Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Giant Bomb's review has a paragraph at the end highlighting the PS3 version as superior:
    Having spent a lot of time with both versions of L.A. Noire, the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged. This is splitting hairs since, both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case (which I didn't get to try, and you probably won't be able to play either until the PlayStation Store is back online).

Like RDR, this had been off my radar for a while, but actually excited to give this a go now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I decided to give into the hype and preorder this off of Gamestop. I could have gotten it a bit cheaper from Amazon or others but the soundtrack download and an added case is what swayed me.
    I've even been trying to stay away from all promotional material too. the only thing that I've actively been viewing is the adds on TV. I'm finding I'm doing this more and more these days. I've usually made my mind up as to whether or not I'll be picking a game up well before the PR hype train comes-a-rollin' in. This, somehow has swayed me, only recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

This is going to be awesome up to around 40% then it will prob sit on the shelf on top of my red dead at 40% and GTA4 on 40% bit of a pattern emerging ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Igns video review was really bad. Jesus. Gametrailers was great, looking forward to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Was thinking about getting rid of my Xbox to get one with a bigger hard drive. Guess I have a good reason now. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hope there fairly quick putting the dlc up on the psn store and its fairly cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Healium wrote: »
    From my experience...

If you only used regular post, it should arrive Thursday.

If you paid extra for express postage, it should arrive Wednesday.

i used express, wednesday sounds good XD

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

watching the gametrailers vid, i was in such awe watching one of the character talking, i didn't even know what he had said when he finished. that face tech should win a LOT of rewards!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i used express, wednesday sounds good XD
    Well, don't make my mistake, and ignore the phone call from a strange number. Missed out on an extra day of Portal 2 because I didn't realize it was the delivery guy ringing me to see if I was home :D

Gamestop seem to get their Friday games in on Tuesday, so you really should have it on Wednesday with express delivery. Make sure someone's home! Hell, take the day off work/school!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

Dammit, I was going to pre-order this online but I didn't have the money on my debit card at the time and didn't know if Gamestop take the money straight away or when it ships (like Amazon) so I decided to pre-order in store instead, get the bus into town Friday morning and pick it up.

I say town...I mean Cork. I say Friday...I mean the day the freaking queen is coming here. Has it been confirmed that Gamestop will be closed? I'll be in town Wednesday to see Pirates 4 so I might pop in and ask them...see if they might sneak it over the counter to me a couple of days early :P Won't happen of course.

Stupid Queen. If Freddy was alive he'd have never let this happen...what?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Vadakin wrote: »
    Dammit, I was going to pre-order this online but I didn't have the money on my debit card at the time and didn't know if Gamestop take the money straight away or when it ships (like Amazon) so I decided to pre-order in store instead, get the bus into town Friday morning and pick it up.

I say town...I mean Cork. I say Friday...I mean the day the freaking queen is coming here. Has it been confirmed that Gamestop will be closed? I'll be in town Wednesday to see Pirates 4 so I might pop in and ask them...see if they might sneak it over the counter to me a couple of days early :P Won't happen of course.

Stupid Queen. If Freddy was alive he'd have never let this happen...what?
    I'd honestly try thursday, or if you haven't alot paid off try extra vision they break street date alot by a day

I'd honestly try thursday, or if you haven't alot paid off try extra vision they break street date alot by a day

I'd have to recheck my pre-order receipt but I'm pretty sure I put a tenner on it and don't fancy losing it. I do have a friend who works in Xtravision in Blarney though I'd have the game a week getting it in Gamestop before he managed to get it to me :p

Vadakin wrote: »
    I'd have to recheck my pre-order receipt but I'm pretty sure I put a tenner on it and don't fancy losing it. I do have a friend who works in Xtravision in Blarney though I'd have the game a week getting it in Gamestop before he managed to get it to me :p
    Pretty sure they'd let you shift the 10e onto a different game if somethings coming up. I.e. Battlefield 3

Pretty sure they'd let you shift the 10e onto a different game if somethings coming up. I.e. Battlefield 3

Maybe though it wouldn't make much of a difference since other shops like Game and HMV will probably be closed as well. They may open at midnight and while I usually don't go to midnight openings I may make an exception and get a couple of cheeky pints in me while I'm in town :D

I sent an email to Gamestop so I'll wait and see what they say, assuming they get back to me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Eurogamer review is out.
    8/10

jarain wrote: »
    Eurogamer review is out.
    8/10
    Most of the reviews are out. ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

If you preorder in gamestop store, do you get the DLC and is the soundtrack a physical CD or a download?

