Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Just finished it there... So End of game spoilers...

Well, the ending makes it feel like the whole game was worth nothing! Why kill off the main character in such a cheap way? I thought Cole was a much better lead than Kelso, which I assume will be the main character in the squeal. Also, can someone explain, is there a underlining message in those flashbacks to the war or what are they really about? What is the point in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Check your page charlie

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has anyone gotten any of the hidden trophies yet?

Has anyone gotten any of the hidden trophies yet?
    I've 1000 pointed it, trophies are always the same so yup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

How long did it take to mop up the film reels ? I guess that was the last thing you did no?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is there any list of them anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is there any list of them anywhere?

Full list here including hidden ones, working my way throug. congrats on the full collection man!

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/la-noire/trophies/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Although it can be a little buggy sometimes I suggest you use the rockstar socialclub website to find which collectibles you're missing.
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/lan/checklist.html

Although it can be a little buggy sometimes I suggest you use the rockstar socialclub website to find which collectibles you're missing.
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/lan/checklist.html

whos-awesome-awesome-demotivational-poster-1264879781.jpg

It can take a while to update but very useful all the same. Might need to sync your trophies while you're at it to get it up to date.

• Advertisement

And here is a nice guide to getting 5* in the cases http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=311447

Anyway, just finished homicide, the last one was the best in the game so far , for all my giving out about it. I copped who it was early when the
    the guy in another bar mentioned they had a temp in the night before

That official R* social club stat tracker is class! Even has a full map of the hidden items you found, a friend found, both found and locations of not found yet! gonna use this to pick up film reels for the rest of the campaign!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Picked up this today after pre ordering it last week.Was sick all weekend that I spent playing Phoenix Wright.I was enjoying it up until the Fallen Idol case its just that the Interogations are as inconsistent as feck.There doesn't seem to be much of a difference in Doubt & Lie.They should of put in Push instead of Doubt it'd be handier to get more information rather than accuse them.I am a bit of a perfectionist in games like this so I may be on my own thinking this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

11 cases down, ten to go.

The homicide missions seem rushed. The 2nd in particular:
    two suspects with tonnes of evidence against each, and it all seemed to be down to a random pick at the end. Indeed, the way the plot is going I'm guessing there might be a reversal? It felt wrong having to choose a suspect I was far from confident charging.

Still enjoying it, but there are a few storytelling inconsistencies for sure!

calex71 wrote: »
    How long did it take to mop up the film reels ? I guess that was the last thing you did no?
    actually vehicles and driving took the longest as i fast travelled alot. Roughly 30 hours

two suspects with tonnes of evidence against each, and it all seemed to be down to a random pick at the end. Indeed, the way the plot is going I'm guessing there might be a reversal? It felt wrong having to choose a suspect I was far from confident charging.

Just after finishing up in Homicide myself there. I felt the exact same way as yourself when doing a couple of cases in the Homicide. Some did seem rushed and left you with a feeling
    that things could have been fleshed out a little better. Maybe just enough to not make it feel like there could be a reversal at the end.
    Like yourself johnny, I got that feeling the whole way through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

My preorder from Play.com that was posted over a week ago STILL hasn't arrived. Not cool Play.com, not... fluppin cool.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

My preorder from Play.com that was posted over a week ago STILL hasn't arrived. Not cool Play.com, not... fluppin cool.... :mad:

Thats usual of Play, they take around 10 working days. I stopped using them over a year ago and use Amazon instead, cheaper and free delivery that takes 2 working days. You'd have to be crazy to buy from Play unless they have an exceptional deal on, they rob everyone paying in € with their magical conversion rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭nursextreme

Thats usual of Play, they take around 10 working days. I stopped using them over a year ago and use Amazon instead, cheaper and free delivery that takes 2 working days. You'd have to be crazy to buy from Play unless they have an exceptional deal on, they rob everyone paying in € with their magical conversion rate.

Got my pre-order from Amazon last Monday first pre-order from them, quicker than I expected. Was meant to get exclusive pre order content "The Broderick" Outfit, no code or instructions on how to get it unfortunately. Any Ideas?

Got my pre-order from Amazon last Monday first pre-order from them, quicker than I expected. Was meant to get exclusive pre order content "The Broderick" Outfit, no code or instructions on how to get it unfortunately. Any Ideas?

Check your e-mail, last time I pre-odered from them, they sent it to me via e-mail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Anybody else finding themselves hanging around the main menu to listen to the theme music?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

DarkJager wrote: »
    Anybody else finding themselves hanging around the main menu to listen to the theme music?? :D

I did, have it on my ipod too :cool:

I find myself humming that tune a lot when i'm not playing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aaronh007 wrote:
    Went against my better judgement with regards Play.com and pre-ordered with them. Hoping it goes the way of their track record with me and it arrives 6 days late, so that it comes after my exams. If not, and it arrives on time, I won't mind too much :p

My plan worked to absolute perfection. Couldn't have planned it better... Finished my last exam today at 12, came home and the game was waiting for me. Cannae wait to get cracking :D

Did you get an email last Monday per chance? They are always late... always. Never ever preorder with play unless you actually have a reason to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

No, didnt get any email on monday, except one confirming my order. Why, did you get one from them?

Now that I think of it, I have finished the Traffic desk but there was no Consul's Car case (ps3 exclusive). Anyone know to get this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Just finished that one myself. Christ I made a balls of it, only got one star :p
    I interrogated the husband first but didn't charge him. Then I went to the pervert but I couldn't charge him with anything, even though I thought he did it. Then the husband is released, but the janitor from the school, who just happens to be in the station at the time
    :rolleyes:,
    identifies him as the guy who parked the car. Cue a car chase through back alleys until he drives straight into a tram. At least it resulted in my favourite line of the game so far, continuing their 'occam's razor' talk: "There's a deux ex machina for you"
    :D

Daemos wrote: »
    Just finished that one myself. Christ I made a balls of it, only got one star :p
    I interrogated the husband first but didn't charge him. Then I went to the pervert but I couldn't charge him with anything, even though I thought he did it. Then the husband is released, but the janitor from the school, who just happens to be in the station at the time :rolleyes:, identifies him as the guy who parked the car. Cue a car chase through back alleys until he drives straight into a tram. At least it resulted in my favourite line of the game so far: "There's a deux ex machina for you"
    :D

That ending sounds class! ya, tbh
    I didn't think either of them did it. I'm just on the 4th Homicide case but I feel that that the last 3 cases had the suspects all set up by someone else. Especially the Silk Stocking Murder. Whatever happened the Brown Ford Coupe lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am still in very begginig and I am a bit confused in one case. Just abou when I started enjoying the game it became so random to ****... With few things droped at you randomly.

I am starting to enjoy it, but **** me... Some design choises make you wonder....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

I'm a good couple of case's in and i wasn't too pushed about getting the game and tbh i'm not all that enjoying it. Some of the stuff's very impressive and it is a good game. I just can't get into it.

Advertisement