Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

wii **** championship edition

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Looks like I may have to cancel my pre-order with game because all the shops in cork city are gonna be closed because of the queens visit,she would have to visit the day l.a noire is out wouldn't she :rolleyes:

Are you fuc*ing joking!!!???? Right, time to dust off the ol sniper rifle and put all those hours of MGS fighting The End to use! Will she in Cork or is the whole country shutting down?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Am really looking forward to this, agree that it doesnt need a multiplayer, tacked on multiplayer is pointless, look at Dead Space 2, it didnt need it, they put it in anyway, doesn anyone even play the MP part anymore? Am going through a bunch of single player games at the moment as I wanna take a break from COD, just finished Portal 2 and am now in the middle of Alan Wake, with Red Dead Redemption and Splinter Cell Conviction on the shelf as well. and I have Mortal Kombat there for some MP action (whenever PSN is back up) Its nice to just have a story you play along yourself, with nobody but you to affect the game, kinda missed playing single player games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Are you fuc*ing joking!!!???? Right, time to dust off the ol sniper rifle and put all those hours of MGS fighting The End to use! Will she in Cork or is the whole country shutting down?

Just the city I think.

gameplay vid in link below

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6912

to be honest, its shiite. seen more and better gameplay in the r* released. I watched with sound off so wouldnt wreck the story.

• Advertisement

horrible news!!!!

if a part is too hard, you can just skip it :eek::eek::eek:

http://clickonline.com/Games/LA_Noire_to_be_made_easier_for_casual_players/1107/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

horrible news!!!!

if a part is too hard, you can just skip it :eek::eek::eek:

http://clickonline.com/Games/LA_Noire_to_be_made_easier_for_casual_players/1107/

I hope you can turn that off. Hard games ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I hope you can turn that off. Hard games ftw.

Just don't skip it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

gameplay vid in link below

http://thekingofhate.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=6912

to be honest, its shiite. seen more and better gameplay in the r* released. I watched with sound off so wouldnt wreck the story.

What a ****ty video.

shouldnt be able to skip hard parts. i agree with the other poster, hard games FTW. people are just gonna skip parts and miss out. the graphics look good from the vid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Gamestop currently have it at 44.99 on their site to pre-order, does anyone know if I pre-order it now with them will I definitely get it at that price?

Thanks

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Gamestop currently have it at 44.99 on their site to pre-order, does anyone know if I pre-order it now with them will I definitely get it at that price?

Thanks

I was gonna do that but you need to select express delivery to get it on release day and still not guaranteed. express delivery brings it to something like €50.30 so I didn't bother. At least I can show up to a shop and get it 31 cent cheaper and not worry about the postie!

Ya, you can choose not to skip parts but they make it sound like the gameplay is a only a side part of the game and the main part is the story. Don't get me wrong, I like a good story but FFS I'm paying 50 quid to play the game, not watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I was gonna do that but you need to select express delivery to get it on release day and still not guaranteed. express delivery brings it to something like €50.30 so I didn't bother. At least I can show up to a shop and get it 31 cent cheaper and not worry about the postie!

Ya, you can choose not to skip parts but they make it sound like the gameplay is a only a side part of the game and the main part is the story. Don't get me wrong, I like a good story but FFS I'm paying 50 quid to play the game, not watch it!

Thanks, I think I'll just pre-book it online and go with normal delivery as I won't be able to play it until the 23rd cause of exams.

can you cancel your gamestop pre order? i cant see anywhere on it to cancel my order!! id rather pick it up in store now seeing as express delivery isnt guaranteed to get it release day? can someone tell me if i can cancel?

Well most likely you will get it release day, possibly even a day early but they say they cannot guarantee it in case an post go on strike that day or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Gamestop in Swords told me price was €49.99

Asked as to why its more then the website and the guy didnt really have an answer other then thats the price they were told.

Said more then likely will get dropped to €45 on release day although it might just be an online offer only.

Great write up on Kataku about the guy being invited to the theatre showing of the game in action (same the leaked vids are from)

http://kotaku.com/#!5796352/it-was-a-foggy-night-and-i-was-trying-to-get-to-the-bottom-of-la-noire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Great write up on Kataku about the guy being invited to the theatre showing of the game in action (same the leaked vids are from)

http://kotaku.com/#!5796352/it-was-a-foggy-night-and-i-was-trying-to-get-to-the-bottom-of-la-noire

A nice piece of writing.

i cant wait for this game, only 20 more days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Anyone decided on which pre-order bonus they're gonna go for??

