Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

True that. I just look at eyes. If they do that cartoony jumpy from side to side then it means person is full of ****, then the worst part comes in: doubt or lie. Sometimes it's pure gamble.

In one case I loved a minor detail which just pointed that person is bull****ing even without eye effect. Witness grabed it's ather arm( sorry can't explain it, lack of body part names lol ) Any psychology book can tell you that people do this when person is nervous and lieng. Was a nice touch in game IMO.

If it comes down to doubt or lie then you just need to check your evidence for that particular question. If nothing you have backs it up but you know he's not telling the truth then just pick doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sheehy83 wrote: »
    If it comes down to doubt or lie then you just need to check your evidence for that particular question. If nothing you have backs it up but you know he's not telling the truth then just pick doubt.

Yup, I pretty much started to hold on this. I have to say even then there are scenarios which are doubtful.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Helix wrote: »
    its the only actual interrogation system i can recall ever being in a game

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Wasnt there that game on ds, with that bird man from comics too?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Want there that game on ds, with that bird man from comics too?

Harvey Birdman Attorney at Law - game was pretty much Phoenix Wright as far as I can gather, but probably the best animated show about a superhero who becomes a lawyer you'll find on TV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I plan on going back after the game is cleared to get 5 stars in all of them but just enjoying my 1st playthrough, mistakes an all.

To get the trophy do you have to complete all missions 5 star or just one?

To get the trophy do you have to complete all missions 5 star or just one?

Shamus to The Stars - Complete all cases with 5 stars

Theres a trophy for getting 5 stars in one case as well but gonna whore it out for the platinum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Helix wrote: »
    dont restart the case, instead quit to the dash/xmb and load the game again, youll start from the last load point as opposed to right from the start of the case
    You dont even need to go that far, just press start, and quit, then select resume. It always loads right before the interrogation/questioning etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Shamus to The Stars - Complete all cases with 5 stars

Theres a trophy for getting 5 stars in one case as well but gonna whore it out for the platinum.

I've turned into a trophy whore lately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

You dont even need to go that far, just press start, and quit, then select resume. It always loads right before the interrogation/questioning etc.

never even thought of that

• Advertisement

I've turned into a trophy whore lately :(

Ah I love getting trophies but some games deserve getting platinumed unlike others.....i'm looking at you Infamous - collect 987 pieces of rock my AAAAAAARRRRRRRSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

overall i am slightly disapointed by the game.I feel it is going to be very short with only 21 cases and there is not much action. The interogation is also a bit flawed imo. It is spectacular in some aspects but has its flaws.. The game is enjoyable but not as as entertaining as Red Dead Redemption.

MD1990 wrote: »
    overall i am slightly disapointed by the game.I feel it is going to be very short with only 21 cases and there is not much action. The interogation is also a bit flawed imo. It is spectacular in some aspects but has its flaws.. The game is enjoyable but not as as entertaining as Red Dead Redemption.

Ya I was hoping for another red dead type game too,after I read It wasn't I was disappointed but still wanted to try it.

I can only laugh at the people who got burnt 50 quid buying this expecting RDR.
    On a serious note, anyone on PS3 come across the Consuls Car exclusive case in Traffic or does it need to be downloaded from the PSN store when its back?

tumblr_l7xbnaUWvL1qa9deuo1_500.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

Lol I knew thus wuz gonna b ****tt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I didn't think it was gonna be like rdr at all. If I did I would be fairly dissapointed. I didn't really expect anything apart from it being good and I'm delighted that it is a cracker of a game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

I can only laugh at the people who got burnt 50 quid buying this expecting RDR.
    Laugh then, but some people may have been expecting a GTA type of game at least. Not everyone reads up on games on-line or watches gameplay videos, and the trailer made it look like a GTA type of game, especially with the rockstar tag, so its understandable if people misunderstood the game. I know a fair few people who are already sick of this game and people who don't really like it.

Its a decent game, but not a patch on Mass Effect 2 which its sort of like in terms of the dialogue feature, but one thing LA Noire and Red Dead definitely don't have in common is that RDR won many awards including game of the year, and LA Noire definitely wont win that, but I can see it winning a technical achievement award of some sort for sure though.

On a side note, who is the irish guy who plays the head officer in the police station? He must be irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

On a side note, who is the irish guy who plays the head officer in the police station? He must be irish![/QUOTE]

Sounds like Liam Neeson :cool:

Laugh then....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_OGQJi4R-KPsjJUTycRVioX04OtUzOKFXKdBKMcmWg7OOeT-d&t=1

Ahem, just my point. People saw the R* tag and 'expected' read dead redemption. Then when they forked out the money and saw that it was a linear detective game with very little action, they thought it was crap. Fact is this is a very good game, peoples expectations bring it down. Ya, it has its flaws but for a detective game (don't know what the genre is called but games like CSI and Grim Fandango maybe?) it is best in its class. Completely different to Mass Effect 2, which is also a fantastic game.

The best PS3 games I have played are Mass Effect 2, Portal 2 and LA Noire. I can't honestly say which is the better game because they are all different genres. I just hope the mislead purchases and bad user reviews don't affect Team Bondi from pushing forward and start making a sequel/new title.

