Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Good value by gamestop.ie it has to be said... €47, delivered right to your door a day before release, with soundtrack and extra DLC. Dont see the point in ordering off gamesnash any more unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Good value by gamestop.ie it has to be said... €47, delivered right to your door a day before release, with soundtrack and extra DLC. Dont see the point in ordering off gamesnash any more unfortunately.

Did you get the dlc code or soundtrack donwload with the game cus like someone else above all i got was the game, no codes anywhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Well I assumed people did? Email hello@gamestop.ie they are very helpful it has to be said. Maybe they will email it to you or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Chances of gamestop/Xtravision breaking the release date to sell it in store?

If I can get my hands on it today I'll take the day of work tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I'd suggest sending an email to hello@gamestop.ie and see what they say. They might not send the DLC codes out until launch day via email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'd suggest sending an email to hello@gamestop.ie and see what they say. They might not send the DLC codes out until launch day via email.

Ill wait till tomorrow see if anything arrives im in no rush

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ther post hasn't arrived yet. I'm starting to get the shakes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kharn wrote: »
    I got the email from Gamesnash to say mine's in the post which is fine by me! I think I might just have to watch LA Confidential tonight too..

Off the record, on the Q.T. and strictly hush hush...

me too *high five*

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

To those of you who have the game, is it causing any problems for your console? There are reports of it causing both PS3s and Xbox 360s to overheat. Really want to get this game, but not at the cost of my PS3. Hopefully its a relatively small scale problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I got the game from gamestop.ie with standard shipping, unfortunately no DLC or soundtrack, should I email them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm dropping into my local today see if they can sell it,

Being ble to blag a fair few amount of releases over the years from the shop as the peeps are relatively sound in there, and since theyve done it before and not had a stampeed I'll take my chances again today, otherwise its down tomorrow at 9am to utilise the day off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

just rang gamestop, they said they will be selling it today provided someone else breaks the release date, fingers and toes crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Rang Xtravision in Maynooth but they're not releasing it early :/

Ah well, 11am tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    just rang gamestop, they said they will be selling it today provided someone else breaks the release date, fingers and toes crossed.

How quick can I open a shop ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    To those of you who have the game, is it causing any problems for your console? There are reports of it causing both PS3s and Xbox 360s to overheat. Really want to get this game, but not at the cost of my PS3. Hopefully its a relatively small scale problem.

No problems with the PS3 version so far with me, I've only played it for about an hour or so though.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Moving Phelps around his hard work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Nutmeg

Just got my Gamestop order delivered by express courier. :pac:

Didn't get the DLC codes but I'll see if they arrive tomorrow before I email them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Woka123

Does anyone know if you have to sign for the gamestop pre order (priority) or will they just post it through the door?

Just got the email from Gamestop with the DLC codes there for the soundtrack and the 'Slip of the Tongue' DLC.

Woka123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you have to sign for the gamestop pre order (priority) or will they just post it through the door?

I got standard shipping and I didn't have to sign anyway.

• Advertisement

Just got the email from Gamestop with the DLC codes there for the soundtrack and the 'Slip of the Tongue' DLC.

Did you email them asking about the codes or did they just send it to you anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Woka123

Thanks

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Did you email them asking about the codes or did they just send it to you anyway?
    They just sent it to me. Never emailed them.
    Here's the email from hello@gamestop.ie
    Hi,

Please find below your codes for LA NOIRE:

PS3 Slip of the Tongue DLC- xxxx-xxxx-xxxx
    Bonus Soundtrack- xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx

See below details on accessing the LA Noire Soundtrack:
    1. Go to www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/soundtrackdownload
    2. Enter your code as above.
    3. And then proceed with the downloads.

The LA Noire Official Soundtrack was inspired by the sweeping orchestral scores of the great films of the 1940's. The all-original score was recorded in London's legendary Abbey Road Studios and composed by Andrew Hale, of the band Sade and Sweetback and whose credits include scores for such films as Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. The soundtrack also features modern takes on the classic torch songs of the period. Three original vocal recordings were created for the soundtrack, all produced and written by Stephen Coates (of the Real Tuesday Weld) and featuring the guest vocals of Claudia Brucken (of Propaganda). Additional music was composed for the score by Woody Jackson, who won multiple awards for his work with Bill Elm on the original score of Red Dead Redemption.

Kind Regards,
    Gamestop.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I just got the codes too. No game yet tho :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Got the email as well, haven't got the game yet though. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 joker87

anyone know are there any midnight launches in dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

So far a million times better than GTA. Just got promoted, enjoying it a lot the movement is much more fluid and generally the game is way more interesting than being yet another scum bag robbing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

donalg1 wrote: »
    Dont know about HMV, but i asked in Xtra Vision about pre ordering and they said if i call in the thursday before its out they can put my name on a copy for me, Very sceptical because she told me it wasnt out til the 27th even though i know its the 20th. Better be able to get it on friday cant wait

Ha Ha just went to xtra vision today to order a copy as i was told to do on monday and they informed me that copies cant be booked or held if ordered the day before the release!!! Explained to them i was there doing exactly what they told me to do and they said, they have thirty copies for general sale tomorrow and it will be first come first served!!

Some annoying, better get a copy otherwise i will be very annoyed and some ass chewing could happen!! No wonder Xtra Vision is allegedly in trouble!! AHHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Can people who got the game early avoid talking about what happens in it until tomorrow. Thanks :)

• Advertisement

Just use spoiler tags where necessary.

Advertisement