Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Homicide cases were very unsatisfying :(

The last 'proper' case was a pain in the ass -
    yet again, when it came to interrogation it was pretty much a 50-50 chance of picking who the right suspect was - and by right I mean wrong, because moments later it turns out to have been a completely random decision. Poor form.

And curse that
    chandelier
    ! The **** was up with that?

Hoping it picks up in Vice, or I don't know, I'll complain about it on the Internet or something.

Vice has a fair bit of gun action in it. Just wait until you complete that desk ;) .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

DarkJager wrote: »
    gun action

They can keep their 'meh' gun action unless they have some frickin' coherent writing :pac:

Still happy to stick with it, but for a detective game not allowing the player to go with their intuition is a major flaw.

They can keep their 'meh' gun action unless they have some frickin' coherent writing :pac:

Still happy to stick with it, but for a detective game not allowing the player to go with their intuition is a major flaw.

There is a very nice twist coming at the end of Vice which I think you'll enjoy in terms of story. The overall story seems to be a lot more coherent once that happens, which actually surprised me as well because I thought it would simply be "do one desk, move to the other".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

OK just finished this.

Shltty gameplay, awesome story. First time I've been able to persevere with a bad game because of an excellent story. Thought the story played out really well and the ending was really satisfying. A bit like watching an excellent mini series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

OK just finished this.

Shltty gameplay, awesome story. First time I've been able to persevere with a bad game because of an excellent story. Thought the story played out really well and the ending was really satisfying. A bit like watching an excellent mini series.

Satisfying:eek:
    you don't even get to kill roy...

Enjoyed the last case though, fun gameplay, decent story but disappointed with the ending.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

I just got this game today. I want to install this on my xbox, should I install all 3 discs at once or can I install them as I have to change them?

Smarmy wrote: »
    I just got this game today. I want to install this on my xbox, should I install all 3 discs at once or can I install them as I have to change them?

Not much point installing it man, its about 20GB. Game runs fast enough on the discs alone.

Anyone know what trade in value is being offered on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Xtravision normally give 30 euros for any recent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

And curse that
    chandelier
    ! The **** was up with that?

That took me a few attempts all right , once I sused that you basically had to go from arms out to hugging the thing and not rotate around it, it was sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

calex71 wrote: »
    That took me a few attempts all right , once I sused that you basically had to go from arms out to hugging the thing and not rotate around it, it was sorted.
    Got it fist time, mate! :cool:

Got it fist time, mate! :cool:

Me too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

subway wrote: »
    so please dont presume to know what i find boring and i would ask that you read my full post before jumping to some conclusion. tks

Woah, hold on there lads. I probably should've added that I wasn't directing my post at yourself, and I only used your comment as an example. Your opinion is your opinion, I'm not trying to change that.

I work in a games store and we have quite a few people trading-in L.A. Noire - they all hated the game. It didn't live up to the hype, wasn't what they were expecting etc. But a few of them disliked the fact that you couldn't blow up cars or you couldn't draw your pistol at random. To these people I asked, what did you expect?
    mrm wrote:
    I was going to start a new thread questioning if LA Noire is actually a 'game' and not more of a 'Healthy Options Interactive Movie'

You could say it's similar in style to Heavy Rain, but with the added ability of free-roam?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Finished the game lastnight, well the story cases anyway.. still have a few street crimes to find and gonna hound through the collectables for some achievements (anyone else having trouble with the newspapers? have 13/13 but no achievement)

Really enjoyed the game up until Vice, IMO after Homicide it became a bit too repetitive and found myself just going through the motions in cases instead of following the story and enjoying it.

Well worth getting though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I died once getting across the chain of it but got back off it without any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Notorious wrote: »
    I work in a games store and we have quite a few people trading-in L.A. Noire - they all hated the game. It didn't live up to the hype, wasn't what they were expecting etc. But a few of them disliked the fact that you couldn't blow up cars or you couldn't draw your pistol at random. To these people I asked, what did you expect?

