Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Didn't even notice the lack of mappage, but now that I think of it, it would have been a nice touch. Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

If it's the only thing I have to complain about then life is good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Got it today. The first hour I was a bit meh, but god dammit its addictive. If it wasn't so well written and acted/voiced it would have fallen flat on its face. Finally, for me, the Interactive Movie has been realised.

The interface isn't great but it's like not being able to put down a book. Now I have to wait until the other half falls asleep before I continue. Gonna be an all nighter.

Still, I would have loved if it was set in the late 60's early 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can see them easily making a kind of sequel as in same game engine and features except set in a different decade. I would love more games like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The wierd regular click noise seemed to end after the early tutorial missions. Very odd, but happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

How do you repeat a case ? I can't figure it out

Tinie wrote: »
    How do you repeat a case ? I can't figure it out

You have to quit to the main menu. Then pressing up/down shows a new menu called Cases. You need to finish a case before you can replay it tho.

Bran, must have been like someone said about the tips appearing causing clicking noises. damn these nights shifts, I just wanna play this right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

calex71 wrote: »
    Just broke the seal on my game and am instantly disappointed ....... I was expecting a poster / map inside like most of their games have :mad:

I didnt even notice the lack of a map until you posted haha.
    I wasnt using the ingame map at all, just flying through the mission then i went into the map by mistake and almost had a conniption fit when I seen the size of the place.

holy crap i havent said conniption fit in years. lol. this game brings out the best of me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Felt the opening hour was quite poor but addicted now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Found three mad men characters so far (not including Cole) wonder if Pete Campbell shows up

• Advertisement

Just found the official app from brady games that gives you the full map and locations of the hidden stuff, cars, locations, etc. You can zoom in and out of the map and even tick off what you have. I'll admit i'm gonna be a trophy whore for this and try go for the platinum so i'm very tempted to get this at €2.10

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.plowdigital.lanoire&feature=search_result

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just finished disc 1. Truly remarkable game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Just finished disc 1. Really enjoyed it so far.

The facial animation is great and for some reason, I just love the notebook idea, flicking through all the things you come across, referring to your notebook, its like your notebook is the bible.

The driving is super sensitive compared to GTA, and you can really master it pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

I'm more of a pc gamer, and was browned off that this has not been released on pc, but is this worth getting for xbox anyway - or should I wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Still on disc 1...

of 1 :pac:

Interrogations can be frustrating. I'm guessing half the time.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Still on disc 1...

of 1 :pac:

HAHAHAHAHAHHA :D

Ya they can! The worst bit is when someone doesn't make a true/false statement like ' did he do it?' - 'oh him, don't worry about him, i'll handle him' - truth, doubt, lie :eek:. Am I saying I believe she will handle him or doubt just because she is hiding something.

Funniest interrogation moment so far was when I
    accused a rape victim of lying and backed it up with her torn underwear
    I was called a monster and thrown out hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Funniest interrogation moment so far was when I
    accused a rape victim of lying and backed it up with her torn underwear
    I was called a monster and thrown out hahaha

lolz i got all those questions wrong myself, felt like a right arse leaving the room:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

lolz i got all those questions wrong myself, felt like a right arse leaving the room:P
    I was cracking. I'm after getting kicked out a few times. I'd be a fecker of a cop

Ya, after making a complete balls of that interrogation (and the one before it
    movie star one fallen idol
    ) I just wanted to restart the case so went back to main screen and saw you can only retry a case after its been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just finished my first case as a traffic cop.
    The First part being on the beat feels a bit rushed and incoherant
    but it seems to settle down and I'm really into it and enjoying it.

Thankfully I usually take my time with console games spending so much time on the PC but can see myself really enjoying this

The feature to consult the community on questions, I think thats a terrific feature, granted it makes it easy mode its a really nice touch, found myself looking on the social club seeing how people solved the case differently to me.

So far so good and cant wait to get home this evening from work and get well stuck in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Doubt should have been called Bluff. Half the time I pick it I end up accusing them of something I didn't want to

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That is one annoyance. Fortunately you can back down from calling a lie instead of presenting evidence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

5uspect wrote: »
    That is one annoyance. Fortunately you can back down from calling a lie instead of presenting evidence.
    Dont you still get the question wrong though when you do that?

Im finding the interrogations really hard, starting to piss me off now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Dont you still get the question wrong though when you do that?

Im finding the interrogations really hard, starting to piss me off now!

Don't think so, I only did it once. He just says, "my mistake" and then you're back to your three choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

i found the first hour or so a bit boring but it is getting goodnow, the cases are starting to take longer and longer, when i saw there is only 21 cases and i had done 4 in an hour i was a bit worried but iv just finished 'slip of the tongue'(definitely have to replay it,i did awful in it) and i can see the cases taking up more and more of my time, my main problem with this is putting it down because i want to keep playing but i dont want it to end so soon

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I got the free mission thing from gamestop for the ps3, but where to i put in the code and when do i do it?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Liam90 wrote: »
    I got the free mission thing from gamestop for the ps3, but where to i put in the code and when do i do it?

thanks

You'll have to wait till Tuesday when the PSN store is up and running

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

First dlc is out in june

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/19/information-on-first-l-a-noire-dlc-leaks.aspx

I hope they release naked city and a slip of the tongue on psn soon,I want to get the trophies for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Just finished the homicide desk.
    I actually had an inkling of who the killer might be long before the reveal, some very subtle hints were dropped along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah Team Bondi don't usually have maps with their games :) But ya I would have liked a map/poster with this. Actually would like an A1 poster of la noire.

Team Bondi have made one game ...

Advertisement