Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashed Drive

• 11-11-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Basically, I've been away from the xbox scene for quite a while (got given a ps3) but I'm back to stay ;]
    I flashed my 360 about a year ago, maybe a little more - I had bought a kreon drive but never got the chance to burn anything (forgot about it)

I was just wondering, do I need to reflash the drive since it was such a long time ago that it was done? ( I think I flashed it with iXtreme 1.6 and Jungleflasher.0.1.6.6 (I no longer have the dump from my xbox)
    I also updated the xbox to the latest version to play Kinect, does that have any effect on the flash?

thanks,

Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You've most likely been flagged for a banning if that matters, iX 1.6 has long been detectable.

I would recommend flashing to the latest iXtreme for your model of drive as it'll provide the most compatibility going back and forward :)

And dump your Kreon drive, it's useless these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

You've most likely been flagged for a banning if that matters, iX 1.6 has long been detectable.

I would recommend flashing to the latest iXtreme for your model of drive as it'll provide the most compatibility going back and forward :)

And dump your Kreon drive, it's useless these days

I haven't connected online yet, or have I downloaded any illegal games or used them (is there a way to stop it from reporting discrepancy's with the flashed drive before I connect it to the internet, it hasn't been connected in about a year)

Also, I no longer have the PC I used to flash it - it was a desktop with XP (is it possible to flash it with a Sony Vaio with a E-Sata port and Windows 7)

and lastly, do you not require a Kreon drive for burning games anymore? (it's a Samsung SH-D163B)

cheers,

Kevin.

The subroutines used to detect drives have been in the xbox 360 dashboard since version 2.0.8955. You can be assured they're there in 2.0.9199 and the latest dash (Kinect). Microsoft don't care if you play only legitimate games in your DVD drive with flashed firmware, the fact remains you modded your console and that is grounds to ban from Xbox Live

Once you're flagged there's no going back, you will be banned. If you ever want to be truly safe, never flash your drive.

You never needed a Kreon for what you describe as far as I'm aware, at least not since iXtreme 1.51 and beyond which is going on nearly two years. The Kreon drive was for reading AFAIK, but even that can be done with regular drives now.

And the fact you don't have your PC doesn't mean anything. You can still get your key from the flashed drive in a variety of ways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

The subroutines used to detect drives have been in the xbox 360 dashboard since version 2.0.8955. You can be assured they're there in 2.0.9199 and the latest dash (Kinect). Microsoft don't care if you play only legitimate games in your DVD drive with flashed firmware, the fact remains you modded your console and that is grounds to ban from Xbox Live

Once you're flagged there's no going back, you will be banned. If you ever want to be truly safe, never flash your drive.

You never needed a Kreon for what you describe as far as I'm aware, at least not since iXtreme 1.51 and beyond which is going on nearly two years. The Kreon drive was for reading AFAIK, but even that can be done with regular drives now.

And the fact you don't have your PC doesn't mean anything. You can still get your key from the flashed drive in a variety of ways

If I am to legitimately backup one of my games (incase the disk gets damaged, not for distribution or anything illegal) do I not require a special drive to burn onto a DVD DL disc (Kreon?)

and tbh I don't really care if I get banned, don't use online anyways

cheers,

Kevin.

This is way beyond the bounds of what can be discussed here, but no you do not need a Kreon. The latest games are using AP2.5 which Kreons can't even handle properly. Kreon drives are no longer a requirement for anything which I why I suggested you dump it (as in sell it, or actually throw it away, it's a waste to keep it if you ask me).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Kevin! wrote: »
    If I am to legitimately backup one of my games

It can't be legitimately done, as it's technically against the law to evade the copy protection mechanisms that are present on games/movies etc.

Advertisement