Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any word on any shops breaking the release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

kinda sucks that I paid for express and haven't got it but people who used the cheap postage did :(

and gamestop never reply to emails, wtf....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

After playing it more today, and getting to the second disc, I feared it would get repetitive but it doesn't for me anyway. I love the interrogations.

I love finding clues out before its relevant.

Great game I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

lads are ye playing with the clue hints (vibration and background music) on or off?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

sheehy83 wrote: »
    lads are ye playing with the clue hints (vibration and background music) on or off?

On, I spend enough time wandering around a crime scene as it is. Making it harder would push it past being enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How much freedom do you have in the game?

I play with the music on. You get chimes and vibrations and background music which stops playing after all clues are discovered.

As regards freedom,its you get the case at the station and drive to the crime scene, then on to where-ever. Not like GTA more like Mafia but I don't mind it at all.

When travelling to places you get calls over the radio for urgent request for help from over the city, shoot-outs,assaults etc. You can choose to respond to them or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When travelling to places you get calls over the radio for urgent request for help from over the city, shoot-outs,assaults etc. You can choose to respond to them or not.

sounds cool.

Those random cases are while driving to main cases ya?

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Good value by gamestop.ie it has to be said... €47, delivered right to your door a day before release, with soundtrack and extra DLC. Dont see the point in ordering off gamesnash any more unfortunately.

Likewise we are struggling to see the point of ordering off the official distributors here anymore. That's cheaper than we bought it in for !

Edit:

Was slapped on the wrist for posting the above without pointing out that:

We're not ripping people off / profiteering on our prices.
    We're a lot smaller than Gamestop and can't match their buying power nor their deals for exclusive content etc. If they want to slash a price like that we have little chance of matching it.
    We were not allowed to dispatch until today as per agreements made but we've been sucker punched by the bigger crowd shipping a day earlier with no fear of a fine themselves.
    We do bend over backwards to provide a great customer service.
    And in the case of this title offered €35 in vouchers back if pre ordering through us.

At the end of the day we're a small local Irish player being squeezed out by a bigger multi national company. Nothing new but a bit of a shame in general. I'm well aware price is king these days and loyalty to local businesses is out the window for a lot of people - sometimes by neccessity. I wish you well shopping elsewhere. :)

sounds cool.

Those random cases are while driving to main cases ya?

Yup,or to suspects or to wherever.

You can also let you partner drive to a location by holding the Y button beside the car and it will skip to the marked location.

The questioning is harder than I expected. Some people are tough to read!

But as I said before its a refreshing change of pace to the usual stuff out there. You have to concentrate on the game or you will miss on on bits a pieces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

My standard delivery arrived from gamestop. jsut gave it a few hours on me fat 60GB, and is working perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Anyone finding the questions really hard, ive been questioning people i know they are lying i call them on it and i am still getting them wrong.

Im not much of a detective thats for sure i can't get the questions right and like to shoot first ask questions later :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I liked the GTA games except GTA 4, I also enjoyed Red Dead Redemption. Do you think this would be a good game for me? I might buy it if ye recommend it giving the games I like/dislike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anyone finding the questions really hard, ive been questioning people i know they are lying i call them on it and i am still getting them wrong.

Im not much of a detective thats for sure i can't get the questions right and like to shoot first ask questions later :D

From what I've seen on other forums (haven't played it myself yet, only 24 hours to wait :D) you can only call them on a lie if you have the evidence to back it up. If you don't have evidence, the tip is to use doubt instead.

Can't wait to get a few hours with this tomorrow night. Everything I've been reading about it just makes it sound exactly like the type of thing I could spend weeks on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ufcdaily

might try xtravision see if they will release it tonight =D:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

DarkJager wrote: »
    From what I've seen on other forums (haven't played it myself yet, only 24 hours to wait :D) you can only call them on a lie if you have the evidence to back it up. If you don't have evidence, the tip is to use doubt instead.

Can't wait to get a few hours with this tomorrow night. Everything I've been reading about it just makes it sound exactly like the type of thing I could spend weeks on.

It really is very good im fully enjoying every minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

I've a Law exam to study for, maybe playing this will help more than studying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

sheehy83 wrote: »

Stuck with the launch contoller that doesn't have vibrate, so i'll be leaving the music on... still kinda easy

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Just back from tesco and i asked the girl if they had it in and she went and got it for me from the back, she was going to sell it to me but it wouldn't scan. She said that it won't scan until after 12, so she kept if for me out the back.

Anywhere in Cork breaking the release date? The queen is down here tomorrow and getting near any game shop will be a lot of hassle :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Come on Xtravision. Break it. You know you want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

They didn't in nutgrove anyway :( anyone know if this is being sold today anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

There is something so very satisfying about calling someone out on a lie and then having the evidence to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just played the Bishop level and it was like playing a game based off a Hitchock movie ala Vertigo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

How long is the game meant to be? I hope it lasts a good while anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ufcdaily

is the gameplay (driving and shooting etc..) similar to gta 4 and red dead ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

got my copy today, gamestop sent it out a day earlier. it really good. graphics are great and the facial animations is breath taking stuff. its like a movie in a way. only been playing 2 hours or so but i had to drag myself away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

There's a 24hour Tesco near me, I wonder will they be selling this game after 12 o clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Loving it so far, played about 2 hours and I think it's brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

went into smyths this morning to pre-book it cause they were giving a free t-shirt with it, guy said they werent taking anymore pre-orders!!

i said grand so and left, was gonna trade in a game with it but alas smyths didnt want my trade in nor my money!

Advertisement