Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

ordered last week of Play.com. was posted on Tuesday and no sign of it yet. they usually come about 9 or 10 in the morning.

Not.
    Happy...

That won't be with you until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest. Never order from Play if you want it on release, it takes at least a week for stuff to come from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

As Dark Jager said earlier if you think they are lying but don't have the evidence click the doubt option, if you have the evidence click lie and then select the right piece of evidence you need to get both right for it to be correct.
    didn't see that post oops. Makes sense though. I was just getting carried away and wanted to move on straight away haha. Excellent game. The facial expressions are cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

As Dark Jager said earlier if you t
    hink they are lying but don't have the evidence click the doubt option, if you have the evidence click lie and then select the right piece of evidence you need to get both right for it to be correct.

Spolier tag pls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Ordered off Gamestop yesterday @ 1pm and recieved the game this morning. Great service!

roll on 6pm, its been a long day so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ordered off Gamestop yesterday @ 1pm and recieved the game this morning. Great service!

roll on 6pm, its been a long day so far

wow thats good going.recieved my order from gamesnash gonna tackle it later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Spolier tag pls :)

Its not really a spoiler since it isnt explained very well in game how the system works

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is there much freedom to do things differently in it? like moral choices? I havent been following much of the hype as I want to be surpised so havent watched a trailer for it in ages, but does it have a Red Dead style morality thing going on? I kinda wanna be a dirty cop :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    Is there much freedom to do things differently in it? like moral choices? I havent been following much of the hype as I want to be surpised so havent watched a trailer for it in ages, but does it have a Red Dead style morality thing going on? I kinda wanna be a dirty cop :pac:

From what I've read on websites no unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just got my 1st hidden car, no police dispatcher but its way faster than the bucket I was driving. could easily just play this right through to the end in one sitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Enjoying it so far, the facial animation is stunning. Anyone who was expecting another GTA or RDR will be disappointed though, its much more linear than those games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

what kind of prices is everybody paying ?? are they all around the same €50 mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

what kind of prices is everybody paying ?? are they all around the same €50 mark.
    HMV should have it for €45 with some DLC and a copy of LA Confidential. Almost all new release games are that price with them these days.

Mine arrived this morning from Gamestop. Playing it for the last couple of hours. Enjoying it.

I cant help but think that, especially during the chase sequences that the computer is guiding my down the right alley and around the right corner. Almost forcing me to take the right turn when I stupidly tried to run right past it.

iMuse wrote: »
    Enjoying it so far, the facial animation is stunning. Anyone who was expecting another GTA or RDR will be disappointed though, its much more linear than those games.

Thats why I'm looking forward to it, too much of GTA and RDR is padded out with stupid sidequests. I dont care about playing horseshoes or going bowling, just give me decent missions to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

45 in hmv with la confidential blu ray.

Game gave it for 50 with naked city dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

HMV have it for €45 alright with the Chicago Piano machine gun DLC and LA confidential on Blu ray. They also gave me €39 for Brink :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Aint bought this just yet and might not have to *Work in progress* lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Is there supposed to be DLC with it on the xbox from gamestop? They gave me a code for "slip of the Tongue" on ps3 but they had no codes for xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

HMV have it for €45 alright with the Chicago Piano machine gun DLC and LA confidential on Blu ray.

Do they do the Blu Ray if you buy it on 360 too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

How big is the slip of the tongue DLC download, just wondering for my download cap!

I just installed it an hour or 2 ago. Can't quite remember exactly but its around 250MB.

Loving it so far, great game...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Aint bought this just yet and might not have to *Work in progress* lol :pac:

How many GB is your WIP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got my copy from gamestop this morning, problem with the dLC from pre order though.

The actual game content code was fine, downloaded, 25 digit code.

The soundtrack however is only 16 digits, therefore cannot be redeemed with the Xbox.

Called my store in Swords and the guy checked other Xbox sheets and said that they all said they only had 16 digits, so obviously they wont work, he didnt really have an anwser in terms of getting it sorted so thought I'd check in here.

Cause I'm assuming I'm not the only one, since 16 digit codes wont go into an Xbox.

Have anyone with an Xbox copy, from Gamestop who got the codes, being able to redeem the Soundtrack DLC?

I told your man I'd pop back into the shop to see what the story was in the coming days.

Any help or solutions would be ace, basically just checking is there a website to redeem it on, cause this will definitly not go into the Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

TheDoc wrote: »
    The soundtrack however is only 16 digits, therefore cannot be redeemed with the Xbox.

Why would you redeem it on the xbox? To listen to it through the dashboard? :)

The soundtrack can be downloaded from the R* website.....

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/soundtrackdownload

TheDoc wrote: »
    Got my copy from gamestop this morning, problem with the dLC from pre order though.

The actual game content code was fine, downloaded, 25 digit code.

Called my store in Swords and the guy checked other Xbox sheets and said that they all said they only had 16 digits, so obviously they wont work, he didnt really have an anwser in terms of getting it sorted so thought I'd check in here.

Cause I'm assuming I'm not the only one, since 16 digit codes wont go into an Xbox.

Have anyone with an Xbox copy, from Gamestop who got the codes, being able to redeem the Soundtrack DLC?

I told your man I'd pop back into the shop to see what the story was in the coming days.

Any help or solutions would be ace, basically just checking is there a website to redeem it on, cause this will definitly not go into the Xbox.

probably need to redeem it through the Rockstar shop like on Red Dead, is there a "redeem code" or something on the title screen, cos thats how you redeemed the gold guns and war horse dlc on the pre order copies of RDR, it wasnt through xbox live itself it was on the game

hmv are giving €35 trade in for Mortal Kombat, €39 for Portal 2, thats pretty fricking good! LA Noire for 10 bucks, thanks very much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mr E wrote: »
    Why would you redeem it on the xbox? To listen to it through the dashboard? :)

The soundtrack can be downloaded from the R* website.....

http://www.rockstargames.com/lanoire/soundtrackdownload

yeah found out with a google search, guy in shop said it was an ingame dlc for the cars radio, so lol ;D

Worked straight away, thanks

Gave Gstop back a call and they said thanks for letting them know they have been getting loads of calls and people into the shop, so I dont feel such a dick anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

^^^^ from what I understand, the soundtrack download code is for the Rockstar website and they send you a download link?

really looking forward to this,got it in Gamestop this morning on the 3 games trade in deal,the lovely lady gave me the two download codes even though I hadn't pre-booked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was in Xtravision and a lonely looking single copy of this game was making eyes at me from the rental shelf. I'll try it out for the weekend and buy it next week if I like it. :)

Sesudra wrote: »
    ^^^^ from what I understand, the soundtrack download code is for the Rockstar website and they send you a download link?

really looking forward to this,got it in Gamestop this morning on the 3 games trade in deal,the lovely lady gave me the two download codes even though I hadn't pre-booked :D

hmv are giving a copy of LA Confidential on blu-ray with it, supposed to be only for preorders but they probably have some lying around if you ask nicely :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

The facial animations in this game really are stunning. I've managed to recognise a few actors I've seen in tv shows over the years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭dizzywizlw

I know the hype hasn't been massive but how's the supply side of things? I won't be getting it until Tuesday, just wondering if I can just saunter in and get it.

Advertisement