Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Aldebaran wrote: »
    The facial animations in this game really are stunning. I've managed to recognise a few actors I've seen in tv shows over the years.

I could swear I seen
    Alan from two and a half men lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

The facial animations in this game really are stunning. I've managed to recognise a few actors I've seen in tv shows over the years.
    The guy from the first case,
    Shroeder
    is the spittin' image of the actor.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1635108/
    Know him well from Justified. It's amazing how good the facial expression are.
    seanybiker wrote: »
    I could swear I seen Alan from two and a half men lol
    The guy who
    you interview at the shoe store
    ? I saw the likeness too, but I dont think it's him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Anyone have the list of games that gamestop accept?

The guy from the first case,
    Shroeder
    is the spittin' image of the actor.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1635108/
    Know him well from Justified. It's amazing how good the facial expression are.

The guy who
    you interview at the shoe store
    ? I saw the likeness too.
    Yup that fella

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

dizzywizlw wrote: »
    I know the hype hasn't been massive but how's the supply side of things? I won't be getting it until Tuesday, just wondering if I can just saunter in and get it.

The hype among gamers has been HUGE but yeah its not a GTA in terms of casual hype, guessing supplies are fine, its been a long time since ive heard of a game selling out everywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

half the cast of Mad Men are in it, the main character is played by one of the regulars in that

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Good news for anyone who was suckered into buying Brink last week. HMV are giving €39 credit for it this week only, so if you get LA Noire, you really only payed €6 for a week's rental of the broken bloody game. Getting LA Confidential bluray and a weapons code free is nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Tusky wrote: »
    Anyone have the list of games that gamestop accept?

It's back in this thread somewhere, maybe about 10 pages in if you wanna search. I've seen it posted on the gaming bargains thread as well. Any particular game you're wondering about?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just got my 1st hidden car, no police dispatcher but its way faster than the bucket I was driving. could easily just play this right through to the end in one sitting!

I find I am having to stop myself from doing just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone know it is possible to arrest the guys in the street crimes?All i can see to do is kill em

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone know it is possible to arrest the guys in the street crimes?All i can see to do is kill em

Warnings shots I think.

I was chasing some fella last night on foot and he was firing blindly behind at me, so I fired warning shots, by just aiming at his feet and shoot and aiming into the sky myself. I somehow missed the tutorial bit if there was one and how to really fire a warning shot.

He stopped and fired directly at me, so I had to shoot to kill at that stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

So how far into the game is everyone?I haven't even started it yet :eek:

Only rank 6

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

7/21 Cases done.

I am going to replay the last 2 though before going any further to try and do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Warnings shots I think.

I was chasing some fella last night on foot and he was firing blindly behind at me, so I fired warning shots, by just aiming at his feet and shoot and aiming into the sky myself. I somehow missed the tutorial bit if there was one and how to really fire a warning shot.

He stopped and fired directly at me, so I had to shoot to kill at that stage.

I've seen a video where you have to hold down a bumper button while aiming at the suspect, a timer will count down if you keep aim successfully and then you'll get a warning shot (it's an animation, not by the player).

Is it possible to fail every case and still complete the game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Do they do the Blu Ray if you buy it on 360 too?

Yep ...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

grizzly wrote: »
    I've seen a video where you have to hold down a bumper button while aiming at the suspect, a timer will count down if you keep aim successfully and then you'll get a warning shot (it's an animation, not by the player).

Is it possible to fail every case and still complete the game?

You cant fail any case, the street crimes are just completed and the main cases the worst you can do is get 1 star, if you do "fail" part of a main case you have to repeat that to continue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Sitting on Rank 7 or so. Cant help myself from doing the side missions. They all
    seem to end with me shooting the fella as he holds someone hostage

Had to give it a rest there for the last while. Was bottling my homemade cider. Not quite prohibition era :pac: but I decided it was the best time to do it and give myself a break from the game since I was playing it most of the morning.

Really, really enjoying it. think I'm gonna turn off the vibration alerts and just leave the music. It seems to be a tad bit too easy with the vibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

I picked this up on my lunch break in Game Stop for €3 (in exchange for 3 old games) but the guy insisted that I purchase the protection policy for an additional €3 as he said that there would be a high possibility that the disk could get damaged :confused:

He also asked me what version of the PS3 console I had and when I told him that I had a 2nd generation 80GB 'fat version' he told me that the protection doesn't cover for console damage and they cannot take responsibility if this game damages my console :confused::confused:

I was really looking forward to this game but now I'm afraid to even play it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Phat Cat wrote: »
    I picked this up on my lunch break in Game Stop for €3 (in exchange for 3 old games) but the guy insisted that I purchase the protection policy for an additional €3 as he said that there would be a high possibility that the disk could get damaged :confused:

He also asked me what version of the PS3 console I had and when I told him that I had a 2nd generation 80GB 'fat version' he told me that the protection doesn't cover for console damage and they cannot take responsibility if this game damages my console :confused::confused:

Never fall for that, you have to really **** the discs around for them to become unplayable, and if you install the games to the HDD, the risk of them not working is even lower. Its just a way of getting more money out of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

seanybiker wrote: »
    I could swear I seen
    Alan from two and a half men lol

so did i :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Never fall for that, you have to really **** the discs around for them to become unplayable, and if you install the games to the HDD, the risk of them not working is even lower. Its just a way of getting more money out of you.
    The staff have probably been told to push the protection policy as they are making little or nothing on the game itself. Waste of money really. Can't see how the game will get damaged as it won't see the light of day for the next few months :D

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

Phat Cat wrote: »

That sounds a bit strange! Although I have read from a few different sources that the game is causing older PS3s to overheat and crash.

My PS3 is ancient, so I hope this doesn't happen me later!

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

CyberWaste wrote: »

Yeah I never buy insurance with games on principle as it's usually just a waste but I had read about the game crashing older PS3's he didn't exactly put my mind to ease to put it mildly.

Still €6 for L.A. Noire wasn't a bad deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

best game of the year, thats right portal 2 I said it! I'm on Fallen Idol,
    those b*tches are awful liars, really messing up the questions witht them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Kharn wrote: »

Anybody on here been experiencing any issues of this nature with the game. I have one of the fat 60Gb models myself so I'm crossing my fingers that have I don't have any issues with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I've been playing it for 2 days on a original ps3 phat 60 gig and haven't had an issue yet.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i cant redeem/download the soundtrack

Advertisement