Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Pre-ordered this with Gamestop at weekend. I usually opt for the Xbox when it comes to multi-platform titles but decided to give this one a go on PS3, glad I did now from what I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Leopardi wrote: »
    Could you tell me your source for this talk? I'm still trying to decide which version to buy.

Someone posted it earlier in the thread but from the Giant Bomb review there's this...
    Having spent a lot of time with both versions of L.A. Noire, the PlayStation 3 game is the clear-cut winner. Both versions of the game look fantastic, but there were a few instances of painful frame rate drops and objects drawing in too slowly on the Xbox that didn't exist on the PS3. Also, the shadows look a bit more jagged. This is splitting hairs, since both games look good enough that you should just get the one on the platform you prefer, though the PS3 also has the added benefit of being on a single disc to the Xbox's three, and includes an exclusive downloadable case (which I didn't get to try, and you probably won't be able to play either until the PlayStation Store is back online).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

In terms of too late to pre-order I seen a post on the Gamestop page asking people to go in a pre-order LA Noire to get the extras. Somebody commented asking if they could do it tomorrow or would it be too late and Gamestop replied saying there would be no problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

As far as I know you can go into a store and pre-order a game anytime up until the day it is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Had to laugh at people choosing the ps3 version over the xbox just because ps3 is one disk.Lazy much ? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Soby wrote: »
    Had to laugh at people choosing the ps3 version over the xbox just because ps3 is one disk.Lazy much ? :P
    Quite the opposite, in fact. A little research will tell you that there is free DLC with the PS3 version too that is exclusive. Also, according to the reviews, the PS3 version performs better (i.e. pop in/frame rate/shadows) compared to the Xbox360 version.
    If you could choose between the two, why would you go for the 360 version, knowing what you know now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

free dlc too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

The 360 version performance rate goes up when installed into the Hard drive there is a catch though it takes up a Huge 20GB memory,all 3 discs are 6.6GB.I'd imagine the PS3 is a bit better as it was the lead platform & PS3 Exclusive at one time after all.I'll be picking it up on the 360 i'm lucky enough to have the choice & the 3 discs doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

GTR63 wrote: »
    The 360 version performance rate goes up when installed into the Hard drive there is a catch though it takes up a Huge 20GB memory,all 3 discs are 6.6GB.I'd imagine the PS3 is a bit better as it was the lead platform & PS3 Exclusive at one time after all.I'll be picking it up on the 360 i'm lucky enough to have the choice & the 3 discs doesn't bother me.
    So, maybe I missed something but why are you not getting it on the PS3? You just seem to fob off all that is better about the PS3 version and say, I'm gonna get it on the Xbox360 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

So, maybe I missed something but why are you not getting it on the PS3? You just seem to fob off all that is better about the PS3 version and say, I'm gonna get it on the Xbox360 anyway.

For me, when that's all that's between them the 360 controller wins out over the torture PS3 pad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I just like the 360 Controller so much more i'd suffer the slightly inferior version.I had a PS1,PS2 but I just hate the L2/R2 triggers on the PS3 they are so flimsy.The free DLC is pointless for me cause I don't have PSN.Oh & my brother doesn't want to play this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'll give it a few days to see how it comes out but surely since u can install it on the xbox it'd run smoother? That said, I'll likely end up getting it for my bro on the PS3 because he just won't play the XBox.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Its probably too late to pre-order
    No I doubt it is actually, I preordered Red dead the night before the release no problems...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Implying people have both consoles and can choose. Besides whats the difference?

For me, when that's all that's between them the 360 controller wins out over the torture PS3 pad.

Without console bashing, lets just say microsoft copied the controller design from another popular console

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

was looking at my order on gamestop website, it says processing order and the expected ship date is 20th, which is bull****, i didnt get a dispatch email yet neither, so hoping today!

Nodferatu wrote: »
    was looking at my order on gamestop website, it says processing order and the expected ship date is 20th, which is bull****, i didnt get a dispatch email yet neither, so hoping today!

The 20th? so you won't get it until next week? Yeah that sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

@Nodferatu
    Same here although I went for the express delivery option and on the site it says Express orders will be delivered on or before 20/05/2011.

Considering the status is still at processing im not expecting to get it today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

does anyone know hours wise what La Noire is coming in at?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

They've said that it's as long as two seasons of a TV show so about 20ish I would imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

bertie4evr wrote: »
    Is it too late to preorder from HMV?

Dont know about HMV, but i asked in Xtra Vision about pre ordering and they said if i call in the thursday before its out they can put my name on a copy for me, Very sceptical because she told me it wasnt out til the 27th even though i know its the 20th. Better be able to get it on friday cant wait

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

When you select the express delivery option for a pre-order it will be delivered to you the day of release.

Kind regards,
    Gamestop.ie.

Looks like Friday so for Gamestop orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Just for anyone asking about pre-orders:

On games where you don't need to pay a deposit for a pre-order (LA Noire is a perfect example), pre-ordering doesn't mean that the store are holding you a copy with your name on it. Basically the amount of people that pre-order a game in a store determines the amount of stock the store receives. With games like LA Noire, a large games store will be over-stocked so you'll (most likely) have no problem getting a copy. Stores will be getting their stock in today or tomorrow, but you'll be able to pre-order until Thursday night.

Pre-ordering basically gets you double points on your loyalty card from GAME (not sure if Gamestop do loyalty), along with any additional DLC (though this is generally given to you without pre-ordering). Just because you pre-order, you're not guaranteed a copy of the game. If you pay a deposit when you pre-order, a copy will be held for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

if im using the trade 3 games and get a game (la Noire) for 3 euro do i have to pre order or should they have enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

donalg1 wrote: »
    Dont know about HMV, but i asked in Xtra Vision about pre ordering and they said if i call in the thursday before its out they can put my name on a copy for me, Very sceptical because she told me it wasnt out til the 27th even though i know its the 20th. Better be able to get it on friday cant wait
    I went into HMV Dundrum yesterday to pre-order the game and was told that they were'nt taking pre-orders on it as they would have 120 copies of the game on Friday. He seemed to think that this would be more than enough stock.

if im using the trade 3 games and get a game (la Noire) for 3 euro do i have to pre order or should they have enough?

There's always enough copies. Pre-ordering is just to get some exclusives with the game.

Im trading 3 games to get it for 3 euro too :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

ShaneU wrote: »
    I'll find out the tesco price tonight, but sometimes they drop it on release day if there's a promotion on it.

Any luck on the tesco price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

There's always enough copies. Pre-ordering is just to get some exclusives with the game.

Im trading 3 games to get it for 3 euro too :cool:

Gamestop are gona have 3 times more games on their shelves than they have copies of LA Noire before Friday is out. Dunno what they're gona do with all the copies of Little Big Planet!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roll on friday :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Chaoki

rickyjb wrote: »
    Gamestop are gona have 3 times more games on their shelves than they have copies of LA Noire before Friday is out. Dunno what they're gona do with all the copies of Little Big Planet!

Haha so true. I was both shocked and delighted to see that game on the list.

Advertisement