Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTML coding issue...

Options
  • 11-11-2010 6:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Having a HTML problem. It's been awhile, a long while since I dabbled with any kind of coding and, well, I'm rusty!

Basically, I want to create an offline version of a newsletter I've created in work. It's available online, but I would also like to e-mail a offline version to my colleagues here in work.

So, I've created my own working version, but because of the internal systems, each account is personalised. Coding for a link/page on my own desktop is [URL]file:///D:\PersonalData\username\Desktop\etc...\[/URL], but obviously the username is going to differ with each account.

Basically what I'm asking is, is there a generic line of code that would allow me to send the newsletter encapsulated within a folder, that I can zip, send to the company, have them un-zip, and use locally.

Apologies for the ramble.

Thanks in advance folks.

RNB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 xonet

As far as I know no such generic method exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Is the newsletter a single page with just anchor links ?

If so, you could try a HTML-to-PDF converter.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Once you use relative paths instead of absolute paths, it should work fine.

You could also look at converting it to CHM format.

I would be inclined to just create a PDF though. A newsletter should only be one page; doesn't really need links. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

Well, the frontpage has headlines, with the main stories having their own individual linked pages.

There are also downloadable files linked into certain pages.

It simply allows colleagues who work on the road to go online once during the day and download a workable offline version.

I'll give the relative paths a shot and get back to you guys.

Thanks for the speedy responses - very much appreciated.

Advertisement