Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need an outsized kitchen-sink stopper

• 11-11-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to get a stopper for my kitchen sink. It's a rented house and it seems to be a very weird sized stopper that's required. None of the stoppers I can buy seem to do the trick, even the ones that are supposed to be 'one size fits all'.

I've attached 2 photos to show the problem. I hope I've used the correct etiquette for posting photos :).

The post stopper1.jpg shows the stopper hole. As can be seen, it is a standardish looking stopper hole with a larger hole above it that is used for a strainer. The post stopper2.jpg shows the sink with the strainer in situ. The stopper required would be of a larger diameter and not as deep as many of the ones I can find in hardware stores.

Any ideas on how I can get a stopper for this scenario as I'm sick of doing the washing up in a basin :).

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You should be able to get one anywhere that sell sinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

be easier to get a new basket strainer complete with stopper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭drag0n79

Is it not 'stoppered' when you push the strainer all the way down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

drag0n79 wrote: »
    Is it not 'stoppered' when you push the strainer all the way down?

first pic - no, cause it's pulled out.

second pic - yes, if it's pushed down as much as it can be pushed down.

PHEW :rolleyes: all that hard work.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That seems a common enough type stopper in newer sinks. My own sink uses the same stopper.

As mp22 says, anyone that sells sinks (or kitchen units) should have them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement