Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LA Noire

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dunno if this's been posted already, but I'm only back from holidays and had an email in my inbox today telling me that our good friends GamesNaSH are offering €30 of vouchers to use on their site for all pre-orders of this which isn't to be sniffed at tbh (XBox 360 and PS3).

Not a bad deal at all if you're not arsed with DLC... And want to buy Irish... And support one of our own... (did I lay all that on thick enough?)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kharn wrote: »
    Dunno if this's been posted already, but I'm only back from holidays and had an email in my inbox today telling me that our good friends GamesNaSH are offering €30 of vouchers to use on their site for all pre-orders of this which isn't to be sniffed at tbh (XBox 360 and PS3).

Not a bad deal at all if you're not arsed with DLC... And want to buy Irish... And support one of our own... (did I lay all that on thick enough?)

Jaysus thats well class! we can buy the dlc eventually anyway. When does this go live? their site is blocked in work :(

So I can prebook this and use the voucher to buy Portal 2 (with a few extra quid)??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭wench

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So I can prebook this and use the voucher to buy Portal 2 (with a few extra quid)??????????
    Sadly not. Its 6 x €5 vouchers, issued monthly, and only valid for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

here is Geoff Keighley's interview with the game developer. There are some gameplay shots. Not sure if this was shown before or not.

http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/119&ch=1&sd=1?ep=119&ch=1&sd=1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

wench wrote: »
    Sadly not. Its 6 x €5 vouchers, issued monthly, and only valid for a month.

wow, some small print that...

• Advertisement

Ah crap, no way I can afford a game a month, even with a fiver off. Gamestop & Game are back in the running.

For that gametrailers vid, is there a name for the vid so I can look it up on yootoob?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wossack wrote: »
    wow, some small print that...

Normally I would have gone with gamesnash but thats the reason I did'nt this time,gonna preorder brink off them alrite.

Anyone know what kind of T-shirt Smyths are giving when you preorder with them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone know what kind of T-shirt Smyths are giving when you preorder with them?

I just checked the website and all it says is l.a noire t-shirt,so I persume it might be similiar to box art maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Price has dropped to £35 (€40) on amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I just checked the website and all it says is l.a noire t-shirt,so I persume it might be similiar to box art maybe?
    Its probably the plain black one with LA Noire on the front in yellow and a grey Rockstar logo on the back. They gave away loads of them at PAX.

Edit: top of page here -> http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/15151/rockstar-warehouse-update-la-noire-tees-and-posters-now-in-stock.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

There were 2 gameplay trailers on xbox live recently.

It looked pretty damn good. There are 3 parts in each case. So it sounds great, but now I am wondering: wount that be like assassins creed? Which was so repetitive in each mission?!

There were 2 gameplay trailers on xbox live recently.

It looked pretty damn good. There are 3 parts in each case. So it sounds great, but now I am wondering: wount that be like assassins creed? Which was so repetitive in each mission?!

Oh god I hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pre-ordered in gamestop. Very excited for this.

I hope I'm not the only one who took all the talk in this thread of the "bonus case" you can get when you preorder as being a fecking special game case or something :o

Delighted when I got to the desk and realised it was DLC! :pac:

New gameplay vid coming tomorrow, got it from R* on facebook. will be with us at 5pm GMT
    An all-new L.A. Noire Gameplay Series Video: "Rising Through the Ranks" is coming this Thursday April 21st at noon Eastern time.

Look for the video to go in-depth on how, as returning WWII veteran Cole Phelps, you will face criminal cases across 5 department desks of the LAPD - from a patrolman to a Traffic desk detective, to investigating grislyhomicides and more...

Check it out this Thursday here on Facebook or at the L.A. Noire official website.

New gameplay vid coming tomorrow, got it from R* on facebook. will be with us at 5pm GMT

Cant wait to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Can't wait for this, gonna pre-order it tomorrow:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭Elessar

This can't come quick enough!! Love high-production value single player story games! Loved GTA 4 and Mafia 2 - this looks like a kind of cross over of both!

