Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Already a title on gamefaqs fourms called 'the name of the killer is...' Not touching that or vids. really want this to be NEW when i'm playing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Looking forward to this. planning on trading in LBP2 off it, any ideas what i'd get from it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I am still in two minds as to what console to buy it for.

I am leaning towards PS3 as that was the lead console i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

I'll be getting it for Xbox, I don't think there will be too much difference between the two, regardless of one being the lead console.

Either way, cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

grizzly wrote: »
    It's down now, must have gone up too early.
    5/5
    God bless Google Cache! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I dunno which to get it for either,I prefer to play it on the xbox but that will have 3 disc's

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

First game I've pre-ordered. Gonna be a peach.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I dunno which to get it for either,I prefer to play it on the xbox but that will have 3 disc's

Ive gone for PS3. From what Ive been reading each disc lasts about 10 hours of the story.

Definitely gonna pick this up.. am away on holiday when it comes out.

So might pre-order it online so I have it when I get back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Won't be bias so here is the Achievement & Trophy lists.
    Xbox 360 Achievement list
    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/la-noire/achievements/

PS3 Trophy List

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/la-noire/trophies/

Read today that you can't just pull out your gun at any time, only when the game sees fit. Personally this is fine by me as it will keep the story and characters stronger but I have a feeling that people will get pissed off not being able to go round shooting.

Another thing is if you have a piece of evidence that possibly ties to 2 people (of only 1 is guilty) You can bluff and throw the evidence at who you think. Either way the captain won't be happy about it. Excellent feature imo, remember playing the csi games and you had to have the exact evidence and person before accusing.

Vids up all over the place but avoiding em. I could easily sit down and watch a streamin link for the rest of the night tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just seen it on one of the torrent sites I use for films. Rather have original games so never bothered hacking my Xbox. Not to long now to way anyways. Really looking forward to this. Better live up to the hype

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Going to use the gamestop deal to get this, do I need to go into the shop beforehand and preorder to get the free dlc? Do I pay a €5 deposit or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ShaneU wrote: »
    Going to use the gamestop deal to get this, do I need to go into the shop beforehand and preorder to get the free dlc? Do I pay a €5 deposit or something?

€3 and best pre-order, though they usually have tonnes of codes. In my experience they only give them out if you aint pre-ordered if they like the look of oyu / you know them / in the mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I am still in two minds as to what console to buy it for.

I am leaning towards PS3 as that was the lead console i believe.

I'm not sure myself. Red dead on the 360 had a slight graphic advantage over the PS3 and I prefer the 360 controller. But 3 discs means I'm 3 times more likely to scratch or damage one.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

From what i have read, most of the people on this forum are planning to preorder this game from gamestop, why is that? Isnt the "naked Case " DLC (offered in Game according to their UK website) better than the " Slip of the tongue " DLC? I mean, a murder case is always interesting than an insurance scam?

Is there a price difference between preordering them from game and Gamestop or is there any other advantage in pre ordering from gamestop that i am missing out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

jmx009 wrote: »
    From what i have read, most of the people on this forum are planning to preorder this game from gamestop, why is that? Isnt the "naked Case " DLC (offered in Game according to their UK website) better than the " Slip of the tongue " DLC? I mean, a murder case is always interesting than an insurance scam?

Is there a price difference between preordering them from game and Gamestop or is there any other advantage in pre ordering from gamestop that i am missing out?

well the trade-in 3 games and €3 deal is the main reason i pre-ordered with Gamestop, the dlc and soundtrack are just a bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I don't think anyone has posted this on here, but HMV are offering LA Confidential Bluray with the game if you pre-order, which I think is a great offer, if you don't have it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

jmx009 wrote: »

there are nearly 4 times as many gamestop stores than game stores in ireland, that might be a factor too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

mystic86 wrote: »
    there are nearly 4 times as many gamestop stores than game stores in ireland, that might be a factor too.
    No other games stores in kk apart from Gamestop. There's an extra vision and a hmv but I don't have a blueray player and xtravision never have good deals

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Does anyone know if gamestop are still doing the extra trade in bonus when you put it against a new game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

maximoose wrote: »
    Does anyone know if gamestop are still doing the extra trade in bonus when you put it against a new game?

25% extra on trade-ins when you pre-order

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

ShaneU wrote: »
    I was told that you HAVE to pre-order to get the DLC + soundtrack download. As mentioned, €3 deposit

Any news on this Rockstar Pass yet? Have €13 left on a pre-paid credit card. Don't know whether to get Alan Wake, points for this Rockstar Pass, or try and get more Xbox LIVE Gold for €1

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Chrizfitz

and what about if it is something like 35 in tesco? Thats what im waiting for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ufcdaily

anyone find it strange that its out tommorrow in the us but ign hasnt posted a review yet ?? i mean rdr and gta4 were up a week in advance !! i dont think it will score anywhere near what they did , but still looking forward to it :)

ufcdaily wrote: »
    anyone find it strange that its out tommorrow in the us but ign hasnt posted a review yet ??
    There's an embargo on publishing reviews of 'LA Noire'..

.. think it's up at today at 9am PST (US), or 5pm here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

yea as i said before, the fact there are no reviews out until release is weird.

L.A. Noire: 5 Essential Tips from Team Bondi

http://ie.ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167736p1.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

ufcdaily wrote: »
    anyone find it strange that its out tommorrow in the us but ign hasnt posted a review yet ?? i mean rdr and gta4 were up a week in advance !! i dont think it will score anywhere near what they did , but still looking forward to it :)

Rockstar seem to have an embargo on reviews until release. The guardian had one up during the week but it was taken down. Look back a few pages and you should find the review.
    I'm gone into a media blackout for this game, I expect far more from it than I did in gta IV.(I was actually rather disappointed with it.) From the sounds of things it may truly be innovative, the last really innovative game I played in the last few years was Heavy Rain. Although I most admit that Red Dead Redemption was great craic. My big gripe with the majority of games in general is that plot takes a back seat for it. Hopefully, we might see a bit of a shift with this and gameplay seems to be combined rather nicely with it. :D Didn't mean to go off on a tangent about the gaming industry.......

• Advertisement

AH FFS!!! If I knew HMV had that blu ray offer, I would have booked with them! I saw a ps3/360 screen shot comparison and there was a big difference with 360 looking better. Dunno how legit it was. Doesn't matter to me anyway im not a richy rich who has both consoles :D but seeing as PS3 was the lead console, it looked a bit suspect.

Advertisement