Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog bit ,what would you do??

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I can't believe the amount of people on this thread who think dogs are disposable. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I can't believe the amount of people on this thread who think dogs are disposable. :(

Not just this thread.. and not just dogs.. Many years ago in Siamese breeding days, we had a litter infected with chlamydia; bad breeder of the tom.

One who we called Adam, was blinded by it and was not pretty to look at. He was raised on my shoulder and a more loving and intelligent cat there never was. One vet offered to sew his eyes up for cosmetic reasons. But we kept him as he was.

At one time he visited an old folk's home as a PAT cat; the old ones would call him and he would go to no-one but me. It was a great game ;)

And whenever anyone came to buy a kitten, we would let Adam in. The real cat lovers loved him; the others said he should be put down.

Disability is just that. Not a reason to kill. Adam lived many happy years blind as he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Graces7 wrote: »
    And whenever anyone came to buy a kitten, we would let Adam in. The real cat lovers loved him; the others said he should be put down.

Disability is just that. Not a reason to kill. Adam lived many happy years blind as he was.

That was a great way of vetting the owners, a disabilty that is not effecting the quality of life to a significant degree or causing pain and suffering is not a reason to put an animal down.

Advertisement