Seems to be alot of people disliking it for these reasons. It's definitely a case of them expecting GTA or else feeling that the game is too slow. It is a slow game there's no doubt but it's so different to anything else out there right now and a great hark back to point and click games. I'm loving it. Taking my time going through about a case an evening so as not to burn out on it which I imagine is quite easy if you do cases back to back. They'll all start to blur together.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I dont know about the others but i am just loving this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I'm loving it too. Nearly finished all my Homicide cases, just after finding the
    7th Shelley poem
    . It's so addictive, especially this case. Hadn't even planned on playing it, just watching the cut scene, then it looked so good I started it. Next thing I knew it was nearly an hour later when I turned it off. And I looked at my game stats, and I've been playing for 10 hours total :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finished the Homicide cases last night, such a brilliant game!!

News next week detailing the DLC cases AND the preorder exclusive cases being made available to everyone.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/rockstar-games/details-on-la-noire-downloadable-content-and-the-rockstar-pass-coming-next-week/10150314487643975

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Finally finished it today, and it was quite a struggle, not because it was difficult but because it's just an incredibly boring game to play. The whole thing seemed to drag on forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

gooch2k9 wrote: »
    Satisfying:eek:
    you don't even get to kill roy...

Enjoyed the last case though, fun gameplay, decent story but disappointed with the ending.

I'm not into
    the big hollywood type endings
    . I thought this was perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus some glitch on newspaper 7, one of the characters is invisible apart from his hat andd there is no audio, good thing I had subtitles on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Propane Nightmare

What a underwhelming game, bought it and returned it after a few days! Not a good game, possibly the most boring game ive ever played. Guy in gamestop said they had been flooded with returns and trade ins of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Sheesh.. was away for the last week, and was gonna pick this up tomorrow.

Don't know if I'll bother - real mixed opinions so might wait til it drops sub €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Basq wrote: »
    Sheesh.. was away for the last week, and was gonna pick this up tomorrow.

Don't know if I'll bother - real mixed opinions so might wait til it drops sub €20.
    I was wondering how you managed to let the BA section fall to pieces. :pac:

You're not really missing anything by waiting until it's cheaper, sure there's no multiplayer. It wont really matter that no one's playing it when you eventually pick it up. Still think it's a really good game but has it's problems, mostly in design flaws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Finally finished it today, and it was quite a struggle, not because it was difficult but because it's just an incredibly boring game to play. The whole thing seemed to drag on forever.

Best thing I ever figured out was holding down Y to get to next destination. Got me to the end of the game a lot quicker. My verdict - yawnarama. Played portal 2 just before this and graphics can't compare but portal 2 was infinitely more fun and addictive. Loved it. Just hope smyths are still giving 45 quid for noire.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,282 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I have this terrible urge to see what people are talking about behind the spoiler tags. It's killing me and ruining future cases :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

I really don't know how I feel about this game. Finally finished it today.

Bit unhappy with the ending, mainly because of that
    TOTALLY UNNECESSARY DEATH. Damn it, Earle, I wanted to take you down
    . Feels like they're leaving room for an epilogue DLC, or from what I've been reading, two more sequels, rather than giving a really satisfying ending.

The main problem with this game is that it's not mainstream enough for people. Majority of people need to have their attention kept, there needs to be bursts of action. I myself struggled to finish the game, because the cases were all just the same gameplay mechanic - find evidence, interrogate suspects, story twist, charged suspect is actually innocent, hunt down real killer.

I applaud Rockstar for taking a risk. They really pushed the boundaries on this one. The problem is that this game doesn't particularly work. It's not a movie, nor is it a straight-up game. I'm glad it was made, because it was certainly an experience to play, albeit a flawed one. The atmosphere is fantastic, the recreated 40's LA is amazing, and the design in general is just astounding.

I just can't help feeling that this should be LA Confidential 2. It's borrowed characters and some of the plot from LA Confidential, and the story of LA Noire is amazing at times, and it just would have worked better as a movie sequel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Bought this during the week .. keeps freezing on my on the X360 .. enjoying it anyways. Good visuals, good scripts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bluemooncity

Meh, i'm having a blast anyway.

SAY YA ARE WITH PALM AND FIVE SISTERS

Advertisement