Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Argh, I want to buy this from somewhere other than Gamestop.

I don't even bother looking in there for new titles now. All of them are 49.99, go (practically next door) to HMV or GAME and they're usually 44.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rooney10 wrote: »

I don't even bother looking in there for new titles now. All of them are 49.99, go (practically next door) to HMV or GAME and they're usually 44.99.

I usually go to HMV for new titles but can't turn up my nose at a bonus case and soundtrack!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Buy it in game,they have the naked city dlc.

Buy it in game,they have the naked city dlc.

Ah I thought that was only in America or UK. This sounds more appealing than the Gamestop dlc. However, the last 2 times i prebooked games with Game, they didn't have them in stock on release day, hate giving them my money and havn't bought something from them in years. I didn't know they started selling new titles for 45 quid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Ah I thought that was only in America or UK. This sounds more appealing than the Gamestop dlc. However, the last 2 times i prebooked games with Game, they didn't have them in stock on release day, hate giving them my money and havn't bought something from them in years. I didn't know they started selling new titles for 45 quid.

Well when I was in the game in cork city it had "naked city"dlc on it,I was half thinking of getting instead of the other one.How long was it when that happened to ya?Anytime I've prebooked with them they've always had it.

• Advertisement

Well when I was in the game in cork city it had "naked city"dlc on it,I was half thinking of getting instead of the other one.How long was it when that happened to ya?Anytime I've prebooked with them they've always had it.

Ah was about 4 or 5 years back (i hold grudges :)). Think i'll pre book with Game now, especially since pubes were confirmed as being a feature of the game, Naked City sounds like it will be covered in em :pac:

Ah was about 4 or 5 years back (i hold grudges :)). Think i'll pre book with Game now, especially since pubes were confirmed as being a feature of the game, Naked City sounds like it will be covered in em :pac:

you ordering it online?

no was gonna do it in the shop, do they have the bonus dlc in the shops as well or just online?

Its both.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm confused, the Naked City dlc will be a Game exclusive even though it's advertised as a GameStop exclusive in the US of A... Hmmm...

• Advertisement

I'm confused, the Naked City dlc will be a Game exclusive even though it's advertised as a GameStop exclusive in the US of A... Hmmm...

Im confused too :confused:

anyone have Game's website to preorder online (if you even can)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

anyone have Game's website to preorder online (if you even can)?

http://www.game.co.uk/

Dont think they have an irish website but they do deliver to Ireland AFAIK but doubt you will get the game on release day.

game.co.uk thats the only one I could find.

thanks lads, can't search properly in work. ah might just prebook in store so. will ring em up and find out they def have that bonus dlc 1st tho!

thanks lads, can't search properly in work. ah might just prebook in store so. will ring em up and find out they def have that bonus dlc 1st tho!

Let us know!

Bastaard stupid phone!! outta credit haha, i'll ring em in the morning and let ye know lads

Ok i got cred, had to anyway, and rang Game. Yer man didn't really know. He said the computer was showing up 2 versions of the game, regular edition and collectors edition with the naked city. I asked any prices, he said he didn't know but usually 49.99 euro. i said will collectors edition cost more, he said not sure but usually a fiver more but depends on the dlc. I asked if the collectors was just the prebook edition, he didn't know and said i could prebook both :confused:

Bottom line, he didn't know and as much as I'd like that the naked city, I just don't think I will prebook with a place like that. At least with gamestop I'll know exactly where I stand and what i'm getting for 49.99. (money not that important as my gf is buying it for me but its the principle dammit!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

naked city is also a dlc 'exclusive' with gamestop in ireland if you pre order online. maybe in store too, im not sure. not so exclusive

Nodferatu wrote: »
    naked city is also a dlc 'exclusive' with gamestop in ireland if you pre order online. maybe in store too, im not sure. not so exclusive

Gamestop Ireland are giving you 'Slip of the Tongue' bonus case and soundtrack.

http://www.gamestop.ie/39590_PlayStation_3_LA_Noire_Exclusive_Pre_Order_Bonus_.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

right, sorry, my bad, made a mistake :)
    how many dlc is altogether?

I think they're the only 2 in Ireland, America has a few different offers like badges to collect. Apparently, all of this DLC will be released to buy on PSN etc. eventually so you can buy all of them down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm in last two weeks I come back to this thread. All two weeks I can see only talking about dlcs and not actual game. Call me when you will lol.

Seriuosly, I checked good fe trailers, but there are not many gameplay trailers. All in all in will be real life sandbox type. Not the idiotic gta4 where it camt decide?

Hmmm in last two weeks I come back to this thread. All two weeks I can see only talking about dlcs and not actual game. Call me when you will lol.

Seriuosly, I checked good fe trailers, but there are not many gameplay trailers. All in all in will be real life sandbox type. Not the idiotic gta4 where it camt decide?

Ya, kinda hard to talk about a game thats not out yet and very little gameplay has been seen, see ya on the 20th May ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Pre-ordered in Gamestop yesterday evening for €3, all I need to do is show up on the day with my 3 games from that list to trade and I get the game for free. Sweet...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

rickyjb wrote: »
    Pre-ordered in Gamestop yesterday evening for €3, all I need to do is show up on the day with my 3 games from that list to trade and I get the game for free. Sweet...;)

I'm going to avoid Gamestop out of principle, dlc or not.

Again, walked into Gamestop in the Crescent at the weekend, every new title 49.99. Walked into HMV, nearly all the new titles were a fiver cheaper.

If there is DLC, I'd rather give the money to the people that made it, and buy the game for the lowest price possible (ie: not Gamestop).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If there is DLC, I'd rather give the money to the people that made it, and buy the game for the lowest price possible (ie: not Gamestop).

I paid €50 for a new release a couple of months back, and by trading it in and getting €45 credit, plus 25% pre-order bonus, i've traded in my 5th new release and have nearly the price of a new game built up in credit too...

(Games were Bulletstorm, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2, Homefront, Dead Space 2)

Gamestop are grand if you know how to play them.

Preordered this in game with the naked city dlc,he didn't know what price it was gonna be though,I've a few bob on my game card anyway :).

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh dunno which one to prebook!

• Advertisement

Go with naked city ;)

Advertisement