Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Loco wrote: »
    Anyone else not impressed?

The interrogation system is poor.

Half the time, it doesn't seem to matter what you select. The dialogue options are ambiguous / random.

Anyone have a good walk-through link? Want to get this over with quickly.

The detailed faces are good, as is the music and character voices. Rest has been fairly linear & dull so far though.

It does matter, and it will take you a while to get the hang of it. You really need to read and observe every piece of evidence you have so you know what to ask, and what you can prove is a lie. It wasn't until the Homicide cases that I really understood the working of it properly.

Try and get deeper immersed in it. I'm on Disc 3 now and the whole thing has been far from being dull.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Controls are so terrible on the
    chandelier
    part, what were they thinking.

Yeah I had the same problem. Twelve attempts and all he did was move in a circle :D The only action sequence I've actually skipped in the game so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭K.C

Eventually caved and bought this game. Was an hour into it and really enjoying it and the f***in electricty went. A very good game in my opinion, different than anything I've played and so far thoroughly enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Homicide ending spoiler
    I guessed the killer, anyone else? Once the guy in the pub mentioned the temp bartender and they didn't even mention I had a feeling it was him

Homicide ending spoiler
    I guessed the killer, anyone else? Once the guy in the pub mentioned the temp bartender and they didn't even mention I had a feeling it was him
    It didn't really make sense to me, although I did play the homicide desk over 2days in bits and pieces. There was one guy in the last case (where you talk with the daughter before he gets home) that really seemed to click in to place with the evidence of the serial killer (access to braided rope, most likely works with boats (statue of a boat in his house, and one outside the house as well with the rope missing from it). While I was looking around and seeing those things, I really did think I'd nailed the guy responsible for all the murders.

Then it turned out it wasn't him at all. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Some of the complaints are odd.

The cars handle badly complaint, well yes they handle badly just like 1940's cars !
    It is boring because you can't free roam? Its boring because you can't wander around doing nothing !
    The missions are all the same? Its a game where you play a detective who investigates crime scenes then interrogates people and tries to solve the crimes and people are surprised when you have to investigate a crime scene then interrogate the suspects ?
    Its not like RDR or GTA ? Of course its not its a different game from different developers!
    The game gives you hints its too easy? Turn off the hints !!

• Advertisement

I would say the cars handle a hell of a lot better than 1940's cars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

And FYI, you can free roam. Go to the main menu > Cases. It's in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I would say the cars handle a hell of a lot better than 1940's cars.

Better than they did in mafia 2 aswell :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Or the Godfather game?

5uspect wrote: »
    Or the Godfather game?

Those cars were like trying to drive a snackbox full of stones :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Some of the Hidden cars that you can find are really cool, I got into the Ford H-Boy for example and it was tearing around the place :D Also, the Delage D8-120 is awesome, great handling, but awful brakes as you'd expect ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

DarkJager wrote: »
    Those cars were like trying to drive a snackbox full of stones :D

I just ran everywhere most of the time in the godfather game

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Kharn wrote: »
    Some of the Hidden cars that you can find are really cool, I got into the Ford H-Boy for example and it was tearing around the place :D Also, the Delage D8-120 is awesome, great handling, but awful brakes as you'd expect ;)

Wait till you find the Phantom Corsair, its amazing looking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

yekahS wrote: »
    Had you bought it there? I'll be down in a flash if I can get that deal.

I had not bought it there. Just walked in and he offered me the trade in value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

UfSzk.jpg

Healium wrote: »
    UfSzk.jpg

Its funny cos its so true :D

"I'm sorry to tell you your mother is dead"

*sobs*

"Can you answer some questions?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

To be fair:
    The cars handle badly complaint, well yes they handle badly just like 1940's cars !
    Actually they're nothing like 1940's cars. They're incredibly arcady with bad brakes. To be honest, I don't care how they handle. The car chases are the weakest part of the game, and I'm just happy that the cars are easy enough to use so that you can get through the section quickly enough. The only time the handling comes into question is when you're trying to get through a case with zero damage.
    It is boring because you can't free roam? Its boring because you can't wander around doing nothing !
    It's more a case of there being a huge open city with nothing to do in it. It's a huge waste of time for the developers to create the city and leave it empty. There's so much more they could have done to add a bit of longevity to the game.
    The missions are all the same? Its a game where you play a detective who investigates crime scenes then interrogates people and tries to solve the crimes and people are surprised when you have to investigate a crime scene then interrogate the suspects ?
    But the missions are fairly identical. That's the problem. You can easily confuse the cases as they play out in the exact same way. It would have been nice if the developers could have mixed it up a little. What you actually do durign a case isn't an issue for me, as I enjoy it. It's just the repetative nature that could have been worked on.
    Its not like RDR or GTA ? Of course its not its a different game from different developers!
    This is what happens when people don't read up on games before buying them. Personally, I think they deserve to have their money taken off them and disappointed, but I'm bitter like that. :D
    The game gives you hints its too easy? Turn off the hints !!
    And then it becomes a pixel hunt, which is a major gripe people have with point and click adventures. There's no winning here though. It's either too easy or too hard. But there's no simple solution to sorting this problem out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Finish the game, although it looks stunning, all in all the game was disappointing, i expected better things with R* putting their name to it, it just got so repetitive and boring after a while

