Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best tools for erasing + checking hdd's

• 11-11-2010 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I have about 4x 2.5" hard disk drives that I want to check their status and erase any data. I do not want to have to boot a laptop with a cd and run some software to erase/check the drives.

I want to do this all in windows using a sata/ide hard disk dock. What is the fastest software to erase the contents of a hard disk and what is the fastest software to check if a hard disk is working reliably. I have been using 'Hard Disk Sentinal' to check drives. Is that good enough?

Cheers:D:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

I use hard disk sentinel and I think its fine.

I think you mean you want to erase certain pieces of data? Im not sure how this can be done properly. I usually just wipe an entire hard disk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Thanks will stick with Disk Sentinel for checking the status:D

No, I mean wiping the entire contents of the hard disks, I'm just looking for a fast windows based app to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

livEwirE wrote: »
    Thanks will stick with Disk Sentinel for checking the status:D

No, I mean wiping the entire contents of the hard disks, I'm just looking for a fast windows based app to do this.

For wiping hard disks I use dariks boot and nuke. It works on IDE drives not too sure about SATA ones though. You do have to boot into it but a lot of people approve of it.

@ bedlam. Didn't know that mate. So you're saying the format in windows 7 is secure enough to use?

Cheers for that Bedlam :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement