Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A few quick questions....

• 11-11-2010 7:22pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently in California and I'm thinking of buying a new camera - spur of the moment decision kinda haha... I just saw the Canon 60D and it looks great. What I'm wondering is, if I buy it in the Duty Free on the way home, am I going to save much money? If its not that much I might just wait and get it from ebay etc later, but I do not want to regret saving money. Or are there shops in San Francisco I can buy it from that are as cheap as duty free etc? I'm only here for 2 more days so posting from B&H is not an option unfortunately...

Also, how is the 18-135-is lens rated? I previously used the Sigma 18-200-IS and loved it. I don't necessarily Need 200mm, 135mm would probably be fine, but is the quality of the lens better on the canon than the sigma? I'll prob get a 50mm also - and later down the line something else maybe. But are there any better alternatives to the 18-135 in the same price bracket?

Is

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

I would buy in the states, I'm sure there are some very good reputable shops in San Fran. You might not even make a saving buying it duty free on the way back and it could be a risk, will it be in stock?
    I hear really good things about the canon 15-85 efs lens, Id go for that over one of the super zoom ones.
    You can compare some lenses here

Advertisement