Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Courier came there with a game from Gamestop.

Was a copy of Blur I ordered about a month ago. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

i was really looking forward to this game up untill about 2 weeks ago. Now that the reviews are out i am like " Meh". I know the game got good reviews and everything but reading them gave me the impression that the gameplay is very repetetive.

From what i understood, you go to a crime scene, move around till you hear a vocal cue or the controller starts vibrating.At which point u find a clue, take a note and then go back to the station and interogate people. That being said, the motion cap tech used in this game is apparently awesome.

Is there any side missions,collectibles or just random stuff you could do in the game?

Man, i am so confused as to whether or not to get the game on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

jmx009 wrote: »
    Is there any side missions,collectibles

If you read any of the reviews which you cliam to have seen, yes and yes and there is unlockable free roam mode. All games are repetitive when you think about it. Mass Effect 2 mining planets, Alan Wake shine torch and shoot, Call of Duty run and shoot etc. And they are all games with great reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

jmx009 wrote: »

Is there any side missions,collectibles or just random stuff you could do in the game?

i saw a review, think it was ign and they said there is 40 side missions that come in over your police radio i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

my gamestops order status: processing, is worrying me. it has been saying that for a few weeks. Iv been checking it every hour since monday, waiting for it to change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

blaa85 wrote: »
    my gamestops order status: processing, is worrying me. it has been saying that for a few weeks. Iv been checking it every hour since monday, waiting for it to change.
    It wont. I remeber that a order of mine was still saying processing even after it was delivered to me. they're also suppose to send you an email notification for dispatch, but they never do. I'm still fairly confident that it'll be here either tomorrow of Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

There is multiple side careers; Private detective, Night Watchman, Paperboy, Shoeshine, Panhandler.

Joking aside it will be interesting to see what the DLC does down the road. They could really turn things upside-down like the Undead Nightmare in RDR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

grizzly wrote: »
    There is multiple side careers; Private detective, Night Watchman, Paperboy, Shoeshine, Panhandler.

Joking aside it will be interesting to see what the DLC does down the road. They could really turn things upside-down like the Undead Nightmare in RDR.
    I hope they ignore zombie stuff altogether.

Dlc wise down the road I'd like you to go under cover, have to plant bugs tip off your bosses without getting caught, stuff like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

So do I – RDR was so combat heavy that it suited it, this wouldn't.

They could continue his career in New York or show the game from another characters perspective – a gumshoe solving new cases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

grizzly wrote: »

Professional panhandler :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Solm

Can't wait for Friday my first pre-order game of 2011 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Dlc wise down the road I'd like you to go under cover, have to plant bugs tip off your bosses without getting caught, stuff like that
    Actually what they could do and could be really cool if done well is a kind of Dylan Dog type thing, where you investigate crimes for the undead. With the proper writing it could be great. Granted this will never happen, but I can dream...

Solm wrote: »
    Can't wait for Friday my first pre-order game of 2011 :D

My first pre-order game ever :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Johner wrote: »

Haha aw that sucks man

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

haha aw man bet you thought it was l.a. noire didn't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

haha aw man bet you thought it was l.a. noire didn't you.

When he rang I did, then it hit me that I still hadn't got the Blur game as he was coming to the door. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When he rang I did, then it hit me that I still hadn't got the Blur game as he was coming to the door. :mad:

I hate when that happens :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

That's brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Without console bashing, lets just say microsoft copied the controller design from another popular console

the dreamcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    the dreamcast?

Im thinking the original Atari since it had buttons and the 360 one has buttons too.........to similar to be a coincidence :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

well now Rebecca black's Friday makes sense :P

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    the dreamcast?

:rolleyes: Yeah sure why not

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Without console bashing, lets just say microsoft copied the controller design from another popular console
    My eyes almost rolled out of their sockets.

That's your complaint? If they did it'd be a compliment, and not only that, they improved the design.

Looking foward to Friday, the game just seems to sound better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Can't wait to play this game, unfortunately have to wait till Monday!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

Just hit me tonight how much I cant wait to start solving some crimes! Roll on friday...

Lads the topic has been truely lost.

Who cares about controllers, save the Xbox/PS3 arguments :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watched some CSI, gonna watch LA Confidential (for the 1st time) later on, have avoided gameplay vids all this week, can't wait to finally lash into this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just watched some CSI, gonna watch LA Confidential (for the 1st time) later on, have avoided gameplay vids all this week, can't wait to finally lash into this!!

You've never seen LA Confidential? You are in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

sheehy83 wrote: »

Damnit wish id thought of that, havent seen it in ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

So who's got the ol' fat ps3s? I've had me 60GB since launch, according to rockstar, the newest firmware update is overheating em when LA Noire is being played.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/302139/news/ps3-firmware-361-is-overheating-old-units-rockstar/

I'll be in tears if it starts happening to mine.

Advertisement