Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THFC Financial Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Not great either.

The extra investment on the first team will only reap benefits if we are successful....i.e. we win trophies, reach the latter stages of the CL or at least qualify for next seasons CL again.

I guarantee everyone one of our players had clauses in their contracts to 'up' their wages if we qualified for the CL (as we did last season) and therefore our wage bill has probably gone through the roof.

I hope with the extra TV coverage this season and (fingers crossed) we progress to the knock-out stage that we will recoup significant finances to offset this years loss.

If we don't, then expect to see at least a couple of our current stars departing to pastures new.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

RichMc70 wrote: »
    Not great either.

The extra investment on the first team will only reap benefits if we are successful....i.e. we win trophies, reach the latter stages of the CL or at least qualify for next seasons CL again.

I guarantee everyone one of our players had clauses in their contracts to 'up' their wages if we qualified for the CL (as we did last season) and therefore our wage bill has probably gone through the roof.

I hope with the extra TV coverage this season and (fingers crossed) we progress to the knock-out stage that we will recoup significant finances to offset this years loss.

If we don't, then expect to see at least a couple of our current stars departing to pastures new.

Yes the CL participation should enhance those figures, although as you say, if we dont get back in to it, it will be difficult to sustain.

I'd like to think instead of some of our better players departing for pastures new, it will be the likes of Bentley,Keane and the likes...such players are on massive wages at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

Other papers are reporting this as a bad news story.

"Spurs announce after-tax losses of 6.5m despite record revenues"

Advertisement