Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

GTR63 wrote: »
    Don't mind the 3 disc thing.But what did annoy me was that they basically admitted to withholding content for DLC.If they did either put it on more discs that can be installed into the Hard Drive or make it free DLC.

Yeah that's annoying me big time more and more about games when DLC is miraculously ready a month after release, and even more so when they try and pass it off as "oh we made so much we just couldn't fit it all in". The Assassin's Creed 2 team said the exact same thing and it's blatently obvious for countless other titles where their "DLC" actually would've fitted in well to the main storyline but was cut out, throwin in with a few extra acheivements, and saved for later just to squeeze more money out of the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'd say the 3 disks are for the facial technology, only thing that makes sense to me. As for the DLC, whole other issue. It's complete crap when devs have content ready to go but hold out for a few months instead of adding it to the game just cuz they are greedy bastards! This one was particularly sneaky having different DLC's for different shops. Gonna cost a bomb to buy the 'complete' game. Anyway, i'm the sure the basic game (& and my slip of the tongue) will tide me over for a while. Looking like a dry Summer tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'd say the 3 disks are for the facial technology, only thing that makes sense to me.

couldnt possibly be... textures, sound, or video, or the combination of the three

Wossack wrote: »
    couldnt possibly be... textures, sound, or video, or the combination of the three

well GTA 4 had those things as well and seems to have more so but they managed to squeeze that onto 1 disk. Would be interesting to find out why it needs 3 disks tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

well GTA 4 had those things as well and seems to have more so but they managed to squeeze that onto 1 disk. Would be interesting to find out why it needs 3 disks tho.

Strange alrite.I expect its a lot to do with the amount of memory put into the Facial tech,the HD Dvds the 360 use are small in terms of size in comparison to Blu Rays.Lost oddysey shipped on 4 discs a lot of that was down to the lengthy cut scenes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Went against my better judgement with regards Play.com and pre-ordered with them. Hoping it goes the way of their track record with me and it arrives 6 days late, so that it comes after my exams. If not, and it arrives on time, I won't mind too much :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Just pre-ordered this on gamestop website for €46.97, with the extra case and soundtrack. I've no need to have it on release day because of exams that week but I can't wait to play it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd say the 3 disks are for the facial technology, only thing that makes sense to me.

I can't find it now when I want it , but there was a comment where one of the dev's alluded to as much saying something regards there being over 400 faces of actors in the game making it so big.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Just pre-ordered this on gamestop website for €46.97, with the extra case and soundtrack. I've no need to have it on release day because of exams that week but I can't wait to play it.

Thats cheap :O did you get a discount or something?

Its 44.99 on Gamestop online but you have to pay for delivery. Comes to 50.13 (or close) if you want it on release day*

* = not guaranteed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its 44.99 on Gamestop online but you have to pay for delivery. Comes to 50.13 (or close) if you want it on release day*

* = not guaranteed

Did you order it online or in store?

Did you order it online or in store?

I ordered it in instore. 14 cent cheaper (although will prob be spent on petrol :)) and guaranteed to get it on release day.

Sickened i'm working nights that weekend so i'm gonna pick it up friday morning and just lash into it all day. God help anyone who posts spoilers on these boards when its released! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Nope, it's listed as €44.97 online and I just payed the €2 delivery, no need for express delivery since I can't play it until the 23rd anyway.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1146681p1.html

Say in this article that its not a sandbox/freeroam game,I thought it was :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/114/1146681p1.html

Say in this article that its not a sandbox/freeroam game,I thought it was :confused:

I'd be delighted if that was true! Free roam gets boring when you end having drive or ride long distances in GTA or RDR. I'd much prefer a really good story than having pointless choices or having to do annoying things like go on dates or answer your phone in GTA 4.

I'd say it will be just like mafia where you have an open world but you only get to explore it when not busy on a mission. You have main missions but you can answer the police radio and look for monuments for that location trophy. So you will be able to go exploring but you can't go bowling!

I'm with Sparrow on this. GTA 4 and RDR were a bore to me. Every mission was 'ride here, kill them, ride back'. Can't wait to get stuck into this gritty story!

I'd say it will be just like mafia !

Thats what I was thinking too.oh well still gonna get it.

oh well still gonna get it.

