Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Vadakin wrote: »
    Dammit, I was going to pre-order this online but I didn't have the money on my debit card at the time and didn't know if Gamestop take the money straight away or when it ships (like Amazon) so I decided to pre-order in store instead, get the bus into town Friday morning and pick it up.

I say town...I mean Cork. I say Friday...I mean the day the freaking queen is coming here. Has it been confirmed that Gamestop will be closed? I'll be in town Wednesday to see Pirates 4 so I might pop in and ask them...see if they might sneak it over the counter to me a couple of days early :P Won't happen of course.

Stupid Queen. If Freddy was alive he'd have never let this happen...what?

I preordered in game but then I decided it was too much hassle going in,so I preordered on gamesnash instead.I wont have any of the dlc though :'(.They wont be closed at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ive heard lots of reasons against the queen coming but not getting LA Noire is prob the best one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Trying to decide whether to buy this on Friday and play on my 32" HD ready TFT LCD TV or wait for my new 47" Full HD full LED backlit TV next month, and whether to buy it in gamestop to get the free dlc or to use a voucher I have for HMV, and whether to buy it for Xbox 360 or PS3. Decisions, decisions, anybody want to help e make them?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

I got a reply from Gamestop and they told me the shop will be open on Friday. Now the reply probably came from a customer service desk in Dublin so they may just be assuming it's open since every other shop in the country is open so I'll probably go into the store tomorrow and double check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Ive heard lots of reasons against the queen coming but not getting LA Noire is prob the best one :D

Im sure the Queen wants to get home and play it too :pac:

• Advertisement

sink wrote: »
    Trying to decide whether to buy this on Friday and play on my 32" HD ready TFT LCD TV or wait for my new 47" Full HD full LED backlit TV next month, and whether to buy it in gamestop to get the free dlc or to use a voucher I have for HMV, and whether to buy it for Xbox 360 or PS3. Decisions, decisions, anybody want to help e make them?

You have to preorder it to get the free dlc. Im not sure if you have left it too late though

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vadakin

Well the game apparently has a lot of replay value so there's no reason you couldn't play it on your current TV and then play it again on your new TV.

If you're looking to have DLC available to you straight away then you'll need to get the Xbox 360 version due to PSN being kind of...what's the word I'm looking for...banjaxed...ah shut up spellchecker it is a word dammit! :p

If you're willing to wait to play it on a new TV though you may as well get the PS3 version as by the time you get your TV PSN should be back up and it seems the PS3 version is superior though the difference is negligible.

For the record I'm not a PS3 fanboy. I have both consoles and I actually buy my multi-platform games for 360 due to better online service (which really just means that most of my friends are on XBL). In fact I'm getting LA Noire on 360.

So really it all comes down to whether you want to play the game now or wait. If it's the former, get the 360 version if you want access to DLC straight away. If it's the latter you may as well go for the PS3 version. Personally I feel cheated it's not on the Wii. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Deserves at least a 7/10, but thats your opinion. Just saying that if you really want a bad mafia game, play Godfather II

Hey!?!?! I like that game :mad: :pac:

Got an email from play.com this morning saying my order has been shipped \0/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Is the game 3 or 4 discs for xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

whether to buy it for Xbox 360 or PS3. Decisions, decisions, anybody want to help e make them?
    According to a couple of reviews too, the PS3 version seems to run a bit smoother. Less pop in, etc. I'll see if I can find the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

aaronh007 wrote: »

Enjoy playing that next Friday, lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Unfortunately man its very unlikely you will have it by Friday, prob be next Tuesday or Wednesday when you get it... I used play for GTA 4 years ago, never again... over a week from release day when I got it...

Anyways,

Will be pre ordering it today finally, so are these the right offers that are going around?:

Gamestop €50 with soundtrack and extra mission DLC
    HMV €45 with LA Confidential Blu Ray
    Xtra Vision... anyone know?
    Argos €45
    Tesco... anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ShaneU wrote: »
    Enjoy playing that next Friday, lol

I've exams next week... ordering off them so that it'll be delivered late was my plan all along

Posted 11 days ago
    Went against my better judgement with regards Play.com and pre-ordered with them. Hoping it goes the way of their track record with me and it arrives 6 days late, so that it comes after my exams. If not, and it arrives on time, I won't mind too much :p

;)

Unfortunately man its very unlikely you will have it by Friday, prob be next Tuesday or Wednesday when you get it... I used play for GTA 4 years ago, never again... over a week from release day when I got it...

Anyways,

Will be pre ordering it today finally, so are these the right offers that are going around?:

Argos €45
    Tesco... anyone know?
    Got mine off of Gamestop.ie for €47. Should be here by Thursday I'd imagine. They're usually good at getting it out to youon, even before the launch date. Got the digital soundtrack and extra case with the preoeder too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Got mine off of Gamestop.ie for €47. Should be here by Thursday I'd imagine. They're usually good at getting it out to youon, even before the launch date. Got the digital soundtrack and extra case with the preoeder too.
    If I order it tonight, you think I will have it thursday or friday?

Have you got a dispatch email yet?

Anyways,

Argos €45
    Tesco... anyone know?

I'll find out the tesco price tonight, but sometimes they drop it on release day if there's a promotion on it.

They're supposed to send a dispatch email but they never do. My account says that they are processing my order still, so I assume they haven't shipped it.
    I remember seeing them say to me in an email that all orders placed before 4p.m. were shipped out that same evening if possible. As in, any orders after that time will be shipped the following day.
    Drop them an email at hello@gamestop.ie (i think) to see when is the latest time/date to order so as to get it on or before launch date. They might enlighten you. You never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just ordered it from Gamestop there, chose express, fingers crossed for thursday but wont mind if its friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I never pre-order games.

Two in one week is a record, The Witcher 2 & L.A Noire.

I am hoping the free DLC is worth the extra cash, than if i ordered it online.

I went in the end for the PS3 version (Gamestop) with the talk of less pop-in and the free PS3 DLC.

I hope i made the right choice as RDR was noticeably better on the Xbox.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just ordered it from Gamestop there, chose express, fingers crossed for thursday but wont mind if its friday
    Express delivery should deffo get it to you before the launch date. I'd be VERY surprised if it didn't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Server Error in '/' Application on the gamestop website when trying to go to my basket to order. :rolleyes:

Teco price isn't on the system yet. Wouldn't expect it any cheaper than 49.99

Johner wrote: »
    Server Error in '/' Application on the gamestop website when trying to go to my basket to order. :rolleyes:

Why not go in and order it from the actual store? :cool:

because if you order it online theres a chance of getting it on thursday :P

Anyone else checked out the rockstar social club?
    According to that im already playing the game and have unlocked several achievements :P me thinks its slightly borked

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

VinLieger wrote: »
    because if you order it online theres a chance of getting it on thursday :P

This.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭Leopardi

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I never pre-order games.

I went in the end for the PS3 version (Gamestop) with the talk of less pop-in and the free PS3 DLC.

Could you tell me your source for this talk? I'm still trying to decide which version to buy.

Its appearing in most of the reviews, if you have the option go PS3, although i hate to admit it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

moonboy52 wrote: »

Could you tell me your source for this talk?.

This thread to be honest man.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭bertie4evr

Is it too late to preorder from HMV?

• Advertisement

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Is it too late to preorder from HMV?

Its probably too late to pre-order

Advertisement