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

These interrogations are just becoming an ambiguous game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Is the whole cast of Mad Men in the game?? Im expecting Don Draper to appear on a crime scene any minute now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I've counted 5 at least.

On to the last Vice case now I think.
    I wish I had the option of going bad cop just to put a bullet in Roy Earl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kenichi66

I never play, but i think that i'll buy it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Between purchasing this on friday and trading it in today I put it back in its box 5 times to trade it in in disgust, and took it out 4 times to have another go. I think the reason for this is that, imho, the setting is fantastic and is a major draw, while the implementation of the gameplay is seriously poor.

The city is fantastic, atmosphere really good and playing a dectective in the 40's is a great alternative to testosterone fueled alien genocide (whoda thunked that?).

But the main gameplay elements are poor:
    • walking/ running - walking seems to be taken from RE1; substantial overrun at the end of running sequences; the game sometimes 'leading' the character around corners during chases
    • Driving - I wish both front wheels turned together. (I dont accept the argument above re 1940's cars, I doubt that the game achieves historical accuracy throughout; give my character tuberculosis or polio if thats the aim:D)
    • Investigating a crimescene - the investigate item mechanism is painfully slow:mad:. It was also all too set up for the player.
    • Interrogation - eh, right, emm....I guess.....'DOUBT', yeah thats it, I doubt your response, madam........No. NOOOOOO! Dont react like that. I just picked doubt. Great, my character has tourettes!:mad:
    But the city, its fantastic! Then the map just highlights how much you are not really part of this whole city, just small selected bits. Team Bondi could have set the game on coronation street and had cole go between the corner shop and the pub repeatidily.:D

And all of the above adds up to the real gamebreaker for me - a complete disconnection from the game. The game leads the player too much, essentially removing you from the game constantly. True, the game is best as a linear game, and of course it was always going to be a cutscene heavy game, but the balance is wrong. For example, on reaching a destination (within 50 yards or so of it) the game removes you into a cutscene of Cole walking to a door and then knocking on it. FFS just let me drive through the front door, apprehend the 'guilty' husband and frisk the wife (I can gather the case evidence later) at my own choice. I felt the game turned almost everything into a cutscene. The only freedom and control I felt was once kicking an apartment door in, and on leaving I kicked the same door out - great door hinges in the 40's.:D

Its all a pity as the base for the game is great. I expect a leap forward similar to that in AC1 to AC2 for the sequel, then I will expect a really good game. This game was unfortunately disappointing.

Well done Team Bondi on the IP and the facial movement tech, and gathering such an array of actors. They just should have concentrated a lot more on the actual gameplay and player interaction. My controller spent too much time staring at the screen! In essence, that to me is not the definition of a good game!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

picked it up today, played a few missions im fairly enjoying it.

noticed some flaws...when doing chases my characted dissapeared once and he ended up behind me down a lane:confused:

turning in cars is fcuked up too sensitive?..i dont care if its the 1940s blah blah just as the man above said!...

im really enjoying it keeps you really into the storyline unlike other games *COUGH* COD *COUGH* but once i finish it i fail to see why one would keep it?..well thats me anyways ill try finish it and return it within the date on the receipt:P..love the character too

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 28 _mark_08_

I would give the game 9 out of 10, I think it is gonna be up there for game of the summer, so far the story line is good, on disc two now.

I've seen numerous instances now where the characters speak about previous cases and are completely wrong, saying that you arrested someone else, or that they're happy with your decision when they were furious at you about it in the previous case. You'd think they could at least change the dialogue to reflect the choices you've made, very poor from rockstar. Ultimately the decisions you make have no impact on any of the other cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Hi Guys
    Did any of ye get this in gamestop with the code for the soundtrack it said go on to there website to download it but i could not find it can someone please help me with this thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Thanks Alot Daemos

Advertisement