As the for the awards comment, LA noire is only out a few days so its a bit premature for that although I'm sure RDR will win more awards in the long run as its open world sandbox appeals to a wider audience than the linear detective world that is LA Noire. Luckily awards don't mean anything to me, I know if I enjoy a game or not, saying that, I think R* made a balls of the missions in RDR.

End rant :)

markc91 wrote: »
    On a side note, who is the irish guy who plays the head officer in the police station? He must be irish!

[/QUOTE]

Full cast below, weird seeing all the actors for the characters.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1764429/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Jesus, so annoying.... had done a crime scene, found all clues, asked all questions etc so hopped back into my boat of a police cruiser and driving carelessly as I do ( I like knocking down light poles!) I hit one of the barriers surrounding the crime scene, bloody corrupted the crime scene and had to start over. AAAGH fuk right off!! So, beware people. Careless driving costs lives

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

What does the 100% trophy involve? I'm gonna guess all cases 5 star ratings, do the 40 side missions and pick up all 13 newspapers...

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

50 film reels as well i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

On to the second disc now, have to say i am enjoying it, it feels as close to heavy rain as i am going to play without buying a ps3.

I think the major factor for me enjoying this is i went in with no expectations, i didn't assume it was going to be another GTAIV (which i hate) or RDR (which i love). It is it's own IP, and while its not the perfect game by any standards, it is fresh and has some really clever ideas, especially the mechanic for climbing, opening doors, etc.

IMO if bondi take what they have done with this game, and add in more open world elements, and some improvements to the questioning/interrogation sections, then a sequel could very well be one of the best games ever. As it stands, i have this in my top ten.

It has been pointed out that it is full of repitition, well. show me a game that isn't, especially in the single player. As an example, AC:B was one of my favourite games of late, but it is very samey, and i gave up on COD for the same reason, had seen it all before. At least with LA Noire, while it isn't perfect, it offers something new, and in the end, isn't that what we, as gamers, want?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Ahem, just my point. People saw the R* tag and 'expected' read dead redemption. Then when they forked out the money and saw that it was a linear detective game with very little action, they thought it was crap. Fact is this is a very good game, peoples expectations bring it down. Ya, it has its flaws but for a detective game (don't know what the genre is called but games like CSI and Grim Fandango maybe?) it is best in its class. Completely different to Mass Effect 2, which is also a fantastic game.

The best PS3 games I have played are Mass Effect 2, Portal 2 and LA Noire. I can't honestly say which is the better game because they are all different genres. I just hope the mislead purchases and bad user reviews don't affect Team Bondi from pushing forward and start making a sequel/new title.

As the for the awards comment, LA noire is only out a few days so its a bit premature for that although I'm sure RDR will win more awards in the long run as its open world sandbox appeals to a wider audience than the linear detective world that is LA Noire. Luckily awards don't mean anything to me, I know if I enjoy a game or not, saying that, I think R* made a balls of the missions in RDR.

End rant :)
    Yeah, its got stiff competition from Deadly Premonition for that title :pac:

Ok, I like the game, its good, but I see what Propane means. Every game rockstar have made or published, on current gen at least, has been open world, and not linear if im not mistaken. So people expecting open world will obviously be disappointed. Sorry but when RDR came out, people were saying GOTY candidate after a few days, same for Mass Effect 2, and rightly so, but I have not heard any reputable people saying that for LA Noire.

Obviously you like this game, and don't like RDR, so will defend LA Noire every time, but the bit about rockstar making a balls of the missions in RDR? How do you explain that all the GOTY awards then man? Obviously they do mean something, as it means you released the best game of that year! SO does the Oscars and Grammys mean nothing either? :confused: Why do companies sometimes put the awards they won on the covers? Thats the first person I heard say that.

Also, I have found it very hard to warm or care about these characters, something which I should do, with the facial technology and all...

I cared more about Nico Belic for christ sake :pac::pac:

One thing I love about this game is the radio station, thank god I preorder in Gamestop! But has anyone else felt the atmosphere to be a bit lacking in this game? In terms of the city feeling real and lifelike! It feels and sounds very quiet and monotonous at times. Im comparing directly to GTA4 and I feel its not as life like in that respect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I certainly wasn't expecting RDR with this game, I found RDR to be incredibly boring at times and vastly overrated, and I wouldn't have gone near LA Noire if I had thought it would be in any way similar.

But the boredom has begun to set in with LA Noire too, I've made it to the second case in Vice and I just have no motivation to go back to the game at all. There is just not enough variety to the way you investigate the cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Just finished the last case.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

partyndbs wrote: »
    Lol I knew thus wuz gonna b ****tt

Look at the bright side, now you won't be spending time playing this instead of practising on your Speak And Spell.

Johner wrote: »
    Just finished the last case.
    :(

lol, nice on lad.

anyway, anyone knows how much would i get trade in for this? i cant see spending much time on it, but i would prefer get pc version of brink or witcher 2 instead, while this game still hassome sort of value.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Best bet would be ebay or adverts tbh, you might get €40 credit trade in max!

Advertisement