Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty PS3 1 month out of warranty

Options
  • 11-11-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

I bought a new PS3 slim on the 1/9/09 still have receipt and box. Today I bought COD:Black Ops turned on the PS3,
    which hasn't been on for about a month, stuck in COD and it makes noise but doesn't recognise the disc.
    Tried 2 more games and a few Blu Rays and the same thing.

Where do I stand if I bring it back to the shop? Or will I have better look contacting Sony?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Contact Sony and be firm about the fact you want this fixed. I got mine fixed out of warranty, they replaced it and picked it up and dropped it off by courier.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭BobPresto

I emailed sony earlier. How long was yours out of warranty?

By the way DVDs still play so I think its just the Blu-Ray laser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Oh, I'd be pulling my hair out if that happened to me. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you don't find that the Black Ops disc isn't affected when the PS3 is fixed.
    Am thinking of getting that myself, for Christmas. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055795516

Long thread here but a few guys have been successful through the small claims court.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭astra2000

Seems to be a problem with the ps3, my sister had same issue contacted them direct they collected the original machine couldnt be fixed so they gave her a new one think she had to pay between 30 to 50 euro.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

BobPresto wrote: »
    I bought a new PS3 slim on the 1/9/09 still have receipt and box. Today I bought COD:Black Ops turned on the PS3,
    which hasn't been on for about a month, stuck in COD and it makes noise but doesn't recognise the disc.
    Tried 2 more games and a few Blu Rays and the same thing.

Where do I stand if I bring it back to the shop? Or will I have better look contacting Sony?

Your contract is with the shop, not Sony. Have a good look through the thread above about the Small claims court, which gives the relevant legislation. Use this, and be polite but firm with the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

astra2000 wrote: »
    Seems to be a problem with the ps3, my sister had same issue contacted them direct they collected the original machine couldnt be fixed so they gave her a new one think she had to pay between 30 to 50 euro.
    forget sony, the shop is obliged by law to repair or replace or refund. why should any customer pay more for an item that should last a few years when it stops working due to a known fault after 13months?

Went into GameStop this afternoon and explained it all to the manager.
    He told me Sony has extended the warranty on the PS3 slims.
    And gave me a freephone number to ring, so I'm gonna ring tomorrow.

Just got off the phone with Sony... It turns out the manager from GameStop was talking shoite.
    Gonna ring Gamestops head office now....

• Advertisement

Got a call back from there head office today and collected a refurbished PS3 slim this afternoon.
    With a 3 month Gamestop warranty and a 1 year Sony warranty.

I guess that Sales of Goods Act does work....

Advertisement