Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows media player not letting me sync music

Options
  • 11-11-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭

hopefully im in the right place :
    when i go to put music from windows media player onto my memory card for my phone it comes up :
    Windows Media Player encountered a problem while synchronizing the file to the device. For additional assistance, click Web Help.
    i've checked the web help and checked in the properties to maked sure the file is not hidden, so please help anyone have any ideas how to fix this as i am clueless!! :) thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Does the name of the phone appear in the sync tab on the computer ok?

What phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

its a memory card im using, im not plugging in the phone to the computer at all.......

clairek6 wrote: »
    its a memory card im using, im not plugging in the phone to the computer at all.......

I have never used the sync that way, Im not sure if it will even do it like that. All you need to do is go to 'my computer', see the memory card, and drag and drop the music files you want into it, and done.

Davy wrote: »
    I have never used the sync that way, Im not sure if it will even do it like that. All you need to do is go to 'my computer', see the memory card, and drag and drop the music files you want into it, and done.

thanks for all your help, got it sorted turns out the lock on the memory card was on.. i didnt realise this stopped it from working properly :o

but now i have another problem so any help would be gladly appreciated, i got a new phone (nokia 5230) and when i put it in my phone no music is coming up at all and as i use my phone as my mp3 player i realli need it :(any help please?:)

You are better off, putting the card in the phone, and then transferring the music. You will be able to sync it fine with windows media player now with the card in the phone.

On the first use, you often need to just get the music player to search the phone, normally does it automatically when opened but maybe it didn't on this case. Try that first, and if it doesn't work, do as i said above.

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    You are better off, putting the card in the phone, and then transferring the music. You will be able to sync it fine with windows media player now with the card in the phone.

On the first use, you often need to just get the music player to search the phone, normally does it automatically when opened but maybe it didn't on this case. Try that first, and if it doesn't work, do as i said above.

thanks again for your fast reply , i pressed refresh music files and it worked thanks i wouldnt have thought of that:)

Advertisement