Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Haven't found one film reel so far, ten cases in

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

ShaneU wrote: »
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm slightly disappointed by this, but am still really enjoying it. I'm not liking the repetative chasing of suspects. Or the driving. In fact, I think my problem is with the GTA styled stuff. The rest plays out like a point and click adventure, which I'm loving. The interrogations are well done, although the acting can be atrocious at times (and the main actor is terrible). By no means Game Of The Year material, but it's good fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

ShaneU wrote: »
    There's film reels? Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Anyone know when the just picked fruit market actually opens?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

end of the case nearly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

end of the case nearly

So it's story based and not time based?

Well that's ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

It is story bvased you've to discover other stuff first iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

end of the case nearly

Yeah that's right. Dunno why I'm saying that as you know it already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I'm very dissapointed. I think I need to take a break for a while.

I'm enjoying the storyline, some of the secondary characters acting is great (unlike Cole who is atrocious), the atmosphere is as good as I've ever seen, and the face animation is unbelievable.

....but

Its ridiculously linear and repetitive!

Go to crime scene, find clue to where they shop/drink/live.

Go there. Suspect runs away. Chase them over rooftops. etc. etc.

There is no skill or thinking involved whatsoever, you just walk around a room waiting for the controller to buzz.

The interview system gets stale after about 3 or 4 missions when its the same thing over and over. Particularly annoying is when Cole says some mad **** when thats not what you wanted him to say at all. Its should be like other games where it shows you what he's going to say before he comes out with it.

I really don't like Cole. He can be normal some times, and at other times just tears the head off random strangers who you are asking questions of. I'd prefer if I was the one who got to choose what type of personality my character had. I could do things by the book or be a maverick so to speak.

I've just completed the homicide desk, and started on a few of the Vice cases, but tbh I don't have much interest in slogging through the rest of the missions if they're going to be this dull to play.

What might have saved this game is if they had a fun mode, that you could select from the main menu. Maybe you could select that mode and just fcuk about being a criminal and going on shooting sprees alá GTA. It would allow you to take a bit of a break from the tediom of following the exact same formula for every mission.

It could have been good, but it needs a lot of work. I love this world, so maybe the DLC might be interesting if they try and make something a bit more fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Regarding the interview system...

At times im unsure if a suspect is lying or not so i press doubt...then Cole goes crazy at the suspect while other times he just says 'come on, we know thats not what happened'.

I played it for 5 hours yesterday and i dont know if i want to play it anymore.Its not that its a bad game,its just boring.The missions all follow the same routine, theres no where in the city that you can go and just -car play around,and i would of loved some in radio stations like GTA ( 40s music would be great )

Looking for clues reminds me of Shenmue on the dreamcast,In shenmue you had the arcades,forklift races and various shops and collectables to pass the time if you just wanted to take a break from the story, in this theres nothing unless you enjoy driving 1940s bangers around the city.

I was really looking forward to this as i dont see anything coming out until Battlefield 3 that i really want.I keep telling myself to play on -things might get abit more exciting but really ,LA Noire is just an interative movie.

Maybe im being to harsh, theres is alot of positives in the game.The graphics,facial expressions and overall presentation of the game are fantastic.

Good idea, good base of which to make an sequel/spinoff but its still a let down for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's a snooze fest imo, I knew like others did we were not getting gta/rdr but I'm reaching for match sticks to keep my eyes open now.

Agree with the comments regards cole going off on one when you don't want him to.

Also considering the size of the the map, it seems that it's just big for the sake of it, it's 99% filler for the other 1% that has been utilized so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Best bet would be ebay or adverts tbh, you might get €40 credit trade in max!
    would they really give me 40 quid trade in value? ipayed 50 for it i think... if they give 40 i iwll be in gamestop tommorow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    i would of loved some in radio stations like GTA ( 40s music would be great )
    Open your ears :p There's music, news, and radio serials (which can actually be funny at times!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

would they really give me 40 quid trade in value? ipayed 50 for it i think... if they give 40 i iwll be in gamestop tommorow...

I was told 20 cash, 32 store credit or 40 towards duke nukem.

Xtra vision offered me 30 cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I was told 20 cash, 32 store credit or 40 towards duke nukem.

Xtra vision offered me 30 cash.

well thats crap... 32 quid...

why 40 towards duke?

why 40 towards duke?

That is just what the guy said, as it was the best deal.

I think i will take the 30 from xtravision and suck up the loss :).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Yeah, I think I might trade this in and just take my loss. I've had it with this monotonous gameplay.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

moonboy52 wrote: »
    That is just what the guy said, as it was the best deal.

I think i will take the 30 from xtravision and suck up the loss :).

did you finish the game?

did you finish the game?

I am on case 14 i think.

The game had advanced storytelling in games a lot, but anything apart from the cases is not implemented very well and even alot of the cases are getting repetitive

I do not think i could play it agin when i finish it to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

Traded it today. Smyths are doing a 45 quid trade on it so only lost a fiver. You are led through the game too much and you cant fail. That made it a bit boring for me. More watching then gameplay.

No reply value in it for me as I am not really into stats and getting that one question right next time round.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

eco2live wrote: »
    Traded it today. Smyths are doing a 45 quid trade on it so only lost a fiver. You are led through the game too much and you cant fail. That made it a bit boring for me. More watching then gameplay.

No reply value in it for me as I am not really into stats and getting that one question right next time round.

I better finish it quick and trade it in at that price so :-P

I better finish it quick and trade it in at that price so :-P

I bought it in Smyths. They have a 15 day buy back deal on big games. Its handy for those types of games with no online. Cheaper then renting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Last night shift of the week, can't wait to get stuck back into this tomorrow!
    I heard the film reels are in very obscure places altogether, have to agree that the map is really wasted with the size and detail in it! I think this is gonna have the Mass Effect 2 effect on me where I just have to buy any DLC that comes out for it, hope its not too expensive.

Is the Consuls Car case in the PS3 version?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Do you have to prove you bought it from them to get that deal?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Last night shift of the week, can't wait to get stuck back into this tomorrow!
    I heard the film reels are in very obscure places altogether, have to agree that the map is really wasted with the size and detail in it! I think this is gonna have the Mass Effect 2 effect on me where I just have to buy any DLC that comes out for it, hope its not too expensive.

Is the Consuls Car case in the PS3 version?
    Going to be 800 MS points a pop or €7/8 approx... not really worth it I think, as you can finish a case in 20-30 mins.

Going to try and get this finished ASAP and get it traded in, complete snorefest, one of the most disappointing games ive ever played

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tinie wrote: »
    Going to be 800 MS points a pop or €7/8 approx... not really worth it I think, as you can finish a case in 20-30 mins.

Going to try and get this finished ASAP and get it traded in, complete snorefest, one of the most disappointing games ive ever played

Jaysus 7 quid a case might be a bit steep. I heard they had a Burgulary and Fraud desk but were scrapped. I wouldn't mind paying 10/12 euro for a new desk maybe.

Do you have to prove you bought it from them to get that deal?

Don't know mate TBH. I did not have my receipt with me today and they just did it without asking. I don't know if the till has a record of the barcode. Just say you lost the receipt. Worth a try if there is one near ya. It has to be 15 days or less from the release date of the game.

I bought it in Smyths. They have a 15 day buy back deal on big games. Its handy for those types of games with no online. Cheaper then renting it.

oh :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

if anyone has a spare one id be much obliged!

Advertisement