Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggys Day out

• 11-11-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My dog, black labrador, female 4 years, got out of the back garden this morning, first time this has ever happened, and we didnt find her until nearly 5. Havent a clue where she has been or anything !!!

Once we got her home, dried and fed, she started whimpering and crying and following us everywhere. Shes usually a quiet dog whos happier playn on her own with her toys.

I dont know what to do with her, shes sitting at my feet now afraid to move...

I understand this has been traumatic for her but how do I help her??

Hate seen her like this :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Is she neutered? Could she be in heat? Could be why she escaped. There was thunder and lightening in some places this morning so that could be why either.

Id leave her for a while just in a quiet area and don't fuss over her, she could be picking up that you are concerned for her and playing up on it to get attention. If she is still at it tomorrow then maybe a visit to the vets in case she got a knock by a car or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭julias_jewel

Shes neutered alright :) shes getting up every so often sniffing around but apart from that and the amount of gas shes leaving off shes just very downhearted.

Im just leaving her ramble around. Im thinking about the vets alright, just to get her checked !!

Your advice about leaving her be is probably right!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CreedonsDogDayc

Feel her all over gently, applying slight pressure. She could have been hit by a car, or injured herself escaping. You'll be able to locate any areas of pain by her reaction.

Watch her very closely incase she has internal injuries.

If she's still not 100% this morning, definitely bring her to the vet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

You said she was letting off a lot of gas?
    Could be she ate something on her "adventure" and is feeling a bit sick, feel the abdomen and see if she is sensitive there, keep an eye on toilet habits for a few days, and if you are worried call the vet.

Advertisement