Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xbox controller

• 11-11-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

First thread here, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm currently a mechanical engineering student, and doing my thesis on 3d scanning and reverse engineering. My problem is I hope to scan an Xbox 360 controller because it has plenty of properties that the scanner struggles with. Im asking would any of you guys know where to get technical drawings of this product. eg, autocad or solidworks drawings of it showing specific dimensions.

any help would be great

TL;DR need detailed xbox controller dimensions cheers :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

BASHIR wrote: »
    Hi guys

First thread here, I'm looking for a little advice. I'm currently a mechanical engineering student, and doing my thesis on 3d scanning and reverse engineering. My problem is I hope to scan an Xbox 360 controller because it has plenty of properties that the scanner struggles with. Im asking would any of you guys know where to get technical drawings of this product. eg, autocad or solidworks drawings of it showing specific dimensions.

any help would be great

TL;DR need detailed xbox controller dimensions cheers :pac:

we did it for the lc last year for dcg on solid works and finding dimensions of any controller was next to impossible. in the end someone made the ps3 by measuring everything with a calipers.

what if you tried emailing microsoft? or would they give 2 sh!ts?

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

cool, emailed Microsoft still no reply though,
    doubt they would want to give it out tbh,
    ah sure I'l figure it somehow, thanks anyways man :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I'd doubt they are going to give you the pads dimensions,probably copyrighted etc.Micro$oft dont wanna make reverse-engineering too easy:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

xbox-360-controller-wireless.jpg
    heres a start :D:D:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

garv123 wrote: »
    xbox-360-controller-wireless.jpg
    heres a start :D:D:D:rolleyes:

ha ha thanks for the laugh anyway :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement