Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

NotorietyH wrote: »
    It's another thing Microsoft have some sort of patent on. Same as cross game chat. Sony either have to pay a licencing fee to Microsoft or find another way around it. Having it being done through the games rather than system software is their away around it, but it means that it's up to the developer to support it and most don't as it's extra work with no advantage on their end. Mainly first and second party games have it I think.

Ah thanks for clearing that up man. Thats a pity, was hoping they might include it in future as they said they are trying to give fans what they've wanted because of the psn going down.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

cannot wait for this game, roll on the 20th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah thanks for clearing that up man. Thats a pity, was hoping they might include it in future as they said they are trying to give fans what they've wanted because of the psn going down.
    How about the honsest truth to customers. That'd be a nice change for sony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How long do ye think before we see the dlc up on the psn store/xbox live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

With Sony now saying that psn is down until end of May, that will rule out using any bonus dlc from pre-orders for a bit.

• Advertisement

blaa85 wrote: »
    With Sony now saying that psn is down until end of May, that will rule out using any bonus dlc from pre-orders for a bit.

Aw man didn't even think of that! Serves us all right for jumping on the DLC train!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

calex71 wrote: »
    I can't find it now when I want it , but there was a comment where one of the dev's alluded to as much saying something regards there being over 400 faces of actors in the game making it so big.

Could be the fact that there is over 5 hours of cutscenes.

padair wrote: »
    Could be the fact that there is over 5 hours of cutscenes.

yes.....and all stuffed with the face tech as the main focus in each one

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally decided to preorder off gamesnash,express delivery which cost 8.50 and after words I checked gamestop and they were charging 5.50 for express :confused:

Also came across this on wiki
    There are said to be about 22 cases. This does not include the pre-order content "A Slip of the Tongue" and "The Naked City"[1]. So far, twelve cases, including pre-order bonuses, have been revealed. There will also be Unassigned Cases

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Finally decided to preorder off gamesnash,express delivery which cost 8.50 and after words I checked gamestop and they were charging 5.50 for express :confused:

Also came across this on wiki
    Why did you order express from GamesNash? I've never been left waiting for a game from them, sometimes you'll get stuff the day before release day.

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    Why did you order express from GamesNash? I've never been left waiting for a game from them, sometimes you'll get stuff the day before release day.

I do it just to be safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I'd say the 3 disks are for the facial technology, only thing that makes sense to me.....

You're right. The motion capture stuff is the main thing taking up space on the discs. It's a new thing and I'm sure they've a long way to go before they get somewhere new and great when it comes to optimising that technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Edit: Everything that was here was wrong/misleading. Keep Calm and Carry On.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Reserved. Getting it for 3 euro if i hand in three games from a list, so the guy behind the counter told me anyway. We shall see if that happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

dsmythy wrote: »
    Reserved. Getting it for 3 euro if i hand in three games from a list, so the guy behind the counter told me anyway. We shall see if that happens.

First time poster, but hivemind.

Im trading in three games as well to get LA Noire. Prebooked too.

Trading in The Saboteur, Mortal Kombat (good game but bored of it already), and Uncharted 2.

Not a bad deal but gamestop do seriously undervalue games :(

First time poster, but hivemind.

Im trading in three games as well to get LA Noire. Prebooked too.

Trading in The Saboteur, Mortal Kombat (good game but bored of it already), and Uncharted 2.

Not a bad deal but gamestop do seriously undervalue games :(

Welcome to Boards man, cheers!

210.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Man, look at the detail in that pic. The dust and dirt on the windows. The pintstriped on their suites. The threadlines/textures on the band on their fedoras.

Brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Anyone know what deal HMV are doing for this if you preorder, if you get anything extra like DLC with the game or anything? Also how much are they charging for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

AFAIK Gamestop are the only Irish retailer doing pre-order DLC.

• Advertisement

HMV don't have an DLC. Game are giving the Naked City DLC.

Launch trailer will be out tomorrow at 5pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

So excited. I remember this time last year, it was Red Dead hype.

I hope this game delivers as much as that did :D

So excited. I remember this time last year, it was Red Dead hype.

I hope this game delivers as much as that did :D

don't say that man, I was on that hype train as well and didn't like red dead at all. Boring mission structure had me going man. Can't wait to try the CSI like crime scenes!

don't say that man, I was on that hype train as well and didn't like red dead at all. Boring mission structure had me going man. Can't wait to try the CSI like crime scenes!
    I just can't wait to strong arm a perp!

i'm actually looking forward to going on the platinum trophy hunt! Really want to platinum this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm planning on going all 'loose cannon', I won't do things by the book but I'll get results damn it!!!!

calex71 wrote: »
    I'm planning on going all 'loose cannon', I won't do things by the book but I'll get results damn it!!!!
    If I'm not asked to hand over my shield and piece at some stage I am disappoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Thats fair enough dood, I personally lurved it, though mainly because of the huge world and exploration involved.

The story wasn't amazing imo, the missions may not have been groundbreakingly original, but the game world is near-perfect in terms of atmosphere, for me anyway. Was playing for a bit there earlier :D

But yessir the crime scenes in Noire look slick. Gonna be watching LA Confidential the night before :)

Aw ya, the world and atmosphere was spot on, just after GTA4 with boring missions as well, looked like R* lost their creativity with missions but looks like this has some great cases altogether!

I never saw that and I like Noire (especially modern noire) gonna give this a watch. Official site has a list of films to get you in the mood and a set of official la noire short stories are being released (1st one can be downloaded for free

films:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/news/15851/rockstar-recommends-a-film-noir-round-up-part-one.html

stories:
    http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/news/15761/todays-la-noire-original-short-story-release-whats-in-a-name-by-.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Advertisement