Also if you preorder off the gamestop website, is it a physical CD or a soundtrack and are you guaranteed to get the DLC?

So lads! Are ye turning clues on or off??

2 clue hint types - Joypad will rumble when near a clue and music in the background means clues still to be found in that area.

I've read that having these on makes it very easy but having them off can be very hard. Think i'm gonna turn off the rumble and leave on the music.

sheehy83 wrote: »

2 clue hint types - Joypad will rumble when near a clue and music in the background means clues still to be found in that area.

I've read that having these on makes it very easy but having them off can be very hard. Think i'm gonna turn off the rumble and leave on the music.
    That sounds reasonable to me. Not too easy, not too hard. I suppose you wont really know until you get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Leaving on the music sounds like a good idea alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

If you preorder in gamestop store, do you get the DLC and is the soundtrack a physical CD or a download?

Also if you preorder off the gamestop website, is it a physical CD or a soundtrack and are you guaranteed to get the DLC?

I hope its a CD :D

Gamestop confirms the Soundtrack will be download only. On the plus side, the soundtrack is getting rave reviews online, glad I preordered with Gamestop now.

Read some dope on the web saying he got the game and naked city dlc. he skipped the tutorial and main game missions and went straight into dlc and then complained he couldn't pass the 'follow the suspect' bit and just blamed the game saying that the following part is broken. some dopes out there!

I hope its a CD :D
    Nope it's a download.
    540x240-banner1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Not in my opinion. Mafia 2 was one of my favourite games of last year and whilst I understand that it wasn't for everyone, there is no way it was a 4/10 game. It was a joke of a review.

I think 4/10 is generous for Mafia 2. Its one of the worst games I have played in years!

Gamestop confirms the Soundtrack will be download only. On the plus side, the soundtrack is getting rave reviews online, glad I preordered with Gamestop now.

Read some dope on the web saying he got the game and naked city dlc. he skipped the tutorial and main game missions and went straight into dlc and then complained he couldn't pass the 'follow the suspect' bit and just blamed the game saying that the following part is broken. some dopes out there!
    Going out on a limb, willing to bet your left nut he's american.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Joonaspp

And probably just too American to play the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'll definitely turn off the rumble, but the thing about the music is that I want this to be hard so that it's a tougher (and therefore hopefully better) experience, but the music may add to the game, making it more cinematic. Might have it off on the first playthrough.

Loco wrote: »
    I think 4/10 is generous for Mafia 2. Its one of the worst games I have played in years!
    Sorry to take this off-topic, but really? Granted, you may not like it, but surely you see there's some merit in it? Voice acting, characters, animation,story, gameplay, music they're all done reasonably well. I don't think it's a particularly great game, but I couldn't say it was as bad as 4 out of 10. It would have to be some mess of a game to get that low.

I have a friend like that. He skips tutorials in games and then complains about how he cant play the game. :mad:

Some dopes out there is right

Loco wrote: »

Deserves at least a 7/10, but thats your opinion. Just saying that if you really want a bad mafia game, play Godfather II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

humanji wrote: »
    Sorry to take this off-topic, but really? Granted, you may not like it, but surely you see there's some merit in it? Voice acting, characters, animation,story, gameplay, music they're all done reasonably well. I don't think it's a particularly great game, but I couldn't say it was as bad as 4 out of 10. It would have to be some mess of a game to get that low.

I didnt think it looked very good myself, it had a tiny, dull world and the rubbish gameplay just frustrated me into skipping through the cut scenes, which shouldn't have too much weight on a game's rating anyway.

I did buy it for PC though, where as I usually play games of this type on PS3. Won't be making the same mistake for LANoire.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be another fast-food console game like Mafia 2 was!

Advertisement