Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toilet bowl water level low

• 11-11-2010 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭

water in all toilet bowls dropped today. does not seem to be any blockage outside (detached dormer in the country). would it be anything to do with the severe winds???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

i would say your septic tank is full
    perhaps with rain water causing a vacum
    you may need to get it emptied but if you can persevere the problem may rectify itself with a few dry days for the soak pit
    i have had this problem before so
    i personally wouldnt get it emptied as it probably will refill with the amount of rain were getting

• Registered Users Posts: 48,251 ✭✭✭✭km79

thanks for the reply. i have a pumped water treatment system which i have checked . i dont think the tank is full. i have done a bit of research in the meantime and it may well be the wind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

km79 wrote: »
    thanks for the reply. i have a pumped water treatment system which i have checked . i dont think the tank is full. i have done a bit of research in the meantime and it may well be the wind

That, or a blockage....

doe not seem to be a blockage and it happened when winds picked up this afternoon. wait and see now i guess....

seems it was the wind:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Try putting a cowl over top of main vent pipe, wind can cause a vacuum like blowing over the top of a bottle.

Advertisement