And I've a week off at the end of May - perfect!!! Come on May 20th!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

i think tho with no multiplayer the game is gonna have a lot shorter life span than RDR, but i can understand they wanted to make it single player only to focus on the story mode more. its kinda a shame tho, its still looking like possibly game of the year... until skyrim comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I watched LA Confidential last night... really looking forward to this now!!

Nodferatu wrote: »
    i think tho with no multiplayer the game is gonna have a lot shorter life span than RDR, but i can understand they wanted to make it single player only to focus on the story mode more. its kinda a shame tho, its still looking like possibly game of the year... until skyrim comes out.

I am sooooooooo happy it's single player only!!! Why everything has to have multiplayer FFs? I imagine if there will be **** game, fans will be disappointed that there is no multiplayer mode :(

Seriuosly, we need more quality single player games. This game will nail it, specially when they can give alot of life to it. As it's made with cases. Adding a case in to already built city is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

I am sooooooooo happy it's single player only!!! Why everything has to have multiplayer FFs? I imagine if there will be **** game, fans will be disappointed that there is no multiplayer mode :(

Seriuosly, we need more quality single player games. This game will nail it, specially when they can give alot of life to it. As it's made with cases. Adding a case in to already built city is easier.

whoa calm down there lad, dont get het up over an opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

It's just frustration at how many single player games needlessly added in multiplayer just so they could say it on the press release and on the back of the game's case. I can think of a handful of awesome games that wasted production time on multiplayer because people were saying, "Duurr it needs multiplayer n' stuff 'cause it's too short."

People don't know how to take their time with games and enjoy them anymore. Speed through em' like they're going to death row the next day and then rape multiplayer till the next game comes out. Pft.

That trailer has me intriged, though - It's definitely not a game I'll be picking up any time soon though. The character models leave a lot to the imagination :[

Nodferatu wrote: »
    whoa calm down there lad, dont get het up over an opinion.

i am not angry or something, its just facinating how some gamers want multiplayer on EVERYTHING these days. Like very well noticed above. it feels like excuse to do SP for a game. look at homefront, they knew they will be focused on multiplayer, so why they didnt just ditched sp part of it and put those recourses into multiplayer? now they got two half assed modes. ****y SP 3 hour long and ****y multiplayer.

Bioshock 2 had same sindrome. they needed to drop all recourses in to SP mode and dont bother with multiplayer. they did bouth, and SP side of it took a great hit. no one even cares about multiplayer part now...

You said opinion, and i give you very good argument why this gamedoes NOT need a multiplayer.

i hade all those games with coop SP modes. its fine when they do two separate modes aka portal 2, but when they do it like RE5 or lost planet 2... oh lord...
    okay, back on la noire. i am really looking forward to it, i dont even care much about combat part of the game, i just love to get in to that detective thing. i really hope its not going to be dumbed down game and it will have proper puzzels...

p.s. sorry if it looked like attack in my previuos post lol ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I read somewhere there's going to be between 20-30 hours of gameplay which is great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I imagine if there will be **** game, fans will be disappointed that there is no multiplayer mode :(

It's out for the Wii, but in Japan only...

5688946.jpg

Anyway, am definitely getting this release day. When i back at work wednesday, i'm booking a few days off for it's release.

It's out for the Wii, but in Japan only...

5688946.jpg

Anyway, am definitely getting this release day. When i back at work wednesday, i'm booking a few days off for it's release.

Thanks god its not on ps3 or xbox... It would be hard to explain achievements "handy mcfast" ...

A gameplay vid was leaked on youtube a while ago but its down now. I'm sure it will pop up somewhere else tho.

• Advertisement

Looks like I may have to cancel my pre-order with game because all the shops in cork city are gonna be closed because of the queens visit,she would have to visit the day l.a noire is out wouldn't she :rolleyes:

Advertisement