Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still/Video

• 11-11-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭

I have used this at some of the Weddings I have done but for the Horses figured it might tell a bit more about how I shoot. 1dmk3 with a 70-200 f2.8 IS L, all shot in jpeg and lifted straight into Proshow Producer with 1/10 of a second between them with some of the shots getting 1 second. C&C always welcome, I do realise its a bit rushed.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Thought it was well done, the flicking from portrait to landscape took away from film I felt. From 55-105 was the best part, I can see what you were getting at though, IMHO :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Can't C&C on them tbh, as its too much a cross of still/clip - I'd actually rather you chose the better shots and put up the stills. I am pretty much anti-video unless it's a necessity. Looks like there was some beauty shots in there still-wise though :) One there of hoofs in mud i could visualise in a nive high contrasty B&W ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jumpinac

cool idea did it take long to put together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

About 10 minutes to drop into Proshow and then 20 minutes to render.

I know what you mean Keith, the thing I like about it as opposed to video is that there all 10mp stills in the video so any can be picked out and printed instead of only 1080i stills from a video camera/dslr

Just a bit of fun from what was for me a really nice hour with the Horses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

interesting concept! all shot with bursts i take it?

i'm wondering could it be rendered to show a believable slow motion clip?

:)

• Advertisement

Fionn wrote: »
    interesting concept! all shot with bursts i take it?

i'm wondering could it be rendered to show a believable slow motion clip?

Yeah shot with bursts Fionn, I suppose it could but I think the subject will travel too far in relation to the time taken to shoot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

yeah,
    think i must get a camera with some video capability, i have an idea for a slide show entrance with a bride and father in SloMo going up the aisle then maybe something similar Bride & Groom coming down the aisle for the exit! maybe something like 3-4 seconds.

I have taken every picture from a wedding day and put them into Proshow with 1/10th of a second duration on each frame and let them play, couples really love it.

Advertisement