Not a bad thing for me man, I thoroughly enjoyed Mafia 2, much much more than GTA 4 and RDR anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Not a bad thing for me man, I thoroughly enjoyed Mafia 2, much much more than GTA 4 and RDR anyway.

Me too... if it turns out more like Mafia 2 than GTA 4 or RDR, I'll be delighted. And the original Mafia was one of the best games I've ever played.

Any word on music? Will there be the same car radio as most other games like this? That was one of the main strengths of Mafia 2. The Sinatra and Bing Crosby tunes were great as you were driving along.

Me too... if it turns out more like Mafia 2 than GTA 4 or RDR, I'll be delighted. And the original Mafia was one of the best games I've ever played.

Any word on music? Will there be the same car radio as most other games like this? That was one of the main strengths of Mafia 2. The Sinatra and Bing Crosby tunes were great as you were driving along.

Sound track info here

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/15781/announcing-la-noire-soundtra ck-releases-official-ost-la-noire-re.html?share

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Hope they make sure to let the PS3 version have custom music from the HDD.

Hope they make sure to let the PS3 version have custom music from the HDD.

Haha can't see that happening at all. Imagine on your way to a crime scene pumping out 2pac, would destroy the atmosphere of the game :)

Have to agree with Sparrow. I remember one of the early missions in Mafia 2 driving through the snow at night and a christmas song comes on, can't remember the name of it but it just fit it so well. I imagine, they will have the same(ish) music in this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ordered this for 46.97 delivered from gamestop... but I did not know about the express delivery option. Anyone have experience with getting a preordered game delivered on time from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

L.A. Noire, cumming May 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

blaa85 wrote: »
    Ordered this for 46.97 delivered from gamestop... but I did not know about the express delivery option. Anyone have experience with getting a preordered game delivered on time from them?
    Bulletstorm arrived a day early for me :)

Portal 2 with Express Delivery arrived 2 days early.

You should have it by launch day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

please rockstar release a PC version :(:mad: If they do port it over hopefully it wont be as bad as GTA IV port :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Think it has the potential to be better than Mafia 2.Hopefully a mix of that and RDR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Haha can't see that happening at all. Imagine on your way to a crime scene pumping out 2pac, would destroy the atmosphere of the game :)

Have to agree with Sparrow. I remember one of the early missions in Mafia 2 driving through the snow at night and a christmas song comes on, can't remember the name of it but it just fit it so well. I imagine, they will have the same(ish) music in this as well.

You assume I have no music that would fit with its soundtrack(and ew, 2pac) I have a lot of ambient type tracks on my HDD and I have a playlist for every ps3 game I have that supports custom music. Red Dead Redemtion, Tekken 6, Dead Space 2, Cuboid and will make a Mortak Kombat one when I get it. And even if it destroyes the atmosphere (that I'm pretty good at keeping with custom music), that's my loss but it's also my choice. The 360 can play music no matter what game it is so I really hate it when the developers don't fit it in to the game.

You assume I have no music that would fit with its soundtrack(and ew, 2pac) I have a lot of ambient type tracks on my HDD and I have a playlist for every ps3 game I have that supports custom music. Red Dead Redemtion, Tekken 6, Dead Space 2, Cuboid and will make a Mortak Kombat one when I get it. And even if it destroyes the atmosphere (that I'm pretty good at keeping with custom music), that's my loss but it's also my choice. The 360 can play music no matter what game it is so I really hate it when the developers don't fit it in to the game.

fair enough ya, I'd say assassins creed music would go good with it :p There have been way more games that deserve to have the feature of using music on your HDD (well any game that you can do it in Xbox) Baffled why we can't do it on PS3 if it is the devs choice or if Sony put a block on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

fair enough ya, I'd say assassins creed music would go good with it :p There have been way more games that deserve to have the feature of using music on your HDD (well any game that you can do it in Xbox) Baffled why we can't do it on PS3 if it is the devs choice or if Sony put a block on it.

It's another thing Microsoft have some sort of patent on. Same as cross game chat. Sony either have to pay a licencing fee to Microsoft or find another way around it. Having it being done through the games rather than system software is their away around it, but it means that it's up to the developer to support it and most don't as it's extra work with no advantage on their end. Mainly first and second party games have it I think.

Advertisement