Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the Best Mobile Network for texts to Korea?

Options
  • 11-11-2010 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have recently made a connection with a person in S.Korea through msn and started texting them. I was on O2 and my messages never got to the person, they charged me for them but my messages never got to the recipient. So I switched to 3 mobile and they worked but it costed 25c per message so it was way too expensive. I recently switched to Tesco mobile because they had double credit and texts to Korea were only 14c so I was delighted. But I have absolutely awful coverage where I live with them. 3 was great coverage. But now its causing problems with when and how my messages reach the person in Korea ao I am looking to switch again. Can any give me some help or advice? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Cheapest texts will be webtexts from O2 or Vodafone.
    Is your correspondent in Korea using a GSM phone or a local Korean system? O2 webtexts do not go to non GSM networks. Vodafone might work better, get a prepaid SIM and try!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jacksepticeye

I have no idea if they have a GSM or local system. To be honest I don't even know the difference. My Tesco texts were getting to her but then my no. started to change she said. Instead of 35389 at the start of the number it changed to 00189,00289 and 0070089. And this caused problems. She said that my messages only got to her sometimes and not all the time. Then my messages just all came at once. I think its because I have no signal most times where I live. Its really annoying me because there are always problems. If its not money then its not being able to send messages at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 jacksepticeye

I would do that but when Im online I can just use msn to talk to her. I really appreciate all your help though. Does anyone know the cheapest company for international texts. 3 is 25c per message so I need something better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Aha but those in the know on this forum use a program like Cabbage to use your webtexts from your phone.

http://www.cabbagetexter.com/
    I think its because I have no signal most times where I live. Its really annoying me because there are always problems.

Also think about which service has a signal at your house.

• Advertisement
Advertisement