I've my final exams on around the release so I'm not going for who I'll be able to get it off on release day as I won't be playing it then anyway. Not too impressed by getting any of the extra suits or guns, would rather an extra case and Game.co.uk's "The Naked City" and "Badge Pursuit Challenge" sounds the best but Gamestop's pre-order sounds tempting too with their case especially if the soundtrack turns out to be any good. On the other hand for pure value, Amazon have the best price. Oh the choices.

• Advertisement

Or.......... people can make a stand to not pre-order a product that will be plentiful in supply, and maybe we'll see a return to a game carrying all the content?

I'm going to HMV on the day, I'm paying E5 less, if they choose to give me a stupid code like they did for Red Dead(for a horse), then so be it, but I'm not paying extra or pre-ordering for a 2/3min mission to help further this pre-order bonus crap that's getting out of control. :pac:

The whole point of a pre-order/order is to gain a copy of something that will be in short supply or that's not in stock otherwise, with games it's gone to a new level, people are ordering stuff that's just going to be sitting on the shelf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Or.......... people can make a stand to not pre-order a product that will be plentiful in supply, and maybe we'll see a return to a game carrying all the content?

I'm going to HMV on the day, I'm paying E5 extra, if they choose to give me a stupid code like they did for Red Dead(for a horse), then so be it, but I'm not paying extra or pre-ordering for a 2/3min mission to help further this pre-order bonus crap that's getting out of control. :pac:

The whole point of a pre-order/order is to gain a copy of something that will be in short supply or that's not in stock otherwise, with games it's gone to a new level, people are ordering stuff that's just going to be sitting on the shelf

HMV seem to price it in @€;50 in my local.

So youd be insinuating paying a fiver extra to chance getting some bonus goodies, or for me to walk five minutes in the opposite direction, where my copy is reserved and then get some freebies, for a fiver cheaper...

TheDoc wrote: »
    HMV seem to price it in @€;50 in my local.

So youd be insinuating paying a fiver extra to chance getting some bonus goodies, or for me to walk five minutes in the opposite direction, where my copy is reserved and then get some freebies, for a fiver cheaper...

****!!.... Sorry that was a typo.

''E5 CHEAPER''..... HMV are usually E45 now.

I'll go to where it's cheapest, I'm not paying E5 extra for one or two silly extra's that sound better then they usually are.

Ya you have a copy reserved, but pre-ordering doesn't determine whether you get one or not, which is the whole purpose or pre-ordering/ordering a product.

We all heard when GTA IV came out, that if you didn't order it you'd be waiting weeks :rolleyes:, yet copies were in plentiful supply.... and there was never any shortages with any of the following COD's with all the midnight openings.

It's just a pointless exercise getting out of control.

HMV gave me a pre-order copy of Red Dead last time on the day for E5 cheaper... if i get the extras so be it, but I'm not paying extra or treking up town to order something thats on the shelf.

I think pre-order's should be kept to limited/collectors editions where they are only getting a few of them in but have tons of regular copies. For example the Batman AA batarange edition. It is crap prebooking something that they will never run out of. I usually head straight to HMV for the 45 euro new release and always give me a good trade in price on my old games but in this case, I'm not paying for it, so i'm gonna prebook with gamestop for the extra content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

usually I'd agree with you Gilberto, pre-order is normally pointless enough. however seeing gamestop in cork short of stock for mortal kombat and portal 2 is very alarming.

gta4 wasnt that plentiful and whoever had stock had it for 60, even 70 euro! gta:san andreas, man i was delighted to have a pre-order that time. i didnt have a pre-order for Red Dead but if i wasnt around on release day, they could have been low on stock, the ps3 version was sold out in many places on release weekend.

also pre-ordering in gamestop is good as you can get 25% more on a trade-in which is brilliant. also the dlc and the soundtrack sound like goodies I would prefer to have, sound like decent goodies compared to red dead's exclusive Horse etc lol!

Finally pre-ordered this today, went with Gamestop. Can't wait to give this a go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Just seen the TV advert for it on ITV, Not long now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I think I'm just going to rent this. I haven't rented a game in well over a year, but this just has no long-term attraction for me. I'll pick it up maybe 6 months down the line if they do DLC, but the soundtrack is just a download (loltorrent) and the pre-order DLC packs will be released for sale eventually

Brink is a much better purchase for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 barron

It's out for the Wii, but in Japan only...

5688946.jpg

I see that you are realy dissapointed that it's only in Japan. ;d

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Just pre-ordered myself on Gamesnash and there'll be some vouchers sent out for more discounts.

Advertisement