Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro shop

• 11-11-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭

How come everything in the euro shop is usually 2 euros while in the pound shop in the north the same item is £1?

Money grabbing muppets in the republic

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Yeah, I heard they're changing the names of the euro shops from 2 euro shops to 1.18 euro shops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

The shops in the Republic will pay higher wages, higher rents and higher rates than their counterparts in NI. They will pass on those higher costs to their customers. Nobody who owns a Euro shop is living in the lap of luxury.

This difference between prices in NI compared to the South has been covered many times on Boards.ie. Why do people not get it yet?

If you want to shop up North, do so. If you think things are too dear in the South, don't buy them. Or write to your TD and tell them to do something about it. But FFS stop writing about it here on boards.ie where the answer is always the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

mcwhirter wrote: »
    How come everything in the euro shop is usually 2 euros while in the pound shop in the north the same item is £1?

Money grabbing muppets in the republic

ehhhh???

They're different companies in different markets with different products!!!

In the Euro2 shops there are many 2 for €2, 2 for €3, 3 for €2 & 5 for €2 items.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

91011 wrote: »
    ehhhh???

They're different companies in different markets with different products!!!

In the Euro2 shops there are many 2 for €2, 2 for €3, 3 for €2 & 5 for €2 items.

I am comparing the exact items sold in both shops. £1 in the north , 2 euros in the south.
    Those offers you have quoted, are always more here, it is always rounded up to the nearest euro, its a joke.

And Slasher, that is why ireland is up the creek, everyone here likes to pay more, the mugs.
    Lets pay more , we are wealthy and one of the richest countries in europe.
    Not any more!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

And Slasher, that is why ireland is up the creek, everyone here likes to pay more, the mugs.
    Lets pay more , we are wealthy and one of the richest countries in europe.
    Not any more!!

Funnily enough we all like to earn more too. We need to march to have everyones wages cut.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I am comparing the exact items sold in both shops. £1 in the north , 2 euros in the south.
    Those offers you have quoted, are always more here, it is always rounded up to the nearest euro, its a joke.

I don't go into these stores except on the odd occasion when I'm looking for stuff that can be thrown away after use. - (mousetraps especailly:D)

But they seem to offer good value and really I'm not interested in travelling 80miles to save 20c. - In fact I wouldn't travel 80 yards to save 20c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Well - seeing as how the whole marketing premise for those shops is that everything costs an even amount, there's not much sense to charging €1.18 per item.

Great business to be in if you're doing it wholesale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

91011 wrote: »
    I don't go into these stores except on the odd occasion when I'm looking for stuff that can be thrown away after use. - (mousetraps especailly:D)

But they seem to offer good value and really I'm not interested in travelling 80miles to save 20c. - In fact I wouldn't travel 80 yards to save 20c.

Yes exactly, its like the big que at petrol stations because petrol is going up 5 cent at midnight, to fill up to save a once off 2 euro. Great saving it if its no effort involved,

Advertisement