Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

How long is the game meant to be? I hope it lasts a good while anyway!

Stuck it on around 11ish this morning just finished disk 1 now ! Could have done more side missions too.

It doesn't seem to suffer from the boring missions GTA has where you drive to one side of the town pick up a package drive to the other side drop it off! Its all go from the start, not one boring moment so far. Even the side missions are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Anyone any ideas at all if i stay on custom firmware 3.55 will i be able to buy this game for the ps3 and still play???

It is one the games that needs 3.60+ firmware will i need to update if i want to buy it on the ps3?. Is the 360 my best bet so??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone any ideas at all if i stay on custom firmware 3.55 will i be able to buy this game for the ps3 and still play???

It is one the games that needs 3.60+ firmware will i need to update if i want to buy it on the ps3?. Is the 360 my best bet so??

I'd say your out of luck boss, doubt any publisher these days is printing discs without 3.60.

I'd say your out of luck boss, doubt any publisher these days is printing discs without 3.60.

Ya i guess i got lucky with fight night and mortal kombat.

Guess ill be buying it on the 360 till someone maybe patchs something.

Anyone played the 360 version same game as ps3 i assume ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Ya i guess i got lucky with fight night and mortal kombat.

Guess ill be buying it on the 360 till someone maybe patchs something.

Anyone played the 360 version same game as ps3 i assume ??

MK had 3.55??! Interesting.... Didn't know that.

However did a bit of googling and LA Noire is indeed on 3.60.

• Advertisement

MK had 3.55??! Interesting.... Didn't know that.

However did a bit of googling and LA Noire is indeed on 3.60.

Ya ive been playing Mortal Kombat for good while now week at most before it came out over here.

Its deffo for 3.60 but so was brink and now thats working for 3.55 so u never no i guess.

So unless something happens in next few days ill be getting it for the 360.

I have a 50 euro game card thing for game so ill be heading in there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,050 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Is there a reason that people are unwilling to update their firmware to 3.60?

You lose the option to use custom firmware so no playing backups of games and so on.

Probley should keep this section to talking about the game and not the ps3 firmware. I only asked in first place as i wasnt sure what would be the best system to get it for.

Ah fair enough, sorry i went off topic.

So, back to those who have it, best thing since slice bread? I'm picking it up in the morning but due to work committments i won't be able to play it properly till next wednesday!!! :(

Now im reading alot about the overheating issue on the ps3 and on some 360s ffs theres always something lol

My xbox is one of the older ones which has already died on me 3 times :P

My ps3 is the original fat model with a bigger hard drive installed.

Some are saying its ps3 at fault in the fact the 3.60+ update is causing problems with machines.

Some say Rockstar are at fault.

Ffs so many reasons for me to be confused in how im going to be playing this game at this stage i dunno i might hold off for a bit i still have alot of games to finish.

Whats everyones experience so far with how the games running on either system?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Ah fair enough, sorry i went off topic.

So, back to those who have it, best thing since slice bread? I'm picking it up in the morning but due to work committments i won't be able to play it properly till next wednesday!!! :(

I'm kind of in the same boat except I won't be waiting days to play it :D Picking it up in the morning and might be able to get properly stuck in to it at some stage on Saturday.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I'm kind of in the same boat except I won't be waiting days to play it :D Picking it up in the morning and might be able to get properly stuck in to it at some stage on Saturday.

Normally i would forget about work and struggle through it with no sleep, but i'm only getting 7 hours between shifts until wednesday! Stoopid work! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

http://beefjack.com/news/rockstar-claims-firmware-3-61-overheats-ps3s-others-say-l-a-noire-to-blame/
    Likely not the reason though.

I want to try this game but no PC version. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

can anyone tell me what the legend on the map meant for newspapers found - you found and both found?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone having trouble downloading the soundtrack? i got an email from gamestop with the code but when i went to the rockstar website page where you redeem code to download it says ''Sorry, the provided code is not valid.''
    i even copied and pasted it still same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I just booked the special edition with the dlc in Game tonight, picking it up tomorrow! I was sold after watching the first 15 mins of gameplay on Eurogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Absolutely loving it so far.
    Royally ****ed up at the end of the Golden Butterfly case let one the dudes go instead of charging him, instead of 5 stars i get 1 :(.
    Also loving the overarching theme of the Black Dahlia

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Tomorrow will be a long and fruitful day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

VinLieger wrote: »
    Absolutely loving it so far.
    Royally ****ed up at the end of the Golden Butterfly case let one the dudes go instead of charging him, instead of 5 stars i get 1 :(.
    Also loving the overarching theme of the Black Dahlia

I did the same thing :D
    Its weird when you recognise the real actor, that guy is in Heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Is it as good as the hype? It looks immense!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Please stop posting spoilers. I'm so tempted to read them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

Just back from tesco empty handed :mad:, had the game in my hands ready to pay for and the game wouldn't scan they said it wasn't on their system yet so i couldn't buy it. I told the manager they should of been more prepared and that im going to gamestop in the morning but he didn't give a ****, he was a rude prick!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just played the first 2 cases, this game is absolutely spectacular. Never been so enthralled in any game ever, absolutely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah it wasn't on the system when I checked on tuesday, it's usually on it by now. Might be doing that to stop people buying it before a promotion starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ghouldaddy

Liam90 wrote: »
    Just back from tesco empty handed :mad:, had the game in my hands ready to pay for and the game wouldn't scan they said it wasn't on their system yet so i couldn't buy it. I told the manager they should of been more prepared and that im going to gamestop in the morning but he didn't give a ****, he was a rude prick!

Went to two different tescos and they both told me they didn't have any in stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Tomorrow will be a long and fruitful day.
    Mine will be spent vegetating on the couch playing this :P

And I cant fecking wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Liam90 wrote: »
    Just back from tesco empty handed :mad:, had the game in my hands ready to pay for and the game wouldn't scan they said it wasn't on their system yet so i couldn't buy it.

+1

sickened

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just picked my copy up in gamestop, FFs why didn't I call in sick to work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

ghouldaddy wrote: »
    Went to two different tescos and they both told me they didn't have any in stock.
    The games have been sitting in the lockup since Tuesday (work in Tesco), went to buy it this morning myself and PS3 version wouldn't scan. Checked the 360 version, no luck.

Should be working later on today

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Fecking hour left before xtravision opens. Been awake about two hours now. Christ I need a life haha.

Advertisement