Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen to play in Sligo???

Options
  • 11-11-2010 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Ok it's not just a mad dream I had. About a month ago a friend of mine who is a Sprinsgsteen fanatic like myself told me about this rumour and said he heard from a very reliable source. The reasons he gave was

Bruce is very good friends with Leonard Cohen and was talking to him about his Lissadell House gig and was very impressed with it

He probably wont be touring with the E Street band but more than likely a solo tour or something like the Seeger sessions tour that he did in the Point in 2006 to 8000 people so the Lissadell venue would suit this perfect.

Anyways didn't hear anything else about it till yesterday when I seen someone set up a Facebook page for it
    http://en-gb.facebook.com/pages/Bruce-Springsteen-To-Play-Lissadell-House-Co-Sligo-in-Summer-2011/103159816419327

If this happened it would be amazing. I will probably be out of the country but I would nearly come back to see The Boss play in Sligo.

To say tickets for something like this would be gold dust would be an understatement

Any more rumours or info post on this thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Let's hope it isn't just a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Herd talk of this the days after Leonard Cohen gigs,there was talk that Sprinsgsteen's people were in Lissadell checking it out that weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

And am I bothered??;)

Let hope it's just a rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

David Bowie was also mentioned to be "lined up" for next year.....was working at the gigs and it was someone in the know who told me :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

And am I bothered??;)

Let hope it's just a rumour

Yea one of the most successful recording artists in the world coming to Sligo would be terrible for the place alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

David Bowie was also mentioned to be "lined up" for next year.....was working at the gigs and it was someone in the know who told me :cool:

Now that would be good.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Holybejaysus

The Facebook link is just a petition. Does anybody in the know have solid evidence that The Boss is serious about playing in Sligo? I always thought Brucey would be fantastic for the Other Voices thing in Dingle. Brucey, if you read this, play Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

The Facebook link is just a petition. Does anybody in the know have solid evidence that The Boss is serious about playing in Sligo? I always thought Brucey would be fantastic for the Other Voices thing in Dingle. Brucey, if you read this, play Dingle.

Ya I know the facebook link is just a petition but honestly about a month or two ago I heard from my friend who's source is someone high up in event promotion in Ireland.

We all know

Unconfirmed Rumours + Facebook petitions = It's definitely happening:D

Bruce come to Sligo not Dingle please:)

gustavo wrote: »
    one of the most successful recording artists in the world

That's debatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

That's debatable.

Wow, sour grapes. If you're not interested in Bruce why are you hanging around this thread telling his fans he's crap. They're not interested in that either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Cool Running

That's debatable.

120 million albums sold worldwide

20 Grammy Awards

2 Golden Globes

1 Oscar Award

8 albums in Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums

I could go on

It's not really debatable

Wow, sour grapes. If you're not interested in Bruce why are you hanging around this thread telling his fans he's crap. They're not interested in that either.

I never stated he was crap, that is a very personal judgement made by each person him/her self.

I stated that I was not bothered and that it was debatable that he is one of the best.

Nothing more nothing less.

And my excusses I didn't realise this was the "we love bruce corner" nobody else is allowed. I must have mistaken boards.ie for a public forum?

120 million albums sold worldwide

20 Grammy Awards

2 Golden Globes

1 Oscar Award

8 albums in Rolling Stones 500 Greatest Albums

I could go on

It's not really debatable

I know he sold a lot of records, that makes him a very populair artist not necessarily one of the best.

There are a lot of bad musicians who sold a lot of records, there are very good musician who sell very little and were never awarded a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I never said best I said successful - there's a difference

gustavo wrote: »
    I never said best I said successful - there's a difference

fair point, there is indeed a big difference.

Advertisement