Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kharn wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered myself on Gamesnash - €46.79 including my 10% Boards.ie Discount and there'll be some vouchers sent out for more discounts.

I think I'm gonna pre order off them too,cancel my game order,her majesty would have to come cork city the day l.a. noire is out :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just pre-ordered myself on Gamesnash - €46.79 including my 10% Boards.ie Discount and there'll be some vouchers sent out for more discounts.

how did you get the 10% discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think I'm gonna pre order off them too,cancel my game order,her majesty would have to come cork city the day l.a. noire is out :mad:

Is she not doing the launch ?

:P

TheDoc wrote: »
    Is she not doing the launch ?

:P

Haha no :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

this game is out in 2 weeks, where are all the reviews???

For example when killzone 3 was coming out there was articles saying such and such were going to have the world exclusive first review etc and then the reviews were flooding in from a couple of weeks beforehand

where are the l.a. noire reviews?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

mystic86 wrote: »

For example when killzone 3 was coming out there was articles saying such and such were going to have the world exclusive first review etc and then the reviews were flooding in from a couple of weeks beforehand

Reviews* can kiss the back end of my bolox. Too much money involved to trust them these days

*= Magazines, big websites

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

how did you get the 10% discount?

All Boards.ie staff get a 10% discount on GamesNaSH - you can go talk to Pat on their Talk To forum for details.</shill>

hey, these Talk To forums pay my wages alright...
    :p

Reviews* can kiss the back end of my bolox. Too much money involved to trust them these days

*= Magazines, big websites

i don't go on individual reviews, but overall averages like those on metacritic I personally would rely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Rockstar rarely need the media to drum up buzz through advance reviews. You'll probably see them the week before release online.

KerranJast wrote: »
    Rockstar rarely need the media to drum up buzz through advance reviews. You'll probably see them the week before release online.

you know what kinda bothers me about this game, this game was looking great regardless of whether rockstar were brought on board, rockstar were brought on board for the publicity, the name, marketing, the contacts, the respect they have etc etc

there are people who will buy this simply because of the rockstar name attached, which is why they were brought on board.

but the amount of people i have read online going on about rockstar and l.a. noire and rockstar rockstar rockstar...

its team bondi that deserve all the praise.

team bondi, not rockstar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

you know what kinda bothers me about this game, this game was looking great regardless of whether rockstar were brought on board, rockstar were brought on board for the publicity, the name, marketing, the contacts, the respect they have etc etc

there are people who will buy this simply because of the rockstar name attached, which is why they were brought on board.

but the amount of people i have read online going on about rockstar and l.a. noire and rockstar rockstar rockstar...

To the best of my knowledge Team Bondi provided the facial capture stuff. From what I saw at PAX the rest of the game is very Rockstar. The models move like in Red Dead Redemption, cars handle like in GTAIV, the brawling system is like the one in Red Dead as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

That is also a good sign too,Rockstar would be reluctant to lend their name to a terrible game. They never stop tweeting about L.A. Noire, a great way to advertise it, and in those tweets they often mention Team Bondi.

But I suspect many people who buy this game will be a more mature crowd than usual for Rockstar games (excluding Red Dead and perhaps GTA IV) and will buy this game on the basis it looks amazing,the acting seems great,the Storyline engaging and captivating and the fact the whole experience seems completely different and fresh compared to anything out before in the gaming industry in recent times.

Its up to Team Bondi on later releases of games they work on to let people know they are responsible for L.A. Noire if they want the credit>money benefits that come along with it. But as of now people simply buying this game will keep them happy I am sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

the 360 version comes on 3 discs :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw that headline, thought they were exagerating tho haha. Thats massive for games now-a-days, thank fook for blu ray (not so much for PSN tho :mad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

calex71 wrote: »
    oh no I'll have to get up every 10 hours or so to change discs......how annoying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

ps3 version for me then

All Boardsies (as far as I know) get a 10% discount on GamesNaSH - you can go talk to Pat on their Talk To forum for details.</shill>

hey, these Talk To forums pay my wages alright...
    :p

excellent,did'nt realise that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Serious?! Thats class,reminds me of the old days, MGS1 etc!!

was just coming on to post up that the xbox 360 version is on 3 discs but ye beat me to it.

anyway, further to my last post, look at this:

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996

look at the headline! rockstar made it so big...not team bondi eh?

they mention team bondi once, and rockstar 6 times and look at the way it mentions rockstar such as "L.A. Noire is sounding like another massive Rockstar game"

bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

Really can not wait for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

lol who cares how many discs its on. I certainly wouldn't be choosing which console I'm buying it for based on this.

I remember being excited when I purchased Final Fantasy VII when it came out, it was in a big box, it had 3 disc, i knew it was going to be epic.

That said, I'm getting it on the ps3. Thats the console I've been using alot lately

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

was just coming on to post up that the xbox 360 version is on 3 discs but ye beat me to it.

anyway, further to my last post, look at this:

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996

look at the headline! rockstar made it so big...not team bondi eh?

they mention team bondi once, and rockstar 6 times and look at the way it mentions rockstar such as "L.A. Noire is sounding like another massive Rockstar game"

bloody annoying.
    You didn't make the game, did you? You're taking it awfully personal. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

thorbarry wrote: »
    lol who cares how many discs its on. I certainly wouldn't be choosing which console I'm buying it for based on this.

I remember being excited when I purchased Final Fantasy VII when it came out, it was in a big box, it had 3 disc, i knew it was going to be epic.

That said, I'm getting it on the ps3. Thats the console I've been using alot lately

This was why I was excited when I heard L.A Noire was 3 discs for xbox :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

thorbarry wrote: »

I remember as well with FFVII a guy I knew bought it and I was able to get disc 1 off him when he got to disc 2 and disc 2 when he got to disc 3 etc., another advantage when you're in school and can afford roughly 2 games a year:)

3 dvds means alot of cutscenes, I think there might be as much watching stuff in this game as actually playing.

Overall it looks very promising though, hopefully it'll be as fresh and innovative as Heavy Rain was but have much better gameplay, not too long to go now anyway...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

excellent,did'nt realise that :eek:

Yea, I need to clarify something for everyone...
    (apologies for the off-topic interruption)

I get a 10% discount with GamesNaSH because I am a Boards.ie Employee and so my wild (and potentially bankrupting!) claims of discounts for all Boardsies were very wrong.

So my apologies for misleading anyone here, it was, I can assure you, unintentional and to Pat in GamesNaSH for spreading horrible lies about his business :)

I remember on one of my many play throughs of FFVII, got to the 3rd disc and it wouldn't read because of small scratches. Used half a can of lynx on it and I was up and running. Was beaming when it was released on PSN!

Back to topic, Noire is gonna f*cking rock!!!

I get a 10% discount with GamesNaSH because I am a Boards.ie Employee and so my wild (and potentially bankrupting!) claims of discounts for all Boardsies were very wrong.

So my apologies for misleading anyone here, it was, I can assure you, unintentional and to Pat in GamesNaSH for spreading horrible lies about his business :)

Typical! Powers That Be dangling their lavish discounts in front of us peasants! :P

Oh right ;_; thanks for clearing that up.

Bone Idle have a class True Crime map that was used to inspire the missions of LA Noire.

http://www.bone-idle.eu/index.php/l-a-noire-la-times-1947-true-crime-map/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Don't mind the 3 disc thing.But what did annoy me was that they basically admitted to withholding content for DLC.If they did either put it on more discs that can be installed into the Hard Drive or make it free DLC.

Advertisement