Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I'm on disc 2 already. No fair. I want the game to last forever. Or at least the weekend. I'm the worse interrogater ever haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Me too, the amount of people I've accidentally pissed off :D

This is grrrrreat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just completed the first main traffic mission (I think they have quite a vague definition of 'traffic' :pac:), enjoying it so far. Got a good laugh spotting
    John Noble - actor from Fringe and Lord of the Rings -
    on a billboard. Can't wait for his actual appearance :)

My main issue at the moment is that the three question interrogation system can be a bit unpredictable. I've pressed doubt a few times only for the main character to go ****ing mad at the suspect :pac: I've got into the logic now, but first few totally independent times the results were a bit unexpected!

My bias for all things mid twentieth century America will most certainly see me through to the end of this! Schools, the Wild West and now 40s/50s L.A. - go Rockstar :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nod, R* have a page setup to troubleshoot problems downloading the album and an online form you can fill out if nothin works

http://support.rockstargames.com/entries/20111988-problems-redeeming-or-downloading-the-l-a-noire-soundtrack

I have a 60gb fat ps3 going fine but I find crime scenes to be a small bit laggy whilee he's walking around looking for clues, anyone else get this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Thinking of getting this one , just have a question....

Is the game an oen world in the same way that GTA is? Like when the game is completed , is there any incentive to go back and play mini-games, or generally just mess around? Or is it alot more story based and when the games finishes thats it really....

I hope someone understands what i mean!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Thinking of getting this one , just have a question....

Is the game an oen world in the same way that GTA is? Like when the game is completed , is there any incentive to go back and play mini-games, or generally just mess around? Or is it alot more story based and when the games finishes thats it really....

I hope someone understands what i mean!

There's bits and pieces to find around the world (sub-missions, landmarks), but so far the open world seems very much like a 'hub' as opposed to anything, overall it seems quite linear - you drive to new locations (might open up, but I doubt it). If you're looking for a totally freeform world, get Just Cause 2. If you're looking for an awesome retro detective simulator, get LA Noire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

There's bits and pieces to find around the world (sub-missions, landmarks), but so far the open world seems very much like a 'hub' as opposed to anything, overall it seems quite linear - you drive to new locations (might open up, but I doubt it). If you're looking for a totally freeform world, get Just Cause 2. If you're looking for an awesome retro detective simulator, get LA Noire.

Thanks for that , pretty much sums it up! Im gonna finish Portal 2 CO-OP first then trade it in for this! Thanks again!

I had to turn it off for a bit. Eyes are all over the shop after playing it all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Did 9 cases today, gonna leave it till tomorow now.. make it stretch untill dirt3 comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Yeah gonna give it a rest, finished the Traffic cases already, bombing through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Just started playing - is anyone else getting a wierd clicking / ticking audio effect during gameplay? I don't know if it's meant to be there or not - doesn't seem to be linked to anything game related though like the clues of interactive objects, but it's really distracting.

Branoic wrote: »
    Just started playing - is anyone else getting a wierd clicking / ticking audio effect during gameplay? I don't know if it's meant to be there or not - doesn't seem to be linked to anything game related though like the clues of interactive objects, but it's really distracting.

That sounds very strange, did you try playing another game for a few mins to see if its the actual console making the noise? Also, there have been reports of this game causing the ps3 and xbox to overheat while playing this so if thats the case the fans could be making more noise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

how much is this in tesco?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is it intermittent? cus the rank counter ticks up whenever you gain xp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Due to the fact that violent videogames make teenagers violent. Should LA Noire have the exact opposite effect and result in teenagers solving crimes that their classmates commit? :D

Lads i'm finding that you can free roam just fine. Its limited in what you can do as in look for hidden cars (question marks on the map) look for land marks (you will pass most of this during missions anyway) and respond to street crimes. Just like Mafia 2 really. I went for a long drive today, map is f*cking huge! Oh, and i'd only suggest it if you aren't on your way to a time sensitive location like 'we better get their right away' kind of thing.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Due to the fact that violent videogames make teenagers violent. Should LA Noire have the exact opposite effect and result in teenagers solving crimes that their classmates commit? :D

That sounds like a question for....

1908_George-Hook_Li_660102t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

sheehy83 wrote: »
    That sounds very strange, did you try playing another game for a few mins to see if its the actual console making the noise? Also, there have been reports of this game causing the ps3 and xbox to overheat while playing this so if thats the case the fans could be making more noise?

It's definitely not a console or overheating issue - it sounds like it's audio from the game itself. I don't think it's related to XP gathering, though it only seems to occur when not driving, and not during cut scenes. When walking around a crime scene or talking to a character or looking in the notebook it clicks every few seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It's definitely not a console or overheating issue - it sounds like it's audio from the game itself. I don't think it's related to XP gathering, though it only seems to occur when not driving, and not during cut scenes. When walking around a crime scene or talking to a character or looking in the notebook it clicks every few seconds.

It's not the noise thats helps with finding clues by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I thought it was the traffic lights clicking when they change while driving, but you hear it when your looking in the notebook?

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Its the traffic lights, they click when they change.

Didn't he say it only happens when he's not driving tho? Bran, any chance you can upload a vid to youtube or something? Sounds very weird and you might be better getting onto the R* support forums as this game is already reported for causing some issues. I'm getting a slight lag when investigating crime scenes, might check on their forums myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Just started 'The Golden Butterfly' case on disc 2 of 3. I think Im going to stop playing for a while. I don't want this to end it's so good. Can't believe I'm on disc 2 already, CHRIST!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Well I sat down to play it, on the first case, after finding the clues, heading back to the car, and it freezes. I have a new 360 slim, and iv it installed. I wonder how this didn't come up in testing? Or did R* just release it knowing it might be broken?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Arsehole friend of mine sent me a video on-line that he said was a secret mission and how to get it tutorial...

turns out it was the cut scene ending of the game :( :mad:

WTF!!

Revenge will be sweet...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU4rVgn7xGz0TROmRG-_nIlF9elFZpfAbAFWZDe53qPJ9nuJaV_w&t=1

Digitalism wrote: »
    Arsehole friend of mine sent me a video on-line that he said was a secret mission and how to get it tutorial...

turns out it was the cut scene ending of the game :( :mad:

WTF!!

Revenge will be sweet...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU4rVgn7xGz0TROmRG-_nIlF9elFZpfAbAFWZDe53qPJ9nuJaV_w&t=1
    Aw man. Hope he has a sore head when he wakes up

ya thats seriously f*cked man

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

What a tool. serve that revenge icey cold!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think it's when the tutorial tips pop up on the top left of the screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just broke the seal on my game and am instantly disappointed ....... I was expecting a poster / map inside like most of their games have :mad:

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Just broke the seal on my game and am instantly disappointed ....... I was expecting a poster / map inside like most of their games have :mad:

Ah Team Bondi don't usually have maps with their games :) But ya I would have liked a map/poster with this. Actually would like an A1 poster of la noire.

Advertisement