Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is It Worth Upgrading??

• 11-11-2010 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭

I have a Tacx Flow and for about €180 I can get the PC upgrade, just wondering if anybody knows if there is much of an advantage in this upgrade.....

http://www.bike24.com/p26732.html

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you want the VR, it's a lot cheaper than getting the separate unit. Hence if this facility is something you think you are going to use, then yes it's worth it.

I would add, however, that you would need to consider the cost of purchasing the VR videos as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Cheers Beasty.

Mmmmm....really it was about a comp programme that will store my sessions so I can keep a log of what I'm doing/have done and so I can analyse the power, cadence etc..... Do u know if it's a good tool for that type of thing?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,702 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The Analyser software that should come with the unit does store all this info on a ride by ride basis (it won't show cumulative figures though)

When I got this trainer I didn't get any software with it, should I have? It's the Tacx T1680 Flow to be exact.

Actually just noticed that the Tacx Trainer software 3.0 can be bought seperately for 99 euro, I wonder is this worth it? Sorry for all the questions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I'm sure you have thought of this but you could buy an Garmin Edge 500 with cadence sensor and HR monitor for about €230. It won't give you any power data (and perhaps that's the important bit) but you will get most of the other stuff and you can use the free analysis software. You can use it all year round too.

I'm sure you have thought of this but you could buy an Garmin Edge 500 with cadence sensor and HR monitor for about €230. It won't give you any power data (and perhaps that's the important bit) but you will get most of the other stuff and you can use the free analysis software. You can use it all year round too.

Thanks man, I have a forerunner 305 and cadence sensor, it is really the power output that I am interested in, which is on the unit but I was wondering how this info could be transfered to a PC. It looks like the Tacx software 3.0 will do this, has anybody used this software, is it worth 90 euro?

Advertisement