Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking At RDS Toys for Big Boys

Options
  • 11-11-2010 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Couldnt find another forum for this so feel free to move

Anyone tell me whats the parking situation like at the RDS for Toys for Big Boys this weekend?

I've heard there's parking there, but unsure how much and what other alternatives might be available.

Is the car park clearly signposted for the parking there?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Durhamstown1

You can generally park in the Simmonscourt part. Think they have a flat rate of about 6quid. That event is worth seeing but don't bring small kids, Nightmare to negotiate with buggies etc. G'luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Get the dart.

A toy for a big boy. Start as you mean to continue

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

AH -> RDS forum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

youngblood wrote: »
    Couldnt find another forum for this so feel free to move

Anyone tell me whats the parking situation like at the RDS for Toys for Big Boys this weekend?

I've heard there's parking there, but unsure how much and what other alternatives might be available.

Is the car park clearly signposted for the parking there?

Any help appreciated!

Hmmm..judging by the last few years....get the train to Sandymount station. Or get the number 5, 7, 8 or 45 bus.

They get something like 5000 visitors per day, so it's all a little crowded when it comes to parking.

biko wrote: »
    AH -> RDS forum
    Ha! Beat you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

You can park in simmonscourt alright and as said its €6

I went yesterday and there seemed to be the same if not less stuff there compared to last year. Unless your going on a pair of freebie tickets I wouldnt be in a hurry out there

Just got back. Good show, but not as much as last year. And a lot less freebies being given out (Got some pot noodles, a poster and a chocolate bar).

The Wall of Death attraction was pretty good (as usual), though they started charging €5 per person this year (as well as asking for contributions from the crowd to help with a medical fund)

Mattie Griffin puts on a good motorbike stunt show as well.

Have to give a big thanks to the exhibitors. Great bunch of people who are fun to chat with and who sometimes give great discounts.

Parking wasn't as bad as I thought. There was less visitors this year.

Advertisement