Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got my copy from gamestop, in work tonight so lashing into this now. bit worried tho, installation screen says 'the game data is corrupt and is being repaired' :eek: anyone else get this?

Plus, I got the dlc codes on a sheet and I presumed they were for PSN, are they for the R* website?

Whats the DLC and 1.01 update installed at the start?

Installed......can't believe I finally get to play this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

How much space does it take on Xbox to install it. Made 21.3gig free just to be sure. Delighted I put a load of cans in the fridge last night. Its gonna be a good day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

My copy arrived yesterday from Gamestop. I played the first few hours of it there last night. It's incredible.

Saying that though the game couldn't be more in my wheelhouse. The setting, subject matter, story and gameplay are all exactly what I'd want from a game. Had to stop playing it last night because I wanted to try and stretch it out as much as possible because I'm enjoying it so much.

Besides a shagging Natalie Portman mini-game it's like they took the game right out of my dreams! I suppose they have to save something for the sequel.

Exactly Notoriety, I just started but the game is soaked in atmosphere and the facial animations are jaw dropping! My kind of game exactly!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Exactly Notoriety, I just started but the game is soaked in atmosphere and the facial animations are jaw dropping! My kind of game exactly!

Have you tried playing it in black & white? I tried it for one case there last night and it's pretty cool. Adds to the atmosphere. Going to switch between black and white and colour a bit I'd say.

There's so many great little touches like that in the game, and the cases are just so well done. Having the rating at the end adn giving you an idea of where you went wrong is a great touch too, really makes you want to replay the cases.

• Advertisement

Didn't even know you could do that! just turned it on now while driving. With music and lighting its like something straight out of a classic b&w noire, they f*cking failed it! Gonna switch back to colour tho, bondi/r* did a great job on the rich colours.

how do you get the soundtrack?

Didn't even know you could do that! just turned it on now while driving. With music and lighting its like something straight out of a classic b&w noire, they f*cking failed it! Gonna switch back to colour tho, bondi/r* did a great job on the rich colours.

how do you get the soundtrack?

I got an email from Gamestop with two codes. One for DLC and one for the Soundtrack. You redeem the code for the soundtrack on the Rockstar website in the link in the email.

www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/soundtrackdownload

Then Rockstar send you an email with a link to download it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

seanybiker wrote: »
    How much space does it take on Xbox to install it. Made 21.3gig free just to be sure.

Approx 20Gb, might want to free up a bit more space for patches, saves and DLC.

Ok thanks for that. I might have to actually delete rdr off my drive for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

WOW! Pretty hefty game there.

So what the first impression lads?

• Advertisement

Thanks Notoriety, soundtrack downloaded! Excellent game so far, just got into my 1st shootout and found something was off. Options - put up sensitivity and turned off auto aim, musch better!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Got My Copy :D

Got My Copy :D

Me to me to. :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Just bought it there.

Wish I could go home and get the install started so its ready when I'm home from work :P

Anyone on the ps3 having any freezing or anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

NotorietyH wrote: »
    I got an email from Gamestop with two codes. One for DLC and one for the Soundtrack. You redeem the code for the soundtrack on the Rockstar website in the link in the email.

www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/soundtrackdownload

Then Rockstar send you an email with a link to download it.

When did you recieve the email from gamestop? Is it after you have picked up the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Picked it up on the way into work and it is burning a hole in my bag... bring on 6pm!

When did you recieve the email from gamestop? Is it after you have picked up the game?

I ordered it online. Weirdly it arrived about 5 minutes after the courier left. I'm not sure if you get an email if you're picking it up in store though. Might be a card.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

How big is the slip of the tongue DLC download, just wondering for my download cap!

Just got my copy from gamestop, in work tonight so lashing into this now. bit worried tho, installation screen says 'the game data is corrupt and is being repaired' :eek: anyone else get this?

Plus, I got the dlc codes on a sheet and I presumed they were for PSN, are they for the R* website?

Whats the DLC and 1.01 update installed at the start?

Installed......can't believe I finally get to play this!

Ye i just got that :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Game arrived in post waiting to be opened. - check
    Little man being shipped over to grandparents for the night. - check
    Wife doing a night shift. - check
    Pizza to be ordered. - check
    Alcohol in fridge. - check
    Red Bull on stand by. - check
    Latest firmware installed on PS3. - check
    Plenty of disc space free on PS3. - check

That's everything covered. Roll on quitting time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Rushdie

Did anybody pick up a copy in Tesco yet as they are selling it for £25 in the UK, any such offer here.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a320565/la-noire-offered-for-gbp25-at-tesco.html

Rushdie wrote: »
    Did anybody pick up a copy in Tesco yet as they are selling it for £25 in the UK, any such offer here.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a320565/la-noire-offered-for-gbp25-at-tesco.html
    Only get it for £25 if you buy another top game at full price.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Bought it in Tesco this morning before hopping on the tube for £39.99.

Arrrrrgh interrogation is wrecking me head now

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

5 and half hours in and I'm only on case 9/21! Also only have done 3/40 street crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

5uspect wrote: »
    Bought it in Tesco this morning before hopping on the tube for £39.99.

I got mine at Amazon for £34.99, have to wait till Monday before it gets here though. They sent it last night. Won't get a chance to play it for another 2 weeks with all the overtime in work.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

I need to drag my hungover ass into town and get this, I can shake myself sober later!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

ordered last week of Play.com. was posted on Tuesday and no sign of it yet. they usually come about 9 or 10 in the morning.

Not.
    Happy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

seanybiker wrote: »
    Arrrrrgh interrogation is wrecking me head now

As Dark Jager said earlier if you think they are lying but don't have the evidence click the doubt option, if you have the evidence click lie and then select the right piece of evidence you need to get both right for it to be correct.

Advertisement