Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senior Cycle Competitions?

• 11-11-2010 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Anyone know any competitons I could enter like ones based around Debating/English?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

Just yourself or in a team?

I did the Concern Debates during last year in 5th year. They're very interesting and I was captain of the team.

European Youth Parliament is another great one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

higgz wrote: »
    Just yourself or in a team?

I did the Concern Debates during last year in 5th year. They're very interesting and I was captain of the team.

European Youth Parliament is another great one too.

I've done both of them and can agree that they are so much fun! :)

Did Concern debates in TY and loved it. Was so much fun. Was at regionals of EYP in both TY and 5th year, didn't get through to nationals either time though.! :( I enjoyed the last one better because I was more out-going.

Ask your teachers if there is anything you can get involved in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Fr.Ebula Conundrum

Did E.Y.P this year, it was absolutely fantastic, hope I get throught to nationals so I can experience it again :) Unfortunately our school missed registration for concern this year though:( This is basically just my attempt to find some competition I can be in :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

The Trinity Mace debating competition is on in a couple of weekends time. Am unsure of the precise date (I think it's the 26th/27th), but it's being run by The Historical Society as far as I know, so contact them for more details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Any essay competitions would be nice too...:pac:

• Advertisement

The Trinity Mace debating competition is on in a couple of weekends time. Am unsure of the precise date (I think it's the 26th/27th), but it's being run by The Historical Society as far as I know, so contact them for more details!
    Is that only for Leinster schools?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Is that only for Leinster schools?

I'm not sure, your best bet would be to ring them up and ask :).

I can't find anything about the competition on the internet :@ Just have to email the hist society :/

Advertisement