I just thought I'd see if anyone had anything similar returning a product with a Laser card receipt!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

whippet wrote: »
    Is the product faulty? If so you would be entitled to a repair, replacment or refund depending on what you can agree with the retailler (once you can prove the laser reciept is for that actual product)

If it isn't faulty and it's just a feature of the product you are really entitled to nothing. Especially since you have had the product for almost 8 months.

If it was mis-sold by the sales guy (he told you it could do something it actually can't) you would be entitled to a refund only if you can prove that you were misled.

To be fair, looking for a refund eight months down the line is a bit rich

The product is faulty, that's what I'm saying. There are literally hundreds of posts on different forums from people with the same problem. I don't even think the company is producing units anymore. I'm not specifically looking for a refund, I want it fixed or replaced, or an alternative receiver of similar value. It is suppose to have a 12 month guarantee after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Thanks dude, I will be going in to try and return it next week, I just thought I'd see if anyone had anything similar returning a product with a Laser card receipt!

A Laser receipt with the date, price and place is proof of purchase, whether you have the till receipt or not. Good luck. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

A laser receipt should be fine. With that they can look up sales of it on and around that date (around because laser dates are sometimes delayed a few days)

Advertisement