Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating the lc

• 11-11-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My first post !!

This year I am repeating, because i didnt get enough points (310) and i needed, what i thought was 375 but the points went up to 435 !!

anyways I was just wondering If anybody has any advice for repeat students. like what to do differently studying etc

thanks
    stu

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Well I think you know yourself what you need to do. Get the head down and work from the word go. I repeated last year and I aimed to get all my projects done before Xmas. That was a real help come the second half of the year.

As far as study tips, it doesnt change from 6th year. Make use of your free classes. Get homework done there , some study. Then we you get home you can relax and chill for awhile. That does wonders for you trust me.

At the end of the day you came back to repeat because you really want a certain course, so if you work hard this year you'll certainly get your reward! I was 40 points off primary teaching the 1st year I sat the Leaving and I went up 75 points to 510 the next year because I put the effort in. Do the same and then enjoy college life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Studunne

Thanks for the reply :)

I'll keep those in mind, and i'll study hard and get the points !!!

I'm glad im repeating to get the points and then hopefully attend ucd to study science or arts.

Regards
    stu

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 70 ✭✭grinds

Use the past papers as a guide... Don't read a book from cover to cover.. use the past papers as a guide to what you need to cover from your notes/books

Advertisement