Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Getting quite annoyed at the textures and graphics in this game. The more attention I pay, the more I realize how textures take ages to load.

Also, currently doing
    "Golden Butterfly Wings" (may not be the exact case name). When I was investigating the woman's body under the tree, her chest was totally pixelated when you zoomed in on the boot marks
    The structured missions layout as well having no real player influence to the outcome of the cases makes it fell like its not a rockstar game at all.
    Someone clearly never played GTA IV :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I honstly don't know why this is being compared to RDR or GTA4. Just because the R* name was attached didn't mean you were promised a free roaming world of side missions, it's not that kind of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    :confused: What were you expecting?

Some sort of a balance between realism and enjoyable gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Some sort of a balance between realism and enjoyable gameplay.

Meh, i'm having a blast anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Loving this game, the car handling is brilliant. Has anyone went online yet?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dunny! wrote: »

there is no online,Im enjoying it but its very linear.I'm gonna plough through it anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Dunny! wrote: »

There's no online mode in it, just single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Oh right, thought the "social club" thing was online or something.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Anyone get this in Tesco? And what price is it?

Im half tempted to pick it up tonight as everyone in my friends list is playing it!

I'm just trying to decide whether to get the ps3 one or the 360 one, most of my mates are online on xbox, but as there is no online component the ps3 may win this round.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dont mind it being linear, I prefer straight story based games to huge free roaming worlds, but its basically what happened Asassins Creed, big world, nothing to do in it. either make a game linear or free roaming not half of each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Why the hell is the braking in the cars so feckin terrible? Takes a half mile to stop ffs, my biggest gripe with the game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

my biggest gripe is the operator on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Why the hell is the braking in the cars so feckin terrible? Takes a half mile to stop ffs, my biggest gripe with the game so far.

Thats because brakes back then sucked. Oh, and handbrake FTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

Love this game! The interrogation is brilliant once you get the hang of it. Brilliant game so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

eugeneious wrote: »
    The interrogation is brilliant once you get the hang of it

they made a minor balls of it imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Helix wrote: »
    they made a minor balls of it imo
    Doubt shouldn't be there tbh.

Either lie truth or an option to intimidate the person you're talking to.

Lie and doubt are to close sometimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Yeah doubt and lie are a bit close alright. They always crack on ya instead of try to explain more and get rid of doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

The only difference is doubt is the option to pick when you haven't any evidence against them.

seanybiker wrote: »
    Yeah doubt and lie are a bit close alright. They always crack on ya instead of try to explain more and get rid of doubt.
    This is how it should go.

Stop ****ing me about *cue partners making him kiss interview table a few times till they give up the info you want*

eugeneious wrote: »
    The only difference is doubt is the option to pick when you haven't any evidence against them.
    I've only 2 cases that aren't 5, sometimes though it's pretty hard to choose which answer and what evidense supposrts it

• Advertisement

I think its an excellent system with some flaws but the best interrogation system i've ever seen in a game.
    2 main issues -
    1: You should see a preview of what Cole will say for each one
    2: You don't know if you are saying they are lying about the last answer they gave or being deceiptful in general. For the most part it works well tho. I've seen people complaining that the suspects give too much away with their cheesy acting but I think thats only at the start/middle to ease you into the interrogation proccess.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think its an excellent system with some flaws but the best interrogation system i've ever seen in a game.
    2 main issues -
    1: You should see a preview of what Cole will say for each one
    2: You don't know if you are saying they are lying about the last answer they gave or being deceiptful in general. For the most part it works well tho. I've seen people complaining that the suspects give too much away with their cheesy acting but I think thats only at the start/middle to ease you into the interrogation proccess.

The eyes bloody give away alot tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Well they are the gateway to the soul

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Only say lie if you have the evidence to back it up. If its a lie but without evidence, just doubt it for the most part

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I think its an excellent system with some flaws but the best interrogation system i've ever seen in a game

its the only actual interrogation system i can recall ever being in a game

unless we're classing the "interrogation" system from SCC?

Ya but i've been questioning people where they're eyes are darting around so I say doubt and end up being wrong (unless i was missing evidence to choose Lie)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've only 2 cases that aren't 5, sometimes though it's pretty hard to choose which answer and what evidense supposrts it

amen to that, I selected the wrong piece of evidence earlier and I had to restart the case again,very annoying.

amen to that, I selected the wrong piece of evidence earlier and I had to restart the case again,very annoying.

dont restart the case, instead quit to the dash/xmb and load the game again, youll start from the last load point as opposed to right from the start of the case

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

True that. I just look at eyes. If they do that cartoony jumpy from side to side then it means person is full of ****, then the worst part comes in: doubt or lie. Sometimes it's pure gamble.

In one case I loved a minor detail which just pointed that person is bull****ing even without eye effect. Witness grabed it's ather arm( sorry can't explain it, lack of body part names lol ) Any psychology book can tell you that people do this when person is nervous and lieng. Was a nice touch in game IMO.

• Advertisement

You didn't 'have' to restart haha, I plan on going back after the game is cleared to get 5 stars in all of them but just enjoying my 1st playthrough, mistakes an all.

Helix wrote: »
    its the only actual interrogation system i can recall ever being in a game

unless we're classing the "interrogation" system from SCC?

Interrogation system in ther CSI games. You had to present the right evidence to get them to confess. Fairly crap really as you didn't have much control over it.

Advertisement