Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large rifle cases

Options
  • 10-11-2010 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey try stormcase.ie they distributes Pelican cases in ireland, I dont know how much they are but check out the website.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Storm distributing Pelican, one of their main competitors, instead of selling their own cases?
    Feck!

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Sparks wrote: »
    Storm distributing Pelican, one of their main competitors, instead of selling their own cases?
    Feck!

They're not competitors any more. Pelican and Hardigg/Storm merged or maybe Pelican bought Hardigg. I think it happened over a year ago.

Ahhhh, that explains it.
    I seem to always be out of the loop on these things...

Actually, I must talk to them soonish about recutting foam for my peli case. Still interested in seeing how much it'd cost if we got a group deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Rosahane

I have a Stormforce soft case which nicely holds a similar setup to yours. It's about four inches thick closed with eggbox type foam on the inside and semi solid cordura type fabric on the outside. I think it was about €150.

I got it in Hilltop - he may have another - I'll check when I'm up there tomorrow.

• Advertisement

If it doesn't have to go through baggage handlers, that's probably a better solution from a cost/benefit viewpoint!

(If it does, on the other hand, well even a peli case is only barely up to the task. Baggage handlers are legendarily destructive...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ctaft77

Has anyone seen the SKB 3i-5014 Rifle Case? It looks awesome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Split off from a "For Sale/Wanted" thread. Some good info for those interested.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Pelican bought Hardigg over a year ago, price was umpteen millions IIRC

Storm cases are now called Peli Storm cases, but it was the larger rotary moulded cases that Hardigg made that attracted Peli, huge military use.

Like this bad boy, for example

http://pelican.com/cases_detail_mobile_military.php?Case=472-M-9MM-BR24

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

Looked at the financial press releases :

In Jan 2009 Pelican acquired Hardigg for about $200 million with backing from Behrman Capital.

Big synergies supposedly,
    • Pelican had automated injection molding skills whereas Hardigg had roto molding
    • Pelican has a diverse base of distribution in commercial and industrial markets, while Hardigg has close ties within the military.
    The combined entity will employ over 1,500 people in 23 offices and 6 manufacturing facilities in 12 countries around the world.

P.

Advertisement