Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6700

Options
  • 11-11-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I bought a Nokia 6700 from Vodafone sometime around 12/13 July this year and just yesterday the inner screen cracked (don't ask me how as I genuinely don't know. It was working fine just an hour before I'd noticed this and I didn't drop it or anything).

My question, I have pulled the house apart and can't find the box it came in and the receipt for it is inside the box. Am I screwed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You dont need the receipt, send it to MPRC in sandyford. They fix the phones for vodafone. You problem is trying to convince them that you didnt crack it. They wont fix it free of charge once if you were the cause of the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

Davy wrote: »
    You dont need the receipt, send it to MPRC in sandyford. They fix the phones for vodafone. You problem is trying to convince them that you didnt crack it. They wont fix it free of charge once if you were the cause of the fault.

Cheers Davy. I don't really know how I can prove the damage wasn't my fault except to show them the external case (including screen) in perfect condition without any scratches.

On looking into it a little bit more it seems the problem is a common occurrence.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Other-Nokia-Phones/Nokia-6700-screen-failure/m-p/634309/highlight/true

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The 6700 has to be one of the worst phones nokia have ever released, the screens seem to crack themselves. Sometimes they'll fix it under warranty and sometimes they won't, it really luck of the draw but Nokia should be ashamed of them selves releasing pieces of crap like the 6700. Terrible phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 stevejcraven

The 6700 has to be one of the worst phones nokia have ever released, the screens seem to crack themselves. Sometimes they'll fix it under warranty and sometimes they won't, it really luck of the draw but Nokia should be ashamed of them selves releasing pieces of crap like the 6700. Terrible phone.

I can't say I've been overly impressed with it if I'm being honest. I know it seems everyone is going iPhone or HTC these days but I'm a creature of habit and have used, and for the most part, liked Nokia for years. How I get treated when I try to get this repaired will go a long way to finding out if I'll ever use a Nokia product again.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,227 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was nokia all the way for years, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole now, there making phones built to break.
    to be honest I don't think they'll fix it for free, they'll probably look for 50 to 65 euro. The 6700 is a scam, repair companies are cleaning up with the dirt nokia now call phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

same thing has just happened to me... went to 02 and they refused to fix it under warranty. went all the way to supervisor level in customer care, so after 10 years i told them ill be off at the end of my current contract. disgraceful that they wouldnt help me out and get it fixed under warranty.

im so p'd off and saw the thread on the nokia website just now, if only i has known...

i dont think ill bother even paying them to fix it if the issue is gonna keep repeating.

Advertisement