Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

yekahS wrote: »

There is no skill or thinking involved whatsoever, you just walk around a room waiting for the controller to buzz.

errrr turn the hints off then? :confused:

No point moaning about the hints when you can turn them off, I turned them off as soon as i started and was aware I could

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You'd really be better off asking in the main thread for LA Noire as there are a few people trading this in and mightn't have used the code.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056087128

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

Finished this earlier on, thought it was brilliant. I'm going back over all the cases now so I can get 5 stars in all them.

The one thing I didn't like was the foot chase scenes. All the jumps and climbs were done by just holding R2. Would have made them a bit more of a challenge if there was a separate button for jumping and climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Are the codes for the DLC are individual, or are they the same? reason I ask is, when I got the code in gamestop for the "Slip of the Tongue" DLC it was just handed to me on a sheet of photocopied paper, so I think the codes are the same and probably useable more than once. If anyone out there bought a copy from Game and wants to PM me the code for the "Naked City" bonus content they got I can send them on mine and we can see...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

whats all the talk about DLC?...im buying it in xtravision on tuesday will i not receive any DLC code?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Arciphel wrote: »
    Are the codes for the DLC are individual, or are they the same? reason I ask is, when I got the code in gamestop for the "Slip of the Tongue" DLC it was just handed to me on a sheet of photocopied paper, so I think the codes are the same and probably useable more than once. If anyone out there bought a copy from Game and wants to PM me the code for the "Naked City" bonus content they got I can send them on mine and we can see...
    If anyone does PM you a code, I advise the person sending it to use the code first, as I can assure you for xbox 360 they are unique codes. I sold mine on ebay for €21.

Thanks Tinie, I didn't know that. As I said, I don't know anyone else who bought it in Gamestop so didn't know if they were unique codes or not. Looked like they were all just photocopied pieces of paper with the same codes on them for the DLC and also to download the soundtrack from the Rockstar website...

MarkY91 wrote: »
    whats all the talk about DLC?...im buying it in xtravision on tuesday will i not receive any DLC code?

Not sure what DLC (if any) that Xtra-Vision were offering with it.

I doubt very much that the same DLC code will work for different users. Strange Gamestop gave them out on white sheets of paper. As soon as the PSN store is up, i'm trying the code 1st thing.

Marky, different shops were giving different DLC in the form extra cases or weapons and suits but don't know if this was just for preorder or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

just finished it execellent game top notch graphics brillent story but id have no desire to replay it again

so thinking of tradeing it in in gamestop

never traded in a game before
    so if bought on friday and bring it back in tomorrow how much would i get back:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

I'm really loving this,i guess its different strokes and all that. Its a slow paced game with absolutely mind blowing graphics in places. I have about 37% of the game complete since Friday playing a few hours at a time. I loved both Red dead redemption and GTA4, both games i have often seen slated on here.....
    One downside to LA noire is that the massive map is wasted. There is no incentive to drive anywhere other than the next destination.

As i said its different strokes for different folks. I bought games like Crysis 2 and batman arkham asylum after seeing people drooling over them on here. Batman was ok but ended up being a chore for me to finish. Crysis 2 inc online play was just Sh*te and i traded it in against LA Noire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I doubt very much that the same DLC code will work for different users. Strange Gamestop gave them out on white sheets of paper. As soon as the PSN store is up, i'm trying the code 1st thing.

Marky, different shops were giving different DLC in the form extra cases or weapons and suits but don't know if this was just for preorder or not.

This is normal for game stop , they are printed from the computer as opposed to having scratch cards for every one who pre orders, makes total sense as that way they get allocated the exact number of codes they need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

What a terrible game. I mean its just sooooo boring. I have got to the arson desk and realized I am sitting in a mans office asking him are his installers licensed and accredited..... zzzzzzz... I dont give a f**k! Some may call it puerile but if I wanted to do this kinda **** I would be in work, games are escapism and in them I want to do things I cant do anywhere else in my life like fly fighter jets, shoot spaceships out of the sky and save the world.... NOT play what is a tarted up point and click adventure game. POS, I have no idea how this game got the reviews it did.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

I bought mine in Gamestop on ps3 with no pre-booking. Would that have come with a DLC code. If it did anyone who wants it can PM me and have it for free, I've no interest in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Not that impressed with L.A Noire to be honest, don't get me wrong it's great to see Rockstar pushing the boundaries with the facial capture technology but the game is far to linear for me, you literally just go from case to case you can't even draw your weapon when free roaming there's not a whole lot to do really :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'm really mixed on this. It has moments of brilliance but is so linear and at times very frustrating.

I'm half way through homicide and have enjoyed the cases. The game's handling of mature content is better than most. There also seems to be
    an underlying plot developing
    which is keeping things interesting. The acting of most of the characters is excellent for video game standards.

The interrogation system really needs work though and is very frustrating at times. There is often little to go on even if you have collected all available clues. Cole's level of aggression when using the doubt option is.....schizophrenic at best.

There could be some more bonuses to incentivise exploring the city. Also maybe it's just because I'm not that far in, but I would like a bit more variety.

I had really hyped this up in my head before it came out. In fact it's the first game I've bought at launch in a long time. I have to admit I'm somewhat disappointed on the whole :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 TobesYid

Overall very pleased with this game, sure there is issues with repetition in the gameplay, one dimensional chase scenes etc., but it's a fine effort by Team Bondi & R*, well done.

A big fan of the facial tech, voice acting, the sublime soundtrack. the whole authenticity of the 40s recreated within a game. Looking forward to a sequel...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

TobesYid wrote: »
    Overall very pleased with this game, sure there is issues with repetition in the gameplay, one dimensional chase scenes etc., but it's a fine effort by Team Bondi & R*, well done.

A big fan of the facial tech, voice acting, the sublime soundtrack. the whole authenticity of the 40s recreated within a game. Looking forward to a sequel...
    If its delayed like this game, we may see it in, oh... about 2016 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

hightower1 wrote: »
    games are escapism and in them I want to do things I cant do anywhere else in my life like fly fighter jets, shoot spaceships out of the sky and save the world....
    It's not every day you get to solve the Black Dahlia murder.

I'll throw it out there because I'm thinking it...................... anyone wish True Crime had not been canceled :confused: I know I do :(

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    I'll throw it out there because I'm thinking it...................... anyone wish True Crime had not been canceled :confused: I know I do :(

So much so that I wrote an email to United Front Games telling them how pissed off I was that Activision cancelled it and hoped it got picked up by someone else as it was 'mostly complete'. Doubt it ever will tho. The gameplay trailer making the rounds looked absolutely class and was sickened when I heard it was cancelled!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So much so that I wrote an email to United Front Games telling them how pissed off I was that Activision cancelled it and hoped it got picked up by someone else as it was 'mostly complete'. Doubt it ever will tho. The gameplay trailer making the rounds looked absolutely class and was sickened when I heard it was cancelled!

From everything that got put out about it, it needs to be played !!!!!!!!

calex71 wrote: »
    From everything that got put out about it, it needs to be played !!!!!!!!

From the free running chases (which I thought LA Noire would fulfill but didn't really) to the car and motorbike chases and the fighting just looked so class.

Sorry to be keeping this off topic but that was the biggest gaming disappointment this year

(waits for someone to say LA Noire was the biggest gaming disappointment this year :))

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

40% complete at the moment and all I can think of is that it rivals Assassin's Creed I for the amount of repetition there is, other than that though it's good. not as amazing as i'd thought it would be though

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Cummybaby

I think LA Noire was a major missed opportunity. The real history of LA in the 30's and 40's is rich with notoriety - drugs, extortion, prostitution, corruption - and not that removed from the film stars of its' day (just think of LA Confidential). I was really getting into to this - especially the authenticity of the environment and characters. The Irish homicide captain is brilliant. However it is beginning to bore the s**t out of my arse.

I know you are suppose to be chasing a serial murder but every case is exactly the same. Some woman is brutally murdered, Phelps investigates, he searches the area, finds clues, interrogates the suspects and charges someone. This is repeated over and over. Plus you have two back-stories running concurrently - Phelps in WW2 and the Dr. Fontaine episodes. Both add absolutely nothing to do the story. The shoot outs aren't even that difficult. Why couldn't they mix it up? For instance Phelps investigating a major drug racket, the death of his partner, corruption in the police force, racketeering etc.

I am about half way through the game and have lost most interest to the point where I'm following the walkthroughs online so can speed to the end. Thank the lord that Xtra Vision buys back second hand games otherwise I would be really p****ed off. What do other people think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

just finished.....so this is the same anti climax feeling my bird has. MEH

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

Best moment of the game so far came for me when Phelps suddenly explodes in 'doubt' and
    threatens to label a lowly forger or something as a child molester and have him sent to jail for nigh on 10 years.
    Maniac :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

is brink any good? ill be trading this in for sure when i beat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

hightower1 wrote: »
    What a terrible game. I mean its just sooooo boring. I have got to the arson desk and realized I am sitting in a mans office asking him are his installers licensed and accredited..... zzzzzzz... I dont give a f**k! Some may call it puerile but if I wanted to do this kinda **** I would be in work, games are escapism and in them I want to do things I cant do anywhere else in my life like fly fighter jets, shoot spaceships out of the sky and save the world.... NOT play what is a tarted up point and click adventure game. POS, I have no idea how this game got the reviews it did.

You bought a game about a police officer and are pissed off you have to act like a police officer? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

I've just been
    promoted to the vice squad
    :cool